Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Forecourt cockups  (Read 3609 times)

Offline XTFREAK

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • B+
Forecourt cockups
« on: June 04, 2013, 12:16:37 am »
Stopped of at an Engen garage this morning for a cup of coffee and had a bunch of youngsters asking me about my bike and all my fancy offroad trips and they were highly impressed with everthing. Till i jumped on the bike, turned it around and proceeded to drop it right there in the forecourt. What a CHOP.
Anyone done that?

Offline SmuGS

• A very quiet
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • 100 048 km.
Re: Forecourt cockups
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 01:49:53 am »
Only in front of a pub and that was BEFORE I went in, needless to say I had to buy a round.. ::)
Nee wat vlekkelose ek kuier op my lekkerste tussen die rokers,dronkgatte,vloekers,hoere en ander sondaars  :imaposer:
R1150gs,  KLE 500, XT660R.

Offline Sprocketbek

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 06:47:18 am »
Many years ago 6 of us went on a bike trip with any bikes we could scavenge. Times were tight, we were mostly students.
Our one friend was riding a Yamaha YB 100.

At Touws River the bike gave problems and he decided to clean the carb in the garage forecourt. In the process he dropped a jet between the cooling fins. There was NO WAY we could get it out  :(

We had to turn the whole bike upside down & give it a good shake..........   :imaposer:
KTM 990 Adv
KTM 640 Adv
"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots." - Umberto Eco, 2012

Offline Slaaiblaar

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 06:51:38 am »
Twice, once when shoe lace got stuck on gear lever, and once when I pushed the stand through a steel drain grid.....took 6 people to get the bike out of that "gat"

Online ClimbingTurtle

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • Give It Horns - Save Our Rhino's
    • Majita Tool Supplies
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 08:01:59 am »
Once in front of the main twatwaffle at Outdoor Warehouse, jumped on the bike, flicked the stand up, left foot slipped on some gravel and I gently helped Lump onto he ground....

Only saving grace was the helmet was already on.....
www.majita.co.za - we sell tools!

"And if I knew I was going to be this thirsty, I would have drunk more last night"

2010 R1200GS Adventure SOLD - 2007 BMW G650x  - 2001 F650GS Dak SOLD - 1981 XT500 - 1980 XT500 - Gone to Mud Island for a better life with Roadcat the Lordly, Keeper of the Mead...!

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 08:07:57 am »
Not bike related but one dark evening in my Jeep I pulled in to get juice - jockey fills up, I flip my Garage Card and he puts it in the mobile machine etc, hands card back ... stash it and pull away ... hear lots of shouting and eishes  :eek7:  The attendant had left the hose nozzle in the petrol filler and I have yanked it off the pump!   :biggrin: Well I was in hystirics - was clearly not my fault and told them as much. Reminded me of a WTF pic of a woman on a highway in USA with one hanging from her car - at least there it is self service so your fault.  :eek7:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline da PEEG

• "So far, everything that has surprised me has been completely unexpected."
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 08:18:24 am »
On my first ride - directly from the Honda dealership (and the first time I ever used the stand), I parked my brand new, sparkling Honda CB 750 F next to the Checkers plate-glass window !

I parked verrrrrryyyyy close to the window.  I got off, walked away all kitted out in my brand new Hein Gericke leathers and Nava full-face helmet when I heard a MASSIVE B-A-N-G behind me!
I turned around to see that my bike had fallen up against the plate-glass window of the Checkers shop-front...
EVERYONE automatically looked at me - I could not deny that it was my bike, all the evidence pointed to me.  :pale:

All ended well though, the plate glass window did NOT break - my bike had just fallen against it and had slid down the side of the window - no damage done, only egos seriously bruised.

S-E-R-I-O-U-S-L-Y  EMBARRASING DUDE !
BMW R1150GSA(Sidecar);  Yamaha XT660R

Online ETS

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Adventure S
  • Die Punda van Prieska
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 08:50:32 am »
Not bike related but one dark evening in my Jeep I pulled in to get juice - jockey fills up, I flip my Garage Card and he puts it in the mobile machine etc, hands card back ... stash it and pull away ... hear lots of shouting and eishes  :eek7:  The attendant had left the hose nozzle in the petrol filler and I have yanked it off the pump!   :biggrin: Well I was in hystirics - was clearly not my fault and told them as much. Reminded me of a WTF pic of a woman on a highway in USA with one hanging from her car - at least there it is self service so your fault.  :eek7:

Professor verstrooi?????!!!!! :lol8: :thumleft:
If i had to explain you would not understand anyway......

Offline buzzlightyear

• I'm Buzz Lightyear. I come in peace.
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • To infinity and beyond
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 09:18:42 am »
On the way to or back from the Hogsback bash in 07 with Ball&Chain, Watermat and briv we stopped at Willowmore to fill up. My soft panniers were a bit off-centre, and the KLE stood quite upright with a load. Without thinking I lifted the left hand pannier up, and the bike immediately toppled over with a bang. The attendant's eyes were like saucers, and he almost had the bike upright before I could lend a hand  ;D
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Offline jagter

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 09:23:37 am »
Ha Ha.  This type of crap keeps you humble.  It's the type of thing that happens just when you start getting cocky.

I've had my fair share.  Most embarrassing is moering down in my own driveway.

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 09:26:22 am »
On a loooong haul in the UK alone on my fully loaded Suzuki GS750, pulled up at self service fuel station on the Motorway, sitting on bike go to put bike on sidestand...... forgot to put side stand down..... I now have the whole weight of the bike pinning my leg to the petrol pump and leg not touching the ground :-[ :-[ I somehow got my weight across to "throw" the bike back up before "help" arrived...  :peepwall: :peepwall:
An aspiring Coddiwompler

Offline LouisXander

• Lesotho (K)night rider.
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Member of the Secret Sazook Society...
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 09:26:32 am »
MIne on Beyers Nause in morning traffic. Was on the 1100GS. Stopped at the robot and used to slide foot off footpeg the safety shoes got stuck and I bliksemed neer.....also didnt take off the helmet in the pick up process :imaposer:
Don't dress for the ride,........dress for the fall!

Offline Woestynhond

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2013, 09:58:48 am »
Went to the local shopping centre,  when leaving stalled and dropped my bike at crawling speed when a car gave me a gap and i took my hand off the clutch to say thanks!
Think i picked it up with one hand out of embarresment, luckily had my helmet on!

When young got so pissed a few times i forgot to put foot out when stopping at stopsign...... :ricky:
and she said " What are you doin today ? ".
and I said " Nothing ".
and she said " But you did that yesterday ".
and I said "I haven`t finished yet ".

Offline clutch

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2013, 11:04:28 am »
At the potholes in mpumalanga: Had the panniers on (not used to panniers as I hardly use them), approached the parking area, see a nice gap at the gate next to a tourbus full of Germans who disimbarked the bus and standing in a crowd. Came riding in and the side pannier clipped a short pole. "Moered om"!!!! Could hear the cameras clicking, so embarrising, Picked the bike up and left without visiting the potholes  :-[

Offline ZK1

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2013, 11:13:59 am »
I have to take all of this in and store it in a safe place in my brain for easy access!!. I can see this happening to me!

That side stand through the grid is classic.
2012 Yamaha XT660z (Sold)
2007 KX250 2T (Sold)
2002 CR250 2T (Sold)
1998 CR125 2T (Sold)
1990 KX125 2T (Sold)

Offline Pom17

• Race Dog
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Cobus van der Merwe
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2013, 11:33:49 am »
When I am drunk I am fine, when I am hungover I tend to drop the bike a lot :imaposer:

Offline Brandt

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
Re: Re: Forecourt cockups
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 11:44:24 am »
Just got my 990 pulling in at the petrol station when my front hit a patch of oil and down I went. The petrol station manager running to come and help, he was very worried.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Offline EssBee

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2013, 11:55:08 am »
Seriously funny stories here guyz  :biggrin:....yes that one with the sidestand in the grid is classic!!!

Offline Vlakhaas

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2013, 01:10:20 pm »
Slipped on diesel with a brand new KLR and dropped it right behind MY truck with 27 of MY workers on the back!

Took weeks to repair bike to new condition, rode 5 km to Dad's to show off and promptly dropped it in his driveway!

Offline m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2013, 01:12:43 pm »
First day I bought my GS I drove from Durban to Clarens. Took it easy as I was still intimidated with it.  All went well until I had to make a U-turn in Clarens, in front of some pub, lost my balance and fell in the middle of the street.

No damage to bike, think it landed on my hurt ego
Dooie visse gaan saam met die stroom...