Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Petition to save Killarney  (Read 1358 times)

Offline SmuGS

• A very quiet
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • 100 048 km.
Re: Petition to save Killarney
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2013, 01:24:51 pm »
Signed..

In East London I bought my house BECAUSE it was close to the race track. If I heard cars or bikes, quickly pack cooler box and braai and head off  to the track..
Nee wat vlekkelose ek kuier op my lekkerste tussen die rokers,dronkgatte,vloekers,hoere en ander sondaars  :imaposer:
R1150gs,  KLE 500, XT660R.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2013, 01:45:46 pm »
What makes Killarney unique is the way in which spectators can access the pitlane. More modern track and you watch with a pair of binoculars.

Killarney poses no threat or competition to the planned F1 track, so I do not think that those guys are behind Killarney's woes.

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2013, 01:47:51 pm »
I would personally have no issues if they closed Killarney.. on condition that there was a good alternative, I go and watch racing all the time with my dad, it is a jol, however I also agree with Crossed up, Killarney's facilities are pretty grim, the pit wall on the wrong side of the track ( assessable or not, it is dangerous ), not to mention really poor spectator viewpoints compared to more modern facilities, they could do with a really good upgrade especially with the marshals who are half asleep most of the time..

People have been signing petitions to have the refinery moved for 20 years, it will never happen.

IMO these petitions will have little or no effect on the running and future of the track, the track will close when it becomes more profitable to develop the land, that simple.
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2013, 01:55:57 pm »
I would personally have no issues if they closed Killarney.. on condition that there was a good alternative, I go and watch racing all the time with my dad, it is a jol, however I also agree with Crossed up, Killarney's facilities are pretty grim, the pit wall on the wrong side of the track ( assessable or not, it is dangerous ), not to mention really poor spectator viewpoints compared to more modern facilities, they could do with a really good upgrade especially with the marshals who are half asleep most of the time..

People have been signing petitions to have the refinery moved for 20 years, it will never happen.

IMO these petitions will have little or no effect on the running and future of the track, the track will close when it becomes more profitable to develop the land, that simple.

The last thing I want is a safe, sterile new "facility", where safety is so important that the spectator sits a few kilometers from the action.

Offline Grrrr....

• ...eats seeds as a pastime activity.
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • If you trim your tree beware the roots.
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2013, 01:56:38 pm »
That noisy place that I hear every Saturday?

They going to close it down?

Now if we can just close down those mosquito sounding model air plane landing strip at Rietvlei all will be silent in Millerton!

Offline EssBee

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2013, 02:41:48 pm »
Signed! Will be  a VERY sad day for many people if that places goes. It was part of my life at one stage.

Offline Dogmatix

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha TTR 250
  • None the Wiser
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2013, 03:15:17 pm »
That's the way the cookie crumbles... people move to CT and complain about the wind.....

I take part in the Sunday bike trackdays whenever I can afford it so am a regular user of Killarney. They have been sending guys home with very noisy pipes for a few months already to placate the complainers.

Signed for what it's worth.
"Don't believe every quote you read on the Internet." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Grrrr....

• Grey hound
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2013, 03:29:11 pm »
That's the way the cookie crumbles... people move to CT and complain about the wind.....

I take part in the Sunday bike trackdays whenever I can afford it so am a regular user of Killarney. They have been sending guys home with very noisy pipes for a few months already to placate the complainers.

There is a petition to ban the wind?!

What about the douche bags of Camps Bay? Can we petition them to @#$% off too....?

Offline Dogmatix

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha TTR 250
  • None the Wiser
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2013, 03:41:52 pm »

What about the douche bags of Camps Bay? Can we petition them to @#$% off too....?

Who's gonna buy your eggs then?
"Don't believe every quote you read on the Internet." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline I&horse

• You look like a
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • was Andy 950
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2013, 05:03:11 pm »
Now if we can just close down those mosquito sounding model air plane landing strip at Rietvlei all will be silent in Millerton!

That's the mosquitos from Flamingo vlei you're hearing bru  ;D
Silence is golden...... Duct tape is silver

Everything works with smoke, if the smoke escapes, it stops working.

Offline Grrrr....

• Grey hound
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2013, 05:05:12 pm »

Who's gonna buy your eggs then?

Are we banning the Chinese now too?

Offline whitedelight

• Grey hound
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2013, 05:19:10 pm »
I have spent many a day at Killarney and done countless laps around the circuit. Put one of my cars on it's roof there too.
There were complaints years ago,hence the barriers that were built to try and lessen the noise. Residents only really got close to the track in the nineties,but hello you do your homework before you buy.
It would be the same if I bitched the noise coming from Melkbos track,it is daytime noise so who gives a fuck.
 The only time Killarney gets noisy at night is the street drags and the oval racing.I think it is a poor show if this track is closed , I been going there for over thirty years. Not a member anymore but will definitely sign the petition.
Rather live one day like a lion than 100 days like a sheep

Offline westfrogger

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2013, 08:40:08 pm »

Flying club (CRF) due to shut down at the end of this year ...

Offline Grrrr....

• Grey hound
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2013, 08:43:24 pm »

*snip*

Eish....

Really? Why?

I was kidding by the way.... I like the sounds coming from Killarney and that little "airfield".  :(

Offline Jondu

• Race Dog
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2013, 08:50:17 pm »
Ek dink nie Kaapstad stadraad hou  :pot:van motor sport nie. Hulle het al vorrige versoeke ook afgeskied vir fondse vir GP. Nou is ons mos veronderstel om dit by die stembus reg te maak. Nou wat nou. :dousing:

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
  • Kraaifontein Plugspanner!
    • Music Ramblings by a serial hobbyist
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2013, 10:27:55 pm »

*snip*

Eish....

Really? Why?

I was kidding by the way.... I like the sounds coming from Killarney and that little "airfield".  :(

Same thing happened to the Tygerberg Model Airfield outside Durbanville.

They developed right next to it, people bought houses there and then started to complain.

These Romans are crazy...

02/02/12 - RIP Glen - the Arrow of Elliot and the little man with the big heart that truly was larger than life.

You have touched us and left us better for having known you - even if it was only briefly.

For grabbing the moment and living the day It's been way too early that you were taken away