Smoking 1190 and oil leaks...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plot

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Guys, I have problem... My 1190 still smokes when it starts. It did this white smoke when I got it, which turned into blue smoke. It does this when it is cold for the first minute or so, then stops. Is this normal? Do you guys get this? Thought it would go away after the 1000kilo service, but no... It has 1619 kilometres on it. I took it very easy running the engine in, now using a bit more revs it still does the smoke thing in the morning. The dealer said that all bikes smoke when you start it, and the blue smoke is fuel and not oil....? It smells like oil to me...

Further to this, there was a oil leak at the oil cooler AND that little pipe that runs down on the left of the engine with the bolt in it. They torqued the oil cooler and drained the pipe at the 1000 kilometer service, but this morning, 619 kilometers later, I see that half my engine oil is missing, and the sump guard is full of oil!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: It is going in on Tuesday, so let see what they say. What to do..?