Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: GPS on offroad bikes  (Read 448 times)

Offline bonova

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Get busy living or get busy dying
GPS on offroad bikes
« on: June 12, 2013, 08:28:09 am »
hey all....
I have an Garmin Etrex vista HCx GPS i'm wanting to mount to my KTM 250 for Man and machine and the Roof.
Not sure about the best way to mount it though. I have the touratech mount for it which i'll prob use, but not sure of the best way to actually place it. The break cable is a bit of an issue.
Please let me know (pics if possible) how you mount your GPS....
Thanks!
BMW F650 DAKAR ; BMW 650 X-Challenge ; YAMAHA 660 TENERE ; BMW 800 GS KTM 200EXC. Now - KTM 950 Adventure S, KTM 250 XC-W and BMW 450 Rally

if u are interested in something no matter what it is, go at it full speed ahead, luke warm is no good, hot is no good either, white hot and passionate is the only thing to be...

Offline Toors

Re: GPS on offroad bikes
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 08:48:11 am »
Rost Engineering (in centurion) makes by far the best brackets for off-road bikes (aliminium and extremely robust) see them here:

http://www.rost.co.za/new/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&layout=item&id=3&Itemid=123

http://www.rost.co.za/new/

O also ask the same question on e-dirt they will give you more info ;)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 08:51:51 am by Toors »
KTM 350 XCF-W
KTM 1050 Adv
Silent Submerge N-19 Saltwater
  "Those who say it can't be done, should get out of the way of those who is already doing it..."  Sheck Exley

Offline indiebos

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 06:46:26 pm »
Rost is the best :thumleft:

Offline bonova

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Get busy living or get busy dying
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 03:53:42 pm »
Thanks guys - Ended up modifying the Touratech mount, and routing the throttle cable though the mount - works very well - will get some pics
BMW F650 DAKAR ; BMW 650 X-Challenge ; YAMAHA 660 TENERE ; BMW 800 GS KTM 200EXC. Now - KTM 950 Adventure S, KTM 250 XC-W and BMW 450 Rally

if u are interested in something no matter what it is, go at it full speed ahead, luke warm is no good, hot is no good either, white hot and passionate is the only thing to be...