XTZ660 Tenere dissapointed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidetrack

Grumpy Mutt
Reaction score
Went to look at a Tenere today. It has always looked good in pics but when I saw it today I was a bit dissapointed. I know it's heavy standing next to it I can see why, it's huge ! Double silencer's, moerse bar ends and lots of other stuff just adding to the weight. The ground clearance also looked a bit dodgy and the forks resembles toothpicks. Next to it was a Dakar which I have ridden before, being around 8 years older in design I saw no real advanatge for the Yamaha sans slightly better looks. I cannot undertand how KTM can build such kick ass bikes like the 690 and the Japanese gives us these dare I say it "boring" bikes. Please Tenere owners I'm not dishing, just wish the superbike technology could rub off on the ds bikes as well. Yes 90% of us cannot even ride a 660 to it's full potential but when the going gets tough I'm pretty sure the 690 will make life alot easier than the 660. The search continues for a 650 class bike ....