..I can't take it anymore...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malJohann

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Singer (all models)
I wanted to wait until at least tomorrow, but I can't take it anymore. I've been so blessed the last 24 hours that I just have to share it with you guys. Friday two weeks ago my Suzuki Raider 150 broke down, as it turns out I sheared the gear selector shaft (don't ask, because I don't know how).

By Wednesday last week the repairs was done, plus some additional stuff that needed attending to, but the bike shop needed a clutch cover gasket which they haven't been able to source (as it's a very scarce grey import in South-Africa), so I have a bit of a problem. I'm still without the Raider to date.

So yesterday I made a decision to get a bike that is officially imported into SA, and thus serviceable at the dealers. It being my primary mode of transport I really needed something that's reliable, cheap and above all, serviceable. After some prayer time, a couple of phone calls and a late night all is sorted.

As of today I'm the proud owner of a blue Suzuki DR200SE! It's a 2nd-hand 2005 model with 5000 kills on the clock, some minor scratches on the head-light crash bar and a stuffed LH-side grip from the clutch lever poking into it from falling over at stand still. Best of all, it only cost a mere 14 gorillas!

So it's out with the Battle Scooter (which unfortunately has to be sold, as I need to pay off the DR quickly) and in with the DS for Midgets. Will post pics tomorrow morning when I've had it in my yard during daytime.