die Hel in 1989

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zacapa

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650L
As most of you will know 1989 was along time ago, yet we were ADV riding back then and enjoying all the roads on the bikes we had.
After my final year studies at UPE we were keen to hit the road and my friend John chirped up that he knew a really cool place to go - Die Hel.
Back in '89 John's legend had it that him, and his Folks had gone there a good few years before (probably in the '70's??) and seen many strange
characters that through a bit of inbreeding in the lonesome valley were a very peculiar species and unique lifeform in the valley known as - Die Hel.
Therefore according to Johno - if you ventured to die Hel you would be guaranteed to see some strange things you had not previously thought possible.

We slaved hard through the final 2 months of Architecture studies at UPE and I was not alone, I was lucky in having a few members of my crew
assisting me in every way possible. Back in the day it was common to delegate semi-menial chores and good stuff to your followers and so the
architectural thing was done. I had good friend fom Germany, Jörn - ably assisting me to the best of his powers. John and my sister Uta did other stuff
that would take the workload off me. And many thanks to Michelle too!
I worked once for 63 hours straight with a snooze of an hour in between and the ARCHITECTURE thing was done.
Thanks guys! Time then to go and ride.

My mate Jörn had an old R60 Beemer he had been riding for a year or so. I was on my R100 "special" with Johno on the back
- that was the agreement. Lets ride then..........

Attachments

• die Hel '89.jpg
    die Hel '89.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 796
  • die Hel '89_0001.jpg
    die Hel '89_0001.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 800
  • die Hel '89_0002.jpg
    die Hel '89_0002.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 795
  • die Hel '89_0003.jpg
    die Hel '89_0003.jpg