A Saturday frolic in the dunes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissM

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW G650 X-challenge
A small gathering for Friday afternoon drinks birthed the idea of heading to Atlantis on Saturday morning, so bright-eyed and bushy-tailed Monkeyboy, Kamanya, Fuzzy Muzzy, Troy, and myself met at the gates to Atlantis.

Okay granted it wasn't that early due to Monkeyboy and myself somehow getting lost on the way, but we did eventually make it.

The pack headed off into the dunes, and I bravely set off to conquer the infamous dunes of Atlantis. And what fun it was! If I could, I think I would be there every Saturday, and then the Quarry every Sunday!

After cutting my teeth in some basic sand, Kamanya tried to convince me to ascend my first dune, and said that he would lead the way. I decided that after watching the Sand-God himself come off before the top, that I would not be attempting that specific dune, however during the course of the morning I did do a couple; just not that high...

The first descent, and this I loved!

Albeit it took a few of them to remove the sound of Kamanya's voice reminding me not to use the front break, and the equally loud "STAND UP MISS M!"

Troy is a little sand-monster!

Fuzzy: proud father of said sand-monster.

Father and son.

Enter everyone drooling now, please.

More drooling.

Fuzzy witnessed this man coming off of his bike on the side of the dune. The silly fool had decided to go "play" without any armour, or even a helmet! His face met his front tyre, and it was not a pretty sight. Luckily he was fine, but it definitely reminded me as to why we kit up in armour in these areas.

4x4s struggling to do what bikes conquer oh so easily.

Boys will be, well, boys.

Then disaster struck. Troy has now learnt the invaluable lesson that you either have your clutch on or off in the dunes, and never stress it. Our little sand-monster unfortunately burnt his out, and he had to limp back to the gate. A round of applause to his fantastic towing skills with Kamanya, and a big well done to the men for pushing his bike out. As a girl, I just sat and watched. Oh, and took photos.

This now called for a drink, so off we headed to the Bush Pub!

Troy was still smiling.

A rare smile on camera from Monkeyboy!

Hard work towing bikes, and it definitely deserves 2 toasted sandwiches and chips to refuel!

The men decided that Troy needed to be taught another lesson, so they took turns in teaching him.

My introduction to Atlantis was a success, and I cannot wait for the next trip out there. I don't know why I was so scared?