Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Koekenaap to Verneukpan  (Read 5195 times)

Offline Bring It On

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Shaun
Re: Koekenaap to Verneukpan
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2013, 07:53:04 pm »
These Verneukpan RR's really are quite riverting :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
"Always Believe In Yourself"

Quote: "Riding a Bike feeds something inside us, that Nothing else can"
Quote: "I Ride because it can turn the Worst Day into the BEST"

Offline Mambat

• Bike: NER-A-CAR
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2013, 07:56:39 pm »
Hi Alducor,

"I took Mambat, Safaritruck (He at least needs pain meds from the ambulance) and rynet with to the farm house, where we were told that the ambulance would take a while, and Mambat was in dire straights."

I also sat in pain phoning a doctor at the kitchen table in Oom Giel's farmhouse just outside Verneukpan 2x weeks before. One of those gravel/sand humps caught me out big-time!  (Still nursing the pain through rehab physio and can't ride my bike - ek's nog lekker moedeloos daaroor jong... )

Hi Peeg,

I think everyone was talking about you and Bring It On, and where you fell. This should have been a warning sign. Verneukpan is not to be taken lightly. The nearest proper hospital is in Upington, and Kenhardt only has one ambulance, that services a small little clinic in a vast area, that can't even do anything about broken bones.

Good luck with the recovery. I know the pain, and time... I was there in december, and still recovering.
Be patient, and heal well, I'm not on my bike yet and its been 7 months (right hand fingers).

Right gents, all of you that got caught out near Verneukpan (and Alducor) let's sing - all together now: "...♪ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ I get knocked down but I get up again♪ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪..."

Singing loudly mate!

:ricky:
KTM 990S R.I.P
Z750
YZ250
GS1150 (Sold)
Broken & Resting...................zzzzzzz

Offline Mambat

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2013, 08:04:53 pm »
And what a great family you are .  :thumleft: :thumleft:

Absolutely!

Jondu you have sons you can be really really proud of :thumleft:
KTM 990S R.I.P
Z750
YZ250
GS1150 (Sold)

Offline Jondu

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2013, 08:26:08 pm »
I am proud of theme as well.
My wifeís influence ,perhaps.
Thnx man en beterskap met jou beserings. You made my weekend with your skills.

Offline Hinksding

• is beslaan met ligte hoefysters
  • Bike: Honda XR125L
  • Die aai van Loeriesbaai
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2013, 08:40:00 pm »
Aarde kyk hoe sit en geniet ek nou hierdie RR! Na aanleiding van my mooie vroutjie se opinie lei ek af dat die ouens dit geniet het!

Aldu, jou skryfstyl remind my aan iemand wat al baie lank op Stellenbosch bly.

Ek sou my linker klinker gee om so trip saam met my Pa te kon doen. Ek envy julle.
Eet vleis! 'n 1 000 000 jakkalse kan nie verkeerd wees nie.

Offline Alducor

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2013, 08:44:24 pm »
Aarde kyk hoe sit en geniet ek nou hierdie RR! Na aanleiding van my mooie vroutjie se opinie lei ek af dat die ouens dit geniet het!

Aldu, jou skryfstyl remind my aan iemand wat al baie lank op Stellenbosch bly.

Ek sou my linker klinker gee om so trip saam met my Pa te kon doen. Ek envy julle.

Ek is bly jy geniet die RR! Jy moet erens 'n bietjie plesier kry, want vader weet, jy het 'n woelige naweek gehad!
Daar kom nog...

Hou daai sjebeen van jou oop, ons kom drink miskien een of ander tyd op 'n agtermiddag ietsie daar...  ;)

Offline JC

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2013, 08:45:03 pm »
Nice RR Aldu. As daai hand weer werk moet ons gaan ry!

Offline Alducor

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2013, 08:49:49 pm »
Nice RR Aldu. As daai hand weer werk moet ons gaan ry!

Definitief! Dibs op 'n weskus ride! Geen dŰnerse teerpaaie nie, weg van die blik varke op die paaie... Hoe klink dit?
Bly te kenne, jy werk sommer op my agterstoep.

Offline WKC

• Scepticism is a must when hippoing
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2013, 09:13:54 pm »
Okay so I will be checking in with a few pics myself quite soon. Just need to go look at what is available and so on!!  :thumleft:

I'm sorry if I don't live up to the writing skills of my brother though!! :-[
It's not the destination that is of importance, it is the trip.

No road will ever be the same twice, so keep your eyes and both wheels on the road!!

Offline tgg

• Bike: Piaggio (all models)
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2013, 09:27:23 pm »
baie nice rr.

Julle anner weet seker nie dat hy op n 1200gs n alterkasie so tydjie terug met n trok gehad het by trawal nie.

:thumleft: :thumleft:

Good fruit come from good roots

Offline Mambat

« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2013, 09:36:34 pm »
Okay so I will be checking in with a few pics myself quite soon. Just need to go look at what is available and so on!!  :thumleft:

I'm sorry if I don't live up to the writing skills of my brother though!! :-[

Don't worry you more than make up for it with riding skills!
I don't know many 17yr olds that can handle a big heavy bike like you do  :thumleft:
KTM 990S R.I.P
Z750
YZ250
GS1150 (Sold)

Offline WKC

• Scepticism is a must when hippoing
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2013, 10:05:37 pm »
Okay, so being a newbie and all in this whole business, I didn't have a lekker idea of what I was letting myself into this weekend. I knew by the talk in the forum that there was gonna be drinking and such. This drinking is always good entertainment to the sober beings still around. As said by my brother I met oom Chris(Blikners). Him and my father talked about Grahamstad back in the day as they were both posted there in the military as I was trying to get shuteye due to a long day on the pan and I knew the snoring choir would soon rise again. The different snores had good resemblance with a few bikes. Some dog had the genes of a two-stroke in his snore because that was high pitched and loud!!!! :imaposer: Walterza(another of the ooms whom I like) had the growl of a GS in the distance. I could go on about the nice ooms with the pitbike snores and such, but I'll mozey on to the pics  :thumleft:

I'm very fond of riding with other people and what a shock I got when I rode to verneukpan from Brandvlei on Saturday with these two "ooms"  :peepwall:
Walterza

and Mambat

Now me and my father Jondu have a thing we call the "honderd reel". This pretty much says that whenever you're not  on a tar surface your speedo better not exceed 100km/h otherwise that big man won't let you hear the end of the dangers tha lie beyond a 100km/h  :peepwall:
When I saw Mambat I forgot about this reel due to the genes from the big man himself. Those genes that makes us act like jackrussels that won't let anything be faster than us. Him chasing away on his 990 should have made it easy to see that I would never be able to keep up with my 650, but nevertheless I tried for most of the way  :ricky: Just as a sidenote to Mambat - I hate to be a bit overeager on the matter, but with the way you ride you sort of became my biking roll model. What I would do to ride like that  :thumleft: :drif:

So the day went on and I kept on following in the example of Mambat. I was pushing myself and enjoyed finding new limits of my skills. I should just keep telling myself that cockiness brings groot bollie  :imaposer: I remember almost throwing up when I saw Mambat getting thrown off like he was. The shock of seeing it made my thoughts run around bewildered. Later the night I was sure that I would not be able to make the trip back home due to this. To me offroading is a mind game. If my mind is off, the little skills I have is out the window. But when the next day came I felt a bit better knowing I could take things rustig with no one to put fire under my bum.

Me, oom Walterza, oom Blikners, dad and Phil set off to get to the nearest road. We were sick and tired of gravel and needed to get home because we started to smell ourselves in the air :confused3: . So we took to the nearest tar road and the big guys rushed off at amazing speeds. And I formed a group with Katana and Rynet.

So at the panne I had my first encounter with Phillip. Most of the dogs call him Harry Potter. This is the guy on the new LC whom a few guys tried sweet talking into letting them on the bike. He later mentioned something about indemnity forms and such, which made a few of the ooms skrikkerig  :P

Here's Harry powersliding the LC(this very powerslide caused him a bit of trouble with the boss as he's led us to believe):

As mentioned on the way back I paired up with Rynet and Katana - two very nice people. They have hearts of gold for helping Mambat with arangements and his gear. They also bought a few brownie-points(to those who don't understand, it's a way of saying they made me like them more) when they stuck with me on the road at the meager speed of 120km/h. Naturally dad headed of at quite the speed. I wonder whether it's his way of getting back at me for leaving him in the dust off of the tar  >:D

Rynet, we lacked the numbers when it came to number of drags on the two KLR's, but we'll get another chance again one day! Thanks for your patients Rynet and Katana. It's too bad I had to abandon my baby at Niewoudtville due to the sprocket. But she's in sick bay at home and the new parts arrived today so tomorrow she'll once again feel the wind!!!

My photo's and report won't be as good as my big brother's, but I hope it adds to the story a bit.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 10:23:27 pm by WKC »
It's not the destination that is of importance, it is the trip.

No road will ever be the same twice, so keep your eyes and both wheels on the road!!

Offline Bring It On

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Shaun
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2013, 10:13:07 pm »
WKC....IMHO that really is a masterpiece that you wrote there :thumleft: :thumleft: Nice one Buddy Really Gr8 writing ;) :thumleft:
"Always Believe In Yourself"

Quote: "Riding a Bike feeds something inside us, that Nothing else can"
Quote: "I Ride because it can turn the Worst Day into the BEST"

Offline Alducor

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2013, 10:19:53 pm »
baie nice rr.

Julle anner weet seker nie dat hy op n 1200gs n alterkasie so tydjie terug met n trok gehad het by trawal nie.

:thumleft: :thumleft:

Good fruit come from good roots

:imaposer: mooi gestel!

Offline Jondu

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2013, 09:11:51 am »
 :thumleft: wielle. Waar is jou fotos

Offline spoedvark

• Forum Whore
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2013, 02:01:46 pm »
Going to look forward to future RR's by these two boets. well written guys!!!!
Go Big!
or
Go Home!!!!
Previous bikes:
Yamaha XS 400 Special Kawasaki ZX 10 Yamaha XT 550 BMW 650 GS BMW 1200 GS KEEP THE RUBBER DUSTY!!!!

Offline Alducor

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2013, 02:25:29 pm »
Going to look forward to future RR's by these two boets. well written guys!!!!

The eldest brother Joncor still has an RR to do of him and Jondu taking on 'die hell' and Baviaans with the KLRs...

Start a fire under his arse so he can get to it...

Offline blinkes

• Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • IN VINO VERITAS
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2013, 02:57:30 pm »

Blinkes & ...Ball&chain? @ blinkes, we forgot the boots... :bueller:

Aldo jy het genoeg siekes gehad om rond te ry my maat, die boots kan op 'n ander dag Kaap toe gaan.  :thumleft: :thumleft:
Sent from my Nokia 1610 using the key pad.

Offline woody1

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • XT1200ZE "Vinnige" Witte
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2013, 03:37:46 pm »
Lekker om te sien hoe lekker pa en seuns saam ry.... ek geniet dit net so met die kinders.  :thumleft:

I WOULD RATHER BE AN HONEST ASSHOLE .... THAN A FLIPPEN LIAR !   

Ducati 100cc Mountaineer, Honda 550 K3, Suzuki Gs1000E, Suzuki Gs1000G, Suzuki 1100 Katana, BMW R1100RT, BMW R1150RT,,,,,All gone. Only 2014 ST in the garage at the moment... And Honda XL 600

Offline BliknÍrs

• Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • I never finish anyth
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2013, 07:42:22 pm »
Lekker gelees en herleef ouens!
Groetnis.