Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Sidetracks not so boring life with a TE610 ->  (Read 10723 times)

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC

[/quote]

Not entirely clear but is this link saying a Cagiva impellar will work - looks like it has larger fins - a good thing I guess but does it clear? I am guessing so?
[/quote]No it's just got the Cagiva brand name on it, mine has it too. No aftermarket avaliable as far as I know.
[/quote]

OK - what does Prim want to hit you for a new one?
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline dirtWarp

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • I crash like a champ!
Wag net so 'n bietjie, die 54hp was wel op die krukas, maar toe power-up ons die bike, wat 'n GROOT verskil maak, sekerlik ten minste die 20% waarvan jy praat. So dan is ons weer op 54Hp op die agterwiel, maar dis net spekulasie. Het enige iemand al die 610 met P/U op 'n dyno gehad (met 'n gladde band, nie 'n knobbly nie, miskien 'n SM)
Forgive me for the side discussion here Jacques
54hp is 5hp meer as wat 'n 530ktm maak. HK het nou die dag nog beide die 610 en 530 gehad. Hy se self die 610 is heelwat papper as die 530. Soos in 'n ander liga wat krag aanbetref.

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
Oh for noting there are high spec/volume impellers available that allow the bike to run cooler. Available from Halls if I recall.

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/installation-of-oversize-water-pump-2009-txc-450.25153/#post-241437
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • T7 dreamin’ ....

Not entirely clear but is this link saying a Cagiva impellar will work - looks like it has larger fins - a good thing I guess but does it clear? I am guessing so?
[/quote]No it's just got the Cagiva brand name on it, mine has it too. No aftermarket avaliable as far as I know.
[/quote]

[/quote]R341
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Help make the TSAT a reality
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=241580.msg4325284#msg4325284

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog

No it's just got the Cagiva brand name on it, mine has it too. No aftermarket avaliable as far as I know.
[/quote]

[/quote]R341

If getting stuff from Halls maybe worth seeing what they want for their high flow impeller?

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
    • www.extinction.co.za
Hell only saw this now!

FWIW if you didnt notice the water boiling (which is difficult to miss due to it spraying out the cap etc), then I dont think you have an issue.

If the water didnt boil then it didnt get that hot.

TK's fan burnt out after a wire got caught in it, he only noticed a few rides later in Dewildt that his fan wasnt working, and we had been on quite a few techical rides before that.  

I think these engines are quite resistant to overheating.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 10:44:38 am by alanB »
Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.

Offline dirtWarp

• I crash like a champ!
Hell only saw this now!

FWIW if you didnt notice the water boiling (which is difficult to miss due to it spraying out the cap etc), then I dont think you have an issue.

TK's fan burnt out after a wire got caught in it, he only noticed a few rides later in Dewildt that his fan wasnt working, and we had been on quite a few techical rides before that.  

I think you are missing the point here.
The water in the radiator will be ambient, while the water in the motor is at boiling point.
The continuous flow of air over the same "volume" of water in the radiators will see to that.

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
    • www.extinction.co.za
Hell only saw this now!

I think you are missing the point here.
The water in the radiator will be ambient, while the water in the motor is at boiling point.
The continuous flow of air over the same "volume" of water in the radiators will see to that.

Ja but the pressure in the system will rise regardless of where the water boils, so it should spray out when it exceeds the radaitor cap spring rating.
Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.

Offline dirtWarp

• I crash like a champ!

Ja but the pressure in the system will rise regardless of where the water boils, so it should spray out when it exceeds the radaitor cap spring rating.

Hmm you have a point there.
 ;D

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • T7 dreamin’ ....
The Husky will rise from my garage like a Phoenix, a silly impeller won't get in the way. Wrenching tonight can't wait  :3some:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 02:30:20 pm by sidetrack »
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • T7 dreamin’ ....

Klink of jy die 610 met die 510 verwar. Die 610 is n average performance bike. Daai 54hp is op die crank gemeet: trek 20% af.

Biggest thing in the 610's favour is the fact that there are almost no alternatives to them..especially at their price!
Oh and that awesome 6th gear.

Wag net so 'n bietjie, die 54hp was wel op die krukas, maar toe power-up ons die bike, wat 'n GROOT verskil maak, sekerlik ten minste die 20% waarvan jy praat. So dan is ons weer op 54Hp op die agterwiel, maar dis net spekulasie. Het enige iemand al die 610 met P/U op 'n dyno gehad (met 'n gladde band, nie 'n knobbly nie, miskien 'n SM)

There are alternatives, for one the X-Challenge. but having said that I won't easily swop my 610 for another adv bike, it spins its wheel everywhere I go on dirt and goes fast enough on tar to overtake safely.
at the end of the day everything is an trade-off, the 610 hits the balance for me.
Hier is n 610 met Leo Vince op see vlak op agter wiel. Check the extra torque the pipe gives !
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 01:18:20 pm by sidetrack »
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline HK

Re: Sidetracks not so boring life with a ...... the mods continue -> WATERPUMP !
« Reply #171 on: November 14, 2013, 01:39:50 pm »
Leen my so lank jou Leo vince pyp
Husqvarna 610 TE
Yamaha YZ 450F

Offline dirtWarp

• I crash like a champ!
The Husky will rise from my garage like a Phoenix, a silly impeller won't get in the way. Wrenching tonight can't wait  :3some:
hehe good one
 O0

Offline HK

The Husky will rise from my garage like a Phoenix, a silly impeller won't get in the way. Wrenching tonight can't wait  :3some:

I must say Sidetrack's bike pulls really strong , I believe its better to know every inch of your bike , so what better way of learning it than to spend some wrench time on it   :3some:s

Nee regtig Sidetrack jy het n great fiets  , ons gaan nog great rides doen met die husky's   :thumleft:
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 09:27:02 pm by HK »
Husqvarna 610 TE
Yamaha YZ 450F

Offline Straatkat

Re: Sidetracks not so boring life with a TE610 ..the mods continue -> WATERPUMP !
« Reply #174 on: November 15, 2013, 11:52:30 am »
Sidetrack, dankie vir die dyno resultate, sien hoe lieg die vervaardigers, amper soveel soos 'n Yamaha R6 speedo! :o
Bly jou Husky is weer aan die herstel, alles wat jy regmaak sal nie weer breek nie.
Eks in vir daai ride waarvan julle so spog!
18 till I die.
If hard work pays, show me rich donkey.

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • T7 dreamin’ ....
Re: Sidetracks not so boring life with a TE610 ..the mods continue -> WATERPUMP !
« Reply #175 on: December 08, 2013, 07:34:14 pm »
Sidetrack, dankie vir die dyno resultate, sien hoe lieg die vervaardigers, amper soveel soos 'n Yamaha R6 speedo! :o
Bly jou Husky is weer aan die herstel, alles wat jy regmaak sal nie weer breek nie.
Eks in vir daai ride waarvan julle so spog!
I have double checked everyhting - loctite on the impeller nut, torqued and loctite on the camshaft sprocket bolts. Bike is sitting at TDC just waiting for new bushes, gonna be fun to ride again  :ricky: Was a learning curve for me doing the cam chain on my own and I made some mistakes first time round, should have changed more parts when I did the camchain just to be sure. I would say anyone installing a new chain should replace the following as well :

- Cam chain guides
- Check impeller
- New waterpump gasket
- Rocker bushes
- Might as well change the cam bearings while you are at it
- Most read valves gets damaged by a stretched chain, not sure if the valve needs replacing as well ?
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • T7 dreamin’ ....
Re: Sidetracks not so boring life with a TE610 - Parts arrived
« Reply #176 on: December 22, 2013, 11:47:14 am »
Pressed the new bushes into the rockers using the vice. Bit fiddly, you can buy the complete unit rockers and bushes for about R1500-00. Bushes only is about R200-00 for four.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 12:59:10 pm by sidetrack »
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline HK

Re: Sidetracks not so boring life with a TE610 - Parts arrived in time for Xmas
« Reply #177 on: December 22, 2013, 01:58:15 pm »
Great man so nou kan jy weer gaan explore !!

Jy raak nou n Husky expert !
Husqvarna 610 TE
Yamaha YZ 450F

Offline HK

Sidetracks not so boring life with a TE610 - Parts arrived in time for Xmas
« Reply #178 on: December 22, 2013, 01:58:16 pm »
Is hy darem nou bietjie stiller ?
Husqvarna 610 TE
Yamaha YZ 450F

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • T7 dreamin’ ....
Re: Sidetracks not so boring life with a TE610 - Parts arrived in time for Xmas
« Reply #179 on: December 22, 2013, 02:26:30 pm »
Een aand het ek hom gestart en hy was so stil soos XRL125, so minuut daarna toe begin hy weer tik. Weet nie hoe ek dit reggekry het nie ! Hy is verseker beter en ek vertrou alles is nou reg. Hulle is nogal gevoelig vir valve clearance ook. Ek het myne op 0.05mm. Blazes hardloop 0.04mm op syne so dalk nog iets om te probeer vir later.
J.R.R Tolkien