Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Problems with the new LC  (Read 120825 times)

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
Re: Problems with the new LC
« Reply #120 on: August 17, 2013, 04:01:04 pm »
what I don't understand, is, why are there these classifications, what's their purpose, if the manufacturers insist that a specific brand has to be used  ???

sounds like a money making rip-off

Offline Bring It On

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Shaun
« Reply #121 on: August 17, 2013, 04:28:26 pm »
Wonder of daai olie ooit in SA beskikbaar is...

Dit is, ek het gecheck toe hulle my bike haar eerste diens gegee het

Dit is ja .... maar kos R1000 vir 4 liter.  not for the faint hearted  :thumleft:

SHIT :o :o How the hell is this justified??? :patch: :patch:
"Always Believe In Yourself"

Quote: "Riding a Bike feeds something inside us, that Nothing else can"
Quote: "I Ride because it can turn the Worst Day into the BEST"

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #122 on: August 17, 2013, 04:48:12 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q0LaiARPC4w" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Q0LaiARPC4w</a>

Offline Bring It On

• Forum Whore
  • Shaun
« Reply #123 on: August 17, 2013, 05:16:58 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q0LaiARPC4w" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Q0LaiARPC4w</a>

:spitcoffee: Bwahahahahahahaha :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

Excellent!!! :lol8: :lol8:

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
« Reply #124 on: August 17, 2013, 05:21:06 pm »
I have read enough......BM can keep the new LC or sell it to their loyal 'sheep'.....i liked the 'old model' but no thanks bm, go screw someone else.

Offline Bring It On

• Forum Whore
  • Shaun
« Reply #125 on: August 17, 2013, 05:33:08 pm »
I have read enough......BM can keep the new LC or sell it to their loyal 'sheep'.....i liked the 'old model' but no thanks bm, go screw someone else.

To be really honest......I find myself agreeing with you on that point. ;) :thumleft: Frikking Crazy to pay so much for oil. :dousing:

Offline Moondog

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
  • AKA : Tony
« Reply #126 on: August 17, 2013, 09:51:16 pm »
I must say, my minds pretty made up as to what my next bike will be - and it ain't the LC.
Life is tough - get a helmet!

Offline Bring It On

• Forum Whore
  • Shaun
« Reply #127 on: August 17, 2013, 11:51:42 pm »
I must say, my minds pretty made up as to what my next bike will be - and it ain't the LC.

I think deep down inside....a lot of people feel this way about the new LC BMW >:( >:(

Offline pieman

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #128 on: August 18, 2013, 08:57:28 am »

Ek stem 100% saam. BMW het bietjie die plot verloor.

Offline fredda

« Reply #129 on: August 18, 2013, 05:13:53 pm »
I have not owned or ridden a BMW bike before, but even with all the problems mentioned, (which I am sure will be corrected), I am very excited about the new GS LC.
I am strongly considering to get one in 2014 after the updates.

Now I know I am opening up a can of worms here, but some of the reasons I am excited about, which I believe are better than the previous model include: :pot:

1. It water cooled with a fan, which means the temp can be controlled better in stand still traffic or slow technical riding.
2. It uses a wet clutch, which is also better for technical riding.
3. The wet clutch is so much easier to access, no need to split the engine and gearbox.
4. Because the new integrated engine is more compact, it allows the swingarm to be 50mm longer which improves handling dynamics.
5. The air intake shrouds have been moved upwards, allowing safer water crossings.
6. From the reviews I have read, it doesn't seem to use any oil during the break in period.

Then there is all the electronic advancements, which moves this bike well ahead of the previous models.
Current bike: 2011 BMW R1200R

Offline GSing

• Direct Your Adventure
« Reply #130 on: August 18, 2013, 07:08:17 pm »
Tomorrow I would be waiting for 3 weeks for the replacement clutch reservoir ................ and the best is that BMW can't say when the part will be in the country...........

I have been up to now been calm about the issues with my LC, but this is really getting frustrating.

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #131 on: August 18, 2013, 07:14:33 pm »
I have not owned or ridden a BMW bike before, but even with all the problems mentioned, (which I am sure will be corrected), I am very excited about the new GS LC.
I am strongly considering to get one in 2014 after the updates.

Now I know I am opening up a can of worms here, but some of the reasons I am excited about, which I believe are better than the previous model include: :pot:

1. It water cooled with a fan, which means the temp can be controlled better in stand still traffic or slow technical riding.
2. It uses a wet clutch, which is also better for technical riding.
3. The wet clutch is so much easier to access, no need to split the engine and gearbox.
4. Because the new integrated engine is more compact, it allows the swingarm to be 50mm longer which improves handling dynamics.
5. The air intake shrouds have been moved upwards, allowing safer water crossings.
6. From the reviews I have read, it doesn't seem to use any oil during the break in period.

Then there is all the electronic advancements, which moves this bike well ahead of the previous models.

do some googling on your points 2, 4 and 6 and filter by using words such as grabbing, slapper and liquid gold....  ;) ;D

Offline dips

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #132 on: August 18, 2013, 08:57:13 pm »
Guys my story is  if you have the bucs to by a LC and it makes you tick go for it 
i love my GS adv and wil wait and see in 2014 what the new one looks like and this year will teach us alot about the new developements
personaly i dont think bmw will put reputation at stake  . look not all the parts are made in germany . so yes some of the manufacturers of some of the parts maybe faulty or sub standard   who knows  .
My final say is if you dont have a lc shut up and whatch the lc owners ride or repair
Ride her like you ride her or the other way round aaargh does it matter

Offline Bring It On

• Forum Whore
  • Shaun
« Reply #133 on: August 18, 2013, 09:20:24 pm »
Guys my story is  if you have the bucs to by a LC and it makes you tick go for it 
i love my GS adv and wil wait and see in 2014 what the new one looks like and this year will teach us alot about the new developements
personaly i dont think bmw will put reputation at stake  . look not all the parts are made in germany . so yes some of the manufacturers of some of the parts maybe faulty or sub standard   who knows  .
My final say is if you dont have a lc shut up and whatch the lc owners ride or repair

You make a valid point by telling all of us to "Shut Up". :thumleft: I just cannot help myself from really feeling for the guys that do own these bikes & are sort of forced to "ride out this TERRIBLE Wave"

Not a nice experience @ all. :patch:

Offline BennNevis

« Reply #134 on: August 18, 2013, 09:42:28 pm »
B I O
Not sure its a terrible wave and being forced to ride it out. New models always have niggles, i have had my fair share of these. Each and every issue that I have had got sorted with maximum effort not only from BMW but also the dealer.
WRT to the top up oil, done about 5K on the current bike including very fast haul up to Sutherland with No oil used, better than I could say from all my previous dohc and pre dohc bikes I have owned.
And one more, important thing..... Not once have I been able to induce a pink!!!!!
Rode the bike again today and I can honestly say that the way the bike performs now it is just so much better in all respects than the model it replaced. From sheer performance to stability on both gravel and tar roads.
Would i take my money back if offered and buy a dohc model? Not a chance.

Ktm I believe have a winner in the new 1190, and quietly, I would buy one was it not for the only one dealer in CT
Once experience really arrogant sales staff... Have never been back...

Offline Bring It On

• Forum Whore
  • Shaun
« Reply #135 on: August 18, 2013, 09:53:41 pm »
@ "BennNevis"

It sure is nice to hear that you have, through this "Trying Time"...been treated well :thumleft: :thumleft: Also nice to hear that you are still enjoying your bike & have not yet lost your faith in the bike, the service & the brand. I just hope that things will continue to get better as time goes by & that you keep moving forward. ;) :thumleft:

Offline Goose

• NAPIER Country life is great!
  • Shop Mods
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #136 on: August 18, 2013, 11:29:30 pm »

You make a valid point by telling all of us to "Shut Up". :thumleft: I just cannot help myself from really feeling for the guys that do own these bikes & are sort of forced to "ride out this TERRIBLE Wave"

AND THAT my friend is the attitude that BMW love and allows them to constantly ignore the real issues with their product ..... as well as pretend that all their loyal brand supporters are all idiots  :-[
"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ()

Offline HermanH

• Bike: Italjet (all models)
« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2013, 07:14:30 am »

I ride an LC.... I love the LC!!

Most of the people bitching and moaning about the bike don't even own one??? WTF???

Offline Obi -Wan

• Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2013, 07:17:01 am »
So let me understand this :

1) Because I have an oilhead it overheats in slow traffic - I'll be sure to keep checking this....
2) The wet clutch is easy to access - Maybe it needs to be based on the reports coming out- I know of an 1150 GS on 260,000 km on the old dry clutch and numerous others with over 130,000 km on. I think if I get over 100,000 lm on my dry clutch a little bit of work to change it is in order.
3) Handling dynamics - Where did you read this ? Please explain the dynamics part to us poor uninformed individuals - Sounds like BMW Marketing Dept.
4) Air Intake Shrouds ?  - Surely you are actually referring to the Air Intake - I don't care what you ride or drive, if you treat water crossings without respect they will bite you, irrespective of the height of the air intake.
5) No oil used during break in - Well - Hallelluja- Far more important not to use oil at 100,000 km than at 300 km.

When I read some of this stuff I realise that our schooling system has gone to pot.      

Real Men ride a Pig !

Offline fredda

« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2013, 07:38:38 am »
Obi-Wan, I maybe the schooling system has gone to pot, because reading with comprehension seems to be a problem.

I did not say the oil head over heats. I said the temp can be better controlled with the water head. There is a huge difference between these two statements.

Don't get so upset, I am not saying the older models are bad. In fact I really like them.

I am just saying that the new model excites me from an advancement from a engineering point of view.

That is my opinion, and you are allowed to differ.

Heck, if I was so in love with my own opinion I would have kept it to myself. But I am not, that is why I shared it on a public forum to get others view on it.

Keep well! :thumleft:
Current bike: 2011 BMW R1200R