Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Problems with the new LC  (Read 120875 times)

Offline Goose

• NAPIER Country life is great!
  • Shop Mods
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
Re: Problems with the new LC
« Reply #160 on: August 20, 2013, 09:42:23 am »

Bliksem - that's when Germany still made the real boxer engines...!

When we did the Dyno testing in 2009/10, I seem to remember that only Heimer's bike (I think it was his) produced over 105hp (perhaps 108) - all the other bikes were seriaasly stuffed with ranges between 87 & 96hp - I even remember Jacko's HP2 only pumped out something like 78hp (he freaked) but it turned out to be a TPS issue  :biggrin:

Wait, whut? When was this? and what was the subsequent reading? I need answers!

Bwahaha - I have da readouts here somewhere...   

here you go - but I'm hijacking my own thread - so will delete them after tomorrow!!   :imaposer:

must be the slowest HP2 ever...........  76HP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :imaposer: :imaposer:

« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 09:49:48 am by Goose »
"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ()

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
« Reply #161 on: August 20, 2013, 10:07:27 am »
I have read about a road service company (plan B) in SA that just bought 225 Triumph Explorers.I think Holeshot is smiling as well as KMSA/Triumph! Now this is quite supprising as even the Metro was always just going with BMW.

My point: Have the done their homework and heard all about the 'LC challenges' or did they simply just get a better deal from Triumph? I think BMW has released the new model a little bit too soon as to compete with KTM's new model release. They are paying the price though, more and more 'potential customers' are turning their backs. I have spent 12500km in my Explorers seat and the only complaint was 'top heavy' feeling in slow technical riding and 'kak in sand' but that is probably not the bike but my 'lack in talent'.
BTW: 130 bhp from the old oil/air head? Yeh right!  :imaposer:

The LC was released way too soon and now owners are sitting with this issues, BM will sort it.....probably next year and they only way to get rid of the old 'shitty edition' will be to trade it at BMW on another BM

Offline m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
  • Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
« Reply #162 on: August 30, 2013, 01:27:00 pm »
Sjoe, a lot of bashing from people who have not had actual issues or even a test drive.
I think a lot of simmilar threads can be found on the 1150 vs early 1200 when that was released. People are afraid of new stuff until the new stuff has become the norm. Like the wet clutch or liquid cooling in this case.

So has a thread been made where actual owners can vote whether they are happy with their LC purchase or not? It seems like Gsing the only unhappy one so far (rightly so).
Dooie visse gaan saam met die stroom...

Offline BikerJan

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #163 on: August 30, 2013, 04:15:00 pm »
I think you should start a thread m0lt3n. I have given up on Wilddogs for just this reason and moved on to another forum. This whole thread has actually very information from people with experience with the new LC.

I would really have liked a thread where the opinions aired were not based on brand bashing and trolling. 

Online AntVan

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • I am the Zipslayer! Hear me zzzzzzzzp!
« Reply #164 on: August 30, 2013, 05:23:45 pm »
I think you should start a thread m0lt3n. I have given up on Wilddogs for just this reason and moved on to another forum. This whole thread has actually very information from people with experience with the new LC.

I would really have liked a thread where the opinions aired were not based on brand bashing and trolling. 

Quitter! ;)
I don't always drop my bike, but when I do, I prefer to drop her in front of a crowd

Offline GSing

• Direct Your Adventure
« Reply #165 on: August 30, 2013, 08:12:03 pm »
Well .... I'm going now for 6 weeks on Monday!!!! FFS!!! Still no parts to replace my clutch reservoir. Guys I'm loving this bike, but the backup is just a joke currently. I'm taking my problems to another dealer next week because the current guys are not coming to the party and been promised on a weekly base now that wait for this .........."Let see what we can do for you"

Online AntVan

« Reply #166 on: August 30, 2013, 08:44:36 pm »
Pauli, there is an issue with part distro in Germany. They installed a new system and it caused groot booboo. I'm sorry you've gotten The One.
I don't always drop my bike, but when I do, I prefer to drop her in front of a crowd

Offline BikerJan

« Reply #167 on: August 31, 2013, 05:13:05 am »
Well .... I'm going now for 6 weeks on Monday!!!! FFS!!! Still no parts to replace my clutch reservoir. Guys I'm loving this bike, but the backup is just a joke currently. I'm taking my problems to another dealer next week because the current guys are not coming to the party and been promised on a weekly base now that wait for this .........."Let see what we can do for you"

This is unacceptable! I hope you get sorted Pauli. Maybe elevate your problem to BMW SA

Offline J-dog

• Bike: Boss Hoss (all models)
« Reply #168 on: August 31, 2013, 08:35:27 am »

Geez you okes are sensitive. This thread is a general discussion about real and perceived problems about the LC. And I think it has been informative. I've seen no brand bashing at all. Being critical or interested isn't brand bashing  :deal:

I have ridden both the LC and the 1190, and owned both a GSA and 990. I can tell you they are all excellent (but different) bikes.

If I was in the market for an LC, I would want to read the full discussion from owners, non-owners, bike experts like LeCap, test results, hearsay, and so on.  :3some:

And to leave WD because you got offended by a critical look at the LC, well..... I have no words.

Offline lecap

« Reply #169 on: August 31, 2013, 09:47:28 am »
Please leave me out of this!

I don't want to buy a R1200GSLC and don't really feel like test riding one either I am not a tire kicker. I don't test ride a bike unless I either want to buy it or it's a customers bike and I want to check if everything's ok.

If  you've got any specific questions about how things work on your BMW please find me on the Suzuki DR & DRZ board. If you post something I don't like over there I'll delete it! :lol8:

I like Biker Jan's way of thinking: An astronomer have to own or at least visited a couple of stars and planets to be qualified? :evil6:
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." (Red Adair)

Offline G Steyn

• Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
Re: Re: Problems with the new LC
« Reply #170 on: August 31, 2013, 12:34:50 pm »
I've ridden the LC a while back, overall impression was incredibly positive.  Negative comment that I have is the flimsy screen irritated me.

I really liked the bike.
True LOVE is when you love someone nearly as much as your bike !!!!

Offline T Rex

« Reply #171 on: August 31, 2013, 04:14:39 pm »

Geez you okes are sensitive. This thread is a general discussion about real and perceived problems about the LC. And I think it has been informative. I've seen no brand bashing at all. Being critical or interested isn't brand bashing  :deal:

I have ridden both the LC and the 1190, and owned both a GSA and 990. I can tell you they are all excellent (but different) bikes.

If I was in the market for an LC, I would want to read the full discussion from owners, non-owners, bike experts like LeCap, test results, hearsay, and so on.  :3some:

And to leave WD because you got offended by a critical look at the LC, well..... I have no words.

Good point ...... What is the purpose of criticism ........ Especially if you spend R170k on a bike??

Offline buzzlightyear

• I'm Buzz Lightyear. I come in peace.
  • Forum Whore
  • To infinity and beyond
« Reply #172 on: August 31, 2013, 08:12:45 pm »
Pauli, there is an issue with part distro in Germany. They installed a new system and it caused groot booboo. I'm sorry you've gotten The One.

'stru, http://mg.co.za/article/2013-08-28-bmw-owners-vent-anger-at-months-long-wait-for-spare-parts

Maybe a sign of the bean counters trying too JIT parts availability and getting a formula a bit wrong in the system...
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Offline COLES

« Reply #173 on: September 01, 2013, 07:38:02 am »

I collected a new Lc 1200 {986km} from our local BMW dealer yesterday and spent a good few hours ridding the bike in blustering wind {P E } I did approximately 40 km on tar and found the bike to be great even in the windy conditions
I did notice the bike to be a little heavy on gas but then the motor is still very tight

on gravel the bike is a blast   the bike was ridden in RAIN mode TAR and Gravel       after a few KM on the gravel I  changed to Enduro  what a great ride   Radiators worry me a bit as our group spend most of our time on gravel roads but what the heck there is a two year warranty so what if there are a few snags

only thing now is to trade my 2012 Triple black 9845KM on a brand new GS 1200 LC

China,s this is the BIKE OF THE YEAR

Offline BikerJan

« Reply #174 on: September 01, 2013, 12:00:47 pm »
Please leave me out of this!

I don't want to buy a R1200GSLC and don't really feel like test riding one either I am not a tire kicker. I don't test ride a bike unless I either want to buy it or it's a customers bike and I want to check if everything's ok.

If  you've got any specific questions about how things work on your BMW please find me on the Suzuki DR & DRZ board. If you post something I don't like over there I'll delete it! :lol8:

I like Biker Jan's way of thinking: An astronomer have to own or at least visited a couple of stars and planets to be qualified? :evil6:

No Lecap, you have it all wrong. Your way of thinking is arguaing with an intergalagtic traveller about conditions on far away stars, without you having left your house!

Offline pieman

« Reply #175 on: September 01, 2013, 07:57:01 pm »

Dink die is 'n kak storie. My (gewone) GS het verlede jaar die tyd sy ESA shock verloor. Rk's dieselfde storie gespin oor die "nuwe stelsel en dit maak probleme by uitvoer/invoer". Pauli, dit nie dalk die dealership daar naby jou nie?

Online AntVan

« Reply #176 on: September 01, 2013, 09:20:44 pm »
Jy dink verkeerd, lees bietjie die besigheidsblaaie. ;)

Hier is 'n voorbeeld:

http://enterpriselabeling.com/will-bmws-supply-chain-breakdown-damage-its-brand/

Maar: ek stem saam dat die spesifieke tak dalk OOK deel van die probleem is.

Offline Goose

• NAPIER Country life is great!
  • Shop Mods
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #177 on: September 04, 2013, 10:20:52 pm »

I agree 100% - I started the thread so that the information or perceived issues with the LC's can be highlighted and discussed......... Brand-bashing FFS.......... how the hell can I brand bash the BMW if I own one myself......... it's a goddamn bike ffs...... a piece of metal and plastic... a tool........ why are people so sensitive over the issues....?

........... next we're going to argue about who wears which underpants.......... Calvin Klein, Jockey   :imaposer:
"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ()

Offline Captain Zef

• The Ultimate
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Oudtshoorn / Mosselbaai
« Reply #178 on: September 05, 2013, 01:56:39 pm »
This is worse than 7 de Laan
Honda NC750X DCT

Offline Brodes

• Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • Don't ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly
« Reply #179 on: September 12, 2013, 08:19:27 pm »

Posted on the WD forum!
Hinc Orior
R1200R
R1200GS
DR650SE, DRZ400E, 300XC-W, CR230F, Montesa Cota 315 R