Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Problems with the new LC  (Read 120773 times)

Offline Bring It On

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Shaun
Re: Problems with the new LC
« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2013, 06:06:24 pm »
This sure does not sound too good. :( :(
"Always Believe In Yourself"

Quote: "Riding a Bike feeds something inside us, that Nothing else can"
Quote: "I Ride because it can turn the Worst Day into the BEST"

Offline Slovac

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2013, 09:53:25 am »
Gear engagement from neutral is met with harsh engagement and finding neutral is tricky at best of times. 

The gear engagement from neutral is more or less the same on my LC as it was on my GSA... but finding neutral is not the easiest of tasks.  I am hoping it will get better as I put more km on.

Offline Goose

• NAPIER Country life is great!
  • Shop Mods
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2013, 10:37:10 am »
Gear engagement from neutral is met with harsh engagement and finding neutral is tricky at best of times. 

The gear engagement from neutral is more or less the same on my LC as it was on my GSA... but finding neutral is not the easiest of tasks.  I am hoping it will get better as I put more km on.

Just one bit of advice........ ensure that all the problems are logged with BMW against your VIN number - it needs to go on records mate - otherwise you might find that in 6 months time - the problem is still there and you're left in the lurch as it was not logged.
"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ()

Offline lecap

« Reply #83 on: August 05, 2013, 09:47:18 am »
Bikes became quite floaty on the Autobahn when exceeding 200km/h with top boxes extended and carrying two weeks luggage in the extended panniers...

Are you serious ???
Are you suicidal ???

I do not expect a loaded bike to run stable at 200+ Maybe that's how I managed to do 250,000km or so on bikes without a serious accident?
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." (Red Adair)

Offline BennNevis

« Reply #84 on: August 05, 2013, 12:44:50 pm »
Bikes became quite floaty on the Autobahn when exceeding 200km/h with top boxes extended and carrying two weeks luggage in the extended panniers...

Are you serious ??? YES
Are you suicidal ???  NO

I do not expect a loaded bike to run stable at 200+ Maybe that's how I managed to do 250,000km or so on bikes without a serious accident? GOOD FOR YOU

Offline Bring It On

• Forum Whore
  • Shaun
« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2013, 12:56:46 pm »

Are you serious ??? YES
Are you suicidal ???  NO

I do not expect a loaded bike to run stable at 200+ Maybe that's how I managed to do 250,000km or so on bikes without a serious accident? GOOD FOR YOU

oooooo.....touchie/sensitive point perhaps?? :pot: :pot: :peepwall:
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 02:14:06 pm by Bring It On »

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2013, 05:34:11 pm »

Are you serious ??? YES
Are you suicidal ???  NO

Haven't read the whole thread, but BMW luggage, and most other brands, have decals attached warning the rider not to exceed 130km/h.  So, anything that happens after that is no fault of the bike.
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!

Offline Bring It On

• Forum Whore
  • Shaun
« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2013, 06:28:34 pm »

Are you serious ??? YES
Are you suicidal ???  NO

Haven't read the whole thread, but BMW luggage, and most other brands, have decals attached warning the rider not to exceed 130km/h.  So, anything that happens after that is no fault of the bike.

Quite correct... ;) Does indeed make perfect sense ;) :thumleft: :thumleft:

Offline Slovac

« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2013, 06:51:46 pm »

Are you serious ??? YES
Are you suicidal ???  NO

The sticker on the inside of the topbox actually says: "When loaded: On F800GS, do not exceed 160km/H.  On R1200GS do not exceed 180km/H"  :ricky:

Offline Battlestar

• IF IM NOT HERE IM ON MY BIKE
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
  • "LUX NOBIS DUX"
« Reply #89 on: August 06, 2013, 08:20:38 am »

Are you serious ??? YES
Are you suicidal ???  NO

The sticker on the inside of the topbox actually says: "When loaded: On F800GS, do not exceed 160km/H.  On R1200GS do not exceed 180km/H"  :ricky:
I think that is for the Aluminum Luggage? The Vario is only rated to 130kph

Back to the bike one passed me this morning at full tilt with a Akro and it sounds freaking wild.
Pass this way once!

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #90 on: August 06, 2013, 02:07:34 pm »

Are you serious ??? YES
Are you suicidal ???  NO

I stand corrected, this must be recent though, all the luggage systems I've ever seen say 130km/h.
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!

Offline Goose

• NAPIER Country life is great!
  • Shop Mods
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #91 on: August 06, 2013, 02:53:09 pm »

Are you serious ??? YES
Are you suicidal ???  NO

I stand corrected, this must be recent though, all the luggage systems I've ever seen say 130km/h.

nope had it in my Aluminium panniers in 2008 already....   :thumleft:
"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ()

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #92 on: August 06, 2013, 05:43:15 pm »

Are you serious ??? YES
Are you suicidal ???  NO

nope had it in my Aluminium panniers in 2008 already....   :thumleft:

And they assume a GSA with full luggage can go over 180? :biggrin:

I'll have a look next time I see this luggage, or will check it out at AMID.

Offline Slovac

« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2013, 07:27:12 pm »

Are you serious ??? YES
Are you suicidal ???  NO

I think that is for the Aluminum Luggage? The Vario is only rated to 130kph

Back to the bike one passed me this morning at full tilt with a Akro and it sounds freaking wild.

Actually both the aluminium and the vario is rated to 180km/H with a full load.  (I had the aluminium on my 2012 GSA, and I have the vario on my LC now)
Check the sticker on the inside of the topbox.  :thumleft:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 07:27:41 pm by Slovac »

Offline BennNevis

« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2013, 10:07:55 pm »
Jirre get over the speed rating of the boxes already!! I exceeded the rated speed and lived to tell the tale. The issue is that I did not experience the well documented headshake
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 11:01:45 pm by BennNevis »

Offline Gryshond

« Reply #95 on: August 07, 2013, 03:23:28 pm »
Jirre get over the speed rating of the boxes already!! I exceeded the rated speed and lived to tell the tale. The issue is that I did not experience the well documented headshake

Good, what tyres did you have on. The headshake is at 80kph not 180.

Offline Gryshond

« Reply #96 on: August 07, 2013, 03:33:48 pm »
Please guys go and vote, currently it appears that it is caused by Metzler Tourance Next.

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=129793.0

Offline BennNevis

« Reply #97 on: August 07, 2013, 04:30:49 pm »

Good, what tyres did you have on. The headshake is at 80kph not 180.

Anakee3s

Offline GSing

• Direct Your Adventure
« Reply #98 on: August 07, 2013, 10:45:05 pm »
Okay, front Tourance was replaced due to faulty batch....??? and problem was beter, but still there. BMW will warranty the set with any other brand when anything else becomes available one day ...................... Can't believe that we can only get Tourance in SA after four months ........WTF????

Latest is a leaking clutch reservoir, replacement ordered and are going to wait probably 3-4 weeks......
So, I have a very beautifully show room bike for the next 3-4 weeks.......

PS - Geeezzz, and I was worried about the 1190 when I bought it................ :imaposer: :imaposer:

Offline Gryshond

« Reply #99 on: August 08, 2013, 07:15:51 am »
Okay, front Tourance was replaced due to faulty batch....??? and problem was beter, but still there. BMW will warranty the set with any other brand when anything else becomes available one day ...................... Can't believe that we can only get Tourance in SA after four months ........WTF????

Latest is a leaking clutch reservoir, replacement ordered and are going to wait probably 3-4 weeks......
So, I have a very beautifully show room bike for the next 3-4 weeks.......

PS - Geeezzz, and I was worried about the 1190 when I bought it................ :imaposer: :imaposer:

What about the clutch action, are they saying it's the leaking reservoir?