Problems with the new LC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goose

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Thought I'd post this here as an advisory!

The chaps here in the UK are having serious problems with some of the new LC's.

One bloke's only had the bike for a few weeks............... and already listed the following:

1- The clutch is fooked and drags gearbox clunks thro changes. (Needs a new updated Driveshaft)
2- rear pads are down to metal @ 3k
3- The rear drive gaitor is holed
4- The vario's don't fit because rear subframe is out of tolerance the dealers benhams told me to modify the vario's to fit as I was going to Austria 2 days after I got the vario's and so the vario's had the plastic brackets trimmed down (these unbolt so can be replaced) the dealer said they will sort out on return.

SO - he even tried to Trade-the-bike-In on another model and the BMW dealer asked him why he was trading the bike..... when he mentioned the issues - the dealership refused the trade-in stating that they themselves would not be able to repair or re-sell the bike due to the Spares shortage from BMW!

BE WARNED chaps - a new model normally means a host of new problems where you'll be acting Guinea Pigs for the manufacturer!

DO YOUR HOMEWORK - research what you're buying and make sure you understand what's being offered - and set a precedent with your dealership when buying..... DO NOT SIGN the document of acceptance of the vehicle (it's normally slipped in somewhere where you sign something to the effect that says "I have received the vehicle in a good and satisfactory condition)  . this document is what you sign AFTER you have taken delivery of the vehicle and had a chance to inspect and ride it - not BEFORE you've even ridden or driven it out of the dealership!

Some reading here:

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343906

(although there's a post that seems the issue was resolved - on page one - read the whole post first and then check out the "resolved" one which opened another massive can of worms!)

THIS is not a BMW bashing - I still love my GSA and will be buying another when back in SA.... however just be aware of what you're buying and the problems and issues that you're taking on with your new pride & joy!