BEWARE !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barry13

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW (all models)
Was just busy organising finance for a nice 2007 BMW1200GSA from an honest guy who had owned the bike for the last 4 years when my finance company phoned to tell me that in 2009 the bike had an insurance claim of R135k on it !!  That would mean that just before he bought it (cash buyer) that bike had been virtually written off. Unfortunately the insurance history just notes the claim made with no details.  He was assured by the dealer he bought the bike from (dealer known to me) that the bike had not been in any accidents and in fact he had no problems in all the time he owned the bike.
Needless to say the finance was refused because of this and the seller can now only sell for cash and will have to notify any buyer of this history.
He is now taking it up with the dealer because obviously he will lose money now.
I hope he gets compensation and I also hope the dealer gets taken to task for knowingly selling a bike with this history.

Anyway buyer BEWARE !!