The ALTERNATIVE ROUTE 14.07.2013

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy660

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
So Sunday morning came , NO RAIN !

And 20 or so bikes came to ride in the mud.Even some unexpected riders,
like Kamanya and GJ.
Unfortunately we missed Mr. Big at the Klipheuwel Turn off.
I did slow down , but he was no where to be seen.

We had  quite a fast , compatent group today , so we made good time to the starting point of the Alternative route, and got there at 08h40,

We waited until 09h05 until adv. arrived , accompanied by Tour and miss Tour.& Vaalbaas
And straight to it we went.

First stop , no casualties , but Headley had a flat.
Kameelkop showed us how you ride through mud and water so fast , u barely touch the water , like a "Blesshoender"
I let the faster bikes go in front , Adv.Kamanya and Kameelkop to name just a few.

Anyway , the riding all went well and I made sure all the gate swere closed once we were through.
It seems our difficult farmer had notice that adv. had been past his farm again , and wired all the gates lekker vas with "duk draad" , Leatherman is an awesome tool , but I made sure the gates were all closed anyway.
A  quick refreshment was had in Moorreessberg.
So , I asked who wants more,and just before we could leave GJ and his friend joined us.
And the next stop was Koringberg , Then back on the alt. route north , over the Bree river , and left on to Goedverwagt.

I hadnt been up the 4x4 track for 3 years.But it was in a fair state and a good ride was had by all.
Many thanks to all that attended the ride,
I had a blast , and you guys ?

So , put your pics here please ?