Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Clipped a mirror yesterday.....  (Read 6413 times)

Offline Casting from Turd

• Read my avatar and act accordingly
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #DTCBM
    • addobackpackers.com
Re: Re: Clipped a mirror yesterday.....
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2013, 09:43:30 am »
And not just cagers....had a  :bueller: who clipped my gs handlbars, down i went and the f.nut just kept on driving.

Hey pappa, if you dont wanna move into slow lane so that fast bikes can pass, your problem  :imaposer:   :imaposer:   :imaposer:

Pink Panther naaier!!!!  :imaposer:
I dont want to ride fast, But I want to ride FAR
Past Bikes...Honda XR250 Tornado,Honda XR650L
Honda XL1000V Varadero
BMW 1200 GSA, 800GSA
http://www.addobackpackers.com

Offline ClimbingTurtle

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • Give It Horns - Save Our Rhino's
    • Majita Tool Supplies
Re: Clipped a mirror yesterday.....
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2013, 09:43:35 am »
I clipped the mirror of a S600 merc in dik traffic a while back, dark tinted windows at the back, I stopped next to the driver and indicated to lower the window - he waved me off, didn't even open the window..... I left.....
www.majita.co.za - we sell tools!

"And if I knew I was going to be this thirsty, I would have drunk more last night"

2010 R1200GS Adventure SOLD - 2007 BMW G650x  - 2001 F650GS Dak SOLD - 1981 XT500 - 1980 XT500 - Gone to Mud Island for a better life with Roadcat the Lordly, Keeper of the Mead...!

Offline Minxy

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2013, 09:44:35 am »
Shit Dwerg! I'm glad you are ok and nothing worse happened. Driving on the highway is so dangerous as it is and now you get dumbass people who go out their way to make it worse. Eish :(
*              ★.`.★   "I'm in love with a strict machine"  ★.`.★               *
www.facebook.com/barbara.muszynski/ Hit follow!
Current: KTM 950SE, Husqvarna 701, KTM 500, Honda LS 125 Previous: Honda Africa Twin CRF 1000 DCT, KTM 950 SE, KTM 950 Adv, Aprilia 650 Pegaso Trail, BMW G450X, Husqvarna 350FE, KTM 690RFR
Ride Reports:
Xmas Xtreme - http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=233018.0 Hearts in the Desert -  http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=241236.0

Online Xchallenge

• Jou Ma is 'n...
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Zero (all models)
  • Braaap!
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2013, 09:44:53 am »
Glad youre okay Dwerg.  :thumleft:

I reckon the lady was just poep-bang to pullover in case you were planning to kak her out.
Eventhough she caused the incident of you clipping her mirror, her bark was clearly worse than her bite, and I reckon she just felt intimidated to stop, eventhough you were actually willing to discuss this with her.

:ricky:

Yesterday, I had a near miss, where a young lady driver drove out of her drive-way, (not in reverse, but actually pointing towards the road) and she could see I was coming towards her, I had my finger on the hooter, ready to warn her as it seemed as if she was accelerating, and as I thought, she just continued to pull in front of me, so I hooted to warn her, but she bluntly continued as if it was her right of way, I then pulled up next to her to vent, but she just kept looking forward and blatantly ignored me.

Its times like that I want to brake off mirrors...but Ive been lectured too much by my wife about my road rage, so I just continued on swearing profanities in the privacy of my own helmet...they rhyme with the word 'wuss"

:laughing4:
If you had a psychic midget who killed someone, you would have a small medium at large.

Offline Manic

• Little Fat Guy
  • Vendors
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2013, 09:48:53 am »
And not just cagers....had a  :bueller: who clipped my gs handlbars, down i went and the f.nut just kept on driving.

Hey pappa, if you dont wanna move into slow lane so that fast bikes can pass, your problem  :imaposer:   :imaposer:   :imaposer:

All bikes to da left, all KTM bikes to da right.

Rule of da road  :lol8:

Offline silvrav

Re: Re: Re: Re: Clipped a mirror yesterday.....
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2013, 10:00:42 am »
And not just cagers....had a ktm who clipped my gs handlbars, down i went and the f.nut just kept on driving.

Hey pappa, if you dont wanna move into slow lane so that fast bikes can pass, your problem  :imaposer:   :imaposer:   :imaposer:
Jou moer man! :)

Single lane road,oncomming traffic, ktm driving like a twatwaffle.... :p

Offline the real Takbok

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2013, 10:07:09 am »
sitting or standing?
now if you had stood she would have seen you coming from afar.

I don't think standing increases dwerg's height that much....
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 10:07:31 am by the real Takbok »

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2013, 10:08:05 am »
Julle moet lekker kak praat. Eks 90 kilos pure midget spiere  :lol8:
Previous: KTM 690R, 790ADV, 640ADV, 950ADV, 250XCW BMW F650GS Single, F650GS Twin, F800GS, G450X, R50/2 Honda CRF450X, CRF230 x 2, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail Yamaha BWS100 x 2, LB80 Chappy

Offline Manic

• Little Fat Guy
  • Vendors
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
Re: Re: Re: Re: Clipped a mirror yesterday.....
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2013, 10:19:15 am »
And not just cagers....had a ktm who clipped my gs handlbars, down i went and the f.nut just kept on driving.

Hey pappa, if you dont wanna move into slow lane so that fast bikes can pass, your problem  :imaposer:   :imaposer:   :imaposer:

As jy wil hanna hanna op die pad, ry met die kar werk toe  :imaposer:

Offline Grrrr....

• ...eats seeds as a pastime activity.
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • If you trim your tree beware the roots.
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2013, 10:19:55 am »
Seems to be a Gauteng thing - closing the gap. Here in CT the vast majority of cages keep out of the biker's lane and when they see a bike coming they move out of the way. During the last few weeks I've noticed more than a few cars deliberately moving into my way and every single one of these has had GP plates. I'm talking 4 maybe 5 incidents.

Mmmmm.... have had a few clipped mirrors, it is inevitable but only clipped two on purpose.

One was very similar to Dwerg. Woman in a huge as SUV purposefully closed the gap and usually it doesn't faze me but I saw her stare at me in her mirror laughing and chatting away on her cell. Red mist descended I and just went clipping her Range Rover mirror with the barkbusters on the 1200GS full on.

Would I do it again? Yes.

The other time I did more than clip a mirror but let's just leave it at that.

All other times was all accidents and most people see it as just that.

Offline AntonW

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2013, 10:36:35 am »
Seems to be a Gauteng thing - closing the gap. Here in CT the vast majority of cages keep out of the biker's lane and when they see a bike coming they move out of the way. During the last few weeks I've noticed more than a few cars deliberately moving into my way and every single one of these has had GP plates. I'm talking 4 maybe 5 incidents.

Ditto
Henry Kissinger is said to have once opined that "academic debates are so bitter because the stakes are so low.

" It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you
realise that there is always a way to solve problems without using violence "

Offline Bazinga

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Enduro
  • Nat-Su-Kow
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2013, 10:42:49 am »
ek sal ook bietjie kwaad wees as jy oor my mirror wheelie

Offline Taboo

• Forum Vendor
  • Pack Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha TW200
  • Aka Sussie
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2013, 10:45:06 am »
My experience was a bit different.

I slowly went through traffic that stood still at the red light at the strawberry farm on the R44 in Stellenbosch and stopped in front. The Ford Ranger on my left started screaming and hooting, gesturing all kind of interesting signs. As the light turned green I gunned it just to put some distance between me and this crazy dude in the bakkie. He obviously totally lost it. He gave chase??!! I didn't know that the Ranger would be able to keep up with me. We went flying down the R44 at about 160ish with him now on my back wheel. I think the only thing that saved my bacon was the fact that we caught up with other traffic and I was able to lose him lane splitting.

Haven't been scared like that in a good long while.
Getting dirty is only half the fun...
Yamaha TW200 (Weapon of choice for fear of the sand monster)
Yamaha XT660 (Sold) ~ Suzuki DR650 (Had it - Loved it) ~ BMW F650GS (Hated it - Sold it) ~ Honda VFR400 ~ Unknown Farm Bike (Was taught the hard way, ride or fall)

Online Xchallenge

• Jou Ma is 'n...
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Zero (all models)
  • Braaap!
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2013, 11:10:34 am »
Sounds like another Gauteng Driver who maybe recently moved to the Cape and bought a Ford Ranger...
Cant imagine a Capetonian giving chase anything over 60km/h

:imaposer:

I slowly went through traffic that stood still at the red light at the strawberry farm on the R44 in Stellenbosch and stopped in front. The Ford Ranger on my left started screaming and hooting, gesturing all kind of interesting signs. As the light turned green I gunned it just to put some distance between me and this crazy dude in the bakkie. He obviously totally lost it. He gave chase??!! I didn't know that the Ranger would be able to keep up with me. We went flying down the R44 at about 160ish with him now on my back wheel. I think the only thing that saved my bacon was the fact that we caught up with other traffic and I was able to lose him lane splitting.

If you had a psychic midget who killed someone, you would have a small medium at large.

Offline DaddyK

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2013, 11:32:16 am »

Who would ever have thought that a KTM driver would admit that a KTM isn't a bike?

The greatest discovery of any generation is that a human can alter his life by altering his attitude - William James

Offline silvrav

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Clipped a mirror yesterday.....
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2013, 11:32:34 am »

As jy wil hanna hanna op die pad, ry met die kar werk toe  :imaposer:
Dis beter as om n ktm te ry.... 8)

Offline brettp

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Blue boss.....
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2013, 03:04:01 pm »
I would love to know the thought process that is going through their heads.

They are toooo stupid to "process"!!  :biggrin:
He who dies with the most toys, wins !!!!!

Offline BiganDaft

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2013, 03:30:04 pm »
experience that atleast once a day on my commute  ??? I have no idea what the drivers are trying to prove. I would love to know the thought process that is going through their heads.

I moved over, got such a shock at the bright pink bike!
Current:
Triumph Tiger 800XC, Triumph Scrambler, Yamaha XT 500 X 2, Yamaha XT550, Yamaha XT600, Kawasaki KLR 650, KTM 50
Past:
Triumph Tiger 855 (sold), Triumph Speed Triple 955 (sold), Triumph Speed Triple 1050 (sold),Yamaha IT 490 (SOLD) Triumph Tiger 1050 (sold), Honda XR200 (killed), Honda XR 500 (killed), XT600 (killed)

Offline hedleyj

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2013, 05:23:12 pm »

Who would ever have thought that a KTM driver would admit that a KTM isn't a bike?

Don't most countries drive on the wrong side of the road especially where KTM is grown.

Which would account for them then keeping right. Where all agri vehicles travel
 :imaposer: :imaposer:
I'm sure the sun goes around the earth twice a day.

Offline Kokkus

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • Blou
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2013, 06:20:11 pm »

Perhaps he thought it was me... ;D
Yamaha XT660Z '11 (Current)
Yamaha XT600E '96 (Sold)
Yamaha XT500 '83 (Sold)
Yamaha YB100 '82 (Swoped for a sheep)