A Friday to remember

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buff

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
It probably only happens a few times in your life, when a defining moment happens that makes you realise that someone is looking out for you,
When your mediocre daily 8-5 routine gets broken by an event that puts a smile on your face the entire weekend,
When a childhood dream suddenly becomes a reality and when it dawns upon you that your wife loves you more than you could ever imagine.

That day happened for me on Friday …

But let me share with you how it came about:

Around the 8th June our family went on a biking weekend to De Doorns. After stopping for fuel and snacks at the Shell Ultra City in Worcester, Cathy jumped into the bakkie holding a till slip in her hand and said to me “Baby, I’m going to win this prize for you”. “Sure babes” I thought, you go for it, thousands of people enter those things and you never hear who wins them  :(

Fast forward to last week Monday when asks me if I remember that prize she said she was going to win. She tells me that she was on the companies  web page and the prize draw is happening this week and she’s waiting for a call.

Well Monday came and went and still no call  ??? Like they were ever going to call anyway  :(. But Cathy is not phased. She is so sure she is going to win this prize that she phones the promotions office to ask them why they haven’t called her yet  :eek: So they inform her that the draw is happening on Friday and she better have her phone on her and her till slip ready because if her name gets drawn and they phone and there’s no answer then they draw again.

So Friday arrives and by this stage Cathy’s excitement has rubbed off on me and I’m thinking “Wow, what if she wins this for me?” then “Na, what’s the chances, probably 100 000/1”  then “OMG, that would be so cool”.

So on the way to work (we work together) I tell her that I’m getting a good vibe about this prize and she recons she feels the same way, she just knows it’s going to happen. I’m even getting bold and I tell her they’re going to phone her between 10 and 11am  ::)

So at 9:50am I walk into her office and ask her if I can make her a celebratory cup of coffee because they’re gonna call any minute now. Lekker windgat ne  ;D

She looks up at me with her eyes floating in her head and says “I’m so glad you’re here, I need the loo so badly but I don’t want to take my phone with in case they phone me in there”   :imaposer:

So I take her phone from her and start surfing Wilddogs but the thing loses 3G connection (we have very poor reception in our office). So I start stressing straight away “Noooo, not now, it’s almost 10am, come on you useless damn network and I put it on her desk. So now I’m sitting there staring at the thing waiting for Cathy and I’m talking to the phone saying “Ring, Ring, Ring” and low and behold the damn thing starts to ring  :eek: :eek: :eek:

Gees, I got such skrik I nearly moered off her chair. I see the number is a cell number but with no caller ID so I answer it and woman introduces herself as so ‘n so from Coke a Cola. Well, I nearly ran the females shithouse door off its hinges to get to Cathy and hand her the phone.

The woman then preceded to ask her a ton of questions before saying “Cathy, I’ve got some very good news for you, you’re the winner of a brand new Ducati 848 Evo”  :ricky: :ricky:

FM, I went ballistic, I was going the dance of joy in the office and whooping like a deranged Wilddog. So much so that the rest of the staff members came to look what the hell was happening  :imaposer:

So that’s how our weekend started, not a bad Friday at all  :thumleft:

This little beauty will be standing in my garage within the next few days  :drif: :drif:

Yeah, I know it's not a dual but I don't care, it's a freakin Ducati and I love them  :drif:

Attachments

• 848-evo_small.jpg
    848-evo_small.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 1,114