Atlantis DUINE!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhad

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
Yesterday I decided to go and look for some nice sand to play in.  Went out to Atlantis to that white dunes on the riht hand side of the R27 going north.  The guy at the boomgate said that you need a permit and I think it's R60.00 or R40.00, but you can only get it at Atlantis biblioteek or somewhere in Cape Town.  Doesn't matter how but he allowed me to go in.......
WAS IT GREAT FUN IN THAT DUNES!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I was all by myself and could not get alot of pictures, sorry :-[

The sand monster got hold of me twice!  The first time was right at the beginning when comming over a dune and saw that the other side is almost a vertical drop!  I slammed the brakes, but the momentum was a little to much and we went down halve way down the drop.  Because of the sand and the very bright white sand it is difficult to see all the sharp rises at the foor of some dunes and you have to be very careful for the "other" side of the dune!

I enjoyed it moerse baie and will definitely go again!!  What about we organise a ride to Atlantis's dunes and enjoy the day there?? 

I'll find out where exactly to get the permits and how much it is. 
Sorry I don't have nice pictures, I only had my kark cellphone with me and I'm not the best photographer!