Bunking work on a Friday - Ride Reports!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrissie B

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda NC750X
It was all Draadwerk's fault...  :eek:
He said he was going to be in Barberton on Friday, why don't we go for a bike ride... Bosparra and I were keen on the idea, but I only got the confirmation for the ride on Friday at about 10h00.  So I quickly organised the house & office, got my bike kit on and left to meet Bosparra at the Lovely Jubley outside Barberton, where Draadwerk was supposed to meet us.  When I got there breakfast was already ordered and Bosparra informed me that Draadwerk had just called him to cancel, he had to urgently get back to Nelspruit.  So now we had to decide, do we cancel too or go for a ride anyway... we actually both had a lot of work to do, but in the end the riding won and we took the gravel road to Kaapsehoop, where we had a cooldrink and watched the horses.   :biggrin:
But since that was such a short ride, we decided to go ride some more.  I mentioned the Noordkapp Road to Bosparra and he was keen to try it.  So we went back the way we came and then onto the R40 for a bit until turning right onto the Noordkaap Road.  
Now the Kaapsehoop road was actually exceptionally good this time, except for a patch of soft stuff that made my tail end wiggle a bit too much for my liking!
But the Noordkaap Road was something else!  It started off bad from the word go and I had to really concentrate to pick a good line so I wouldn't get stuck or moer down.  Everything from rocks to ruts and sometimes just a narrow, raised strip of road to ride on!  Bosparra decided he preferred riding behind me, which made me a bit nervous as I am sooooo damn slow!  I really prefer being at the back, take my time without worrying that I'm irritating my fellow rider(s).  And I bet he was laughing at some of the lines I took... I don't always choose the easiest pieces!  

(Pics - Kaapsehoop)

Attachments

• Kaapsehoop-20130726-00088.jpg
    Kaapsehoop-20130726-00088.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 1,001
  • Kaapsehoop-20130726-00089.jpg
    Kaapsehoop-20130726-00089.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 999