Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: "Unstoppable enduro"  (Read 3389 times)

Offline silentbob

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
Re: "Unstoppable enduro"
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2013, 01:08:09 pm »
Well considering that the vast majority of their "enduro" bikes will never see dirt, they can claim what they like. It's more a "life style" sales pitch....

Though it is quite a claim... How many BMW's did you see on the Dakar?
Running is hard. It always has been. Woolly mammoths didnít just roll over onto a plate and serve themselves up to prehistoric man with fries and a shake. They had to be caught - and running down woolly mammoths was hard.

Offline swart skaap

• Deleted Users
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2013, 01:33:46 pm »
Well thus far my BMW has proven much more unstoppable than my ktms,  both the ktms left me on the side of the road more than once, 990 and 690! 

Oh yeah Ktm, "ready to race" just take a trailer with because you prob. Gonna have a breakdown, and "ready to race" just avoid the pebbles or your front wheel will fart out all the air,  "ready to race" just remember to take the bike to Hilton for a suspension upgrade... "Ready to race" just remember to put grease around your air filter or avoid dirt roads...

BMW you sleg ding!! God forbid any other manufacturer starts producing 200kg+ bikes that they market for off-road riding with bikes jumping through the air and sliding around corners ala Dakar... If manufacturers see what BMW is up to an try and copy them the world of motorcycling as we know it will end!  Lets just hope that no other manufacturer starts producing these unfinished, heavy road bikes full of electronics and weight and try and sell them to a bunch of wild dogs!  No wild dog will want bikes like these!

:pot: how's that for stirring the pot with some ugly truth!
Jy gaan aambeie in jou nek skiet as jy so aangaan.

The point was that BMW blatantly lies and you zealots actually support it?
 ???

-- Jou lekke ding! --

Offline Eddy81

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2013, 01:47:31 pm »
Well thus far my BMW has proven much more unstoppable than my ktms,  both the ktms left me on the side of the road more than once, 990 and 690!  

Oh yeah Ktm, "ready to race" just take a trailer with because you prob. Gonna have a breakdown, and "ready to race" just avoid the pebbles or your front wheel will fart out all the air,  "ready to race" just remember to take the bike to Hilton for a suspension upgrade... "Ready to race" just remember to put grease around your air filter or avoid dirt roads...

BMW you sleg ding!! God forbid any other manufacturer starts producing 200kg+ bikes that they market for off-road riding with bikes jumping through the air and sliding around corners ala Dakar... If manufacturers see what BMW is up to an try and copy them the world of motorcycling as we know it will end!  Lets just hope that no other manufacturer starts producing these unfinished, heavy road bikes full of electronics and weight and try and sell them to a bunch of wild dogs!  No wild dog will want bikes like these!

:pot: how's that for stirring the pot with some ugly truth!
Jy gaan aambeie in jou nek skiet as jy so aangaan.

The point was that BMW blatantly lies and you zealots actually support it?
 ???

Yeah, not exactly what was meant, point is all the manufacturers lie, it's part of their marketing campaigns when it comes to adventure bikes... Hehe see I'm gonna climb on my "unstoppable" enduro this weekend and have lots of fun...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 01:48:10 pm by Eddy81 »

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2013, 02:44:53 pm »
Eddy, please just stop in time!!! :imaposer:

It is a marketing pitch, as clairvoyantly seen by a WD member :imaposer:, but it is false advertising.

At least when Yamaha says; "Someday you'll own a Yamaha" it is true. Ask multiple KTM warrior Despres. :ricky:

Offline Eddy81

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2013, 03:22:01 pm »
 ;D I'll give "like the crow flies" a new meaning!

Cyril is doing brilliantly on the Yamaha, How is he doing now in the dos soertos? Last time I checked he was far in the lead!

Let's also just remember that it has allot to do with the rider, like those advertising campaigns with the super tenere in the sand dunes of some desert, I will not be able to do that, so looking at the ad it gives the impression that taking that bike into the sand dunes is a normal thing... But it's not...

Did you guys see peterhansel in the desert with the yamaha R1?  So yeah, maybe all these bikes are unstoppable, jut depends on who is riding...

Offline Buddy

« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2013, 03:27:06 pm »
BMW has won the Dakar a number of times, isn't that a super-enduro?
The Townkraaier of Kraaifontein

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2013, 03:32:44 pm »
BMW has won the Dakar a number of times, isn't that a super-enduro?

Not at all, the Dakar is like a super-offroad. And this is another lie, BMW never won the Dakar, aftermarket companies did, badged as BMW's. Google HPN. :-[

Offline billy-joe

« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2013, 03:46:29 pm »
Come on boys, don't take the bait!  :pot:
-There is no road to happiness...Happiness is the road.
-One cannot drink beer all day long if you do not start early in the morning says Welsh!!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2013, 03:48:14 pm »

Aag, all in good spirit! And the bait has been taken.

Offline Bill the Bong

• Coffee Monster
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Cagiva Elefant 900
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2013, 04:02:02 pm »
Danie, Danie, Danie.  Wat was die vraag nou weer?  O ja, hoekom het my nuwe F800GS semi-slicks op as dit 'n enduro is?  Wil ook weet.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2013, 04:06:41 pm »
Danie, Danie, Danie.  Wat was die vraag nou weer?  O ja, hoekom het my nuwe F800GS semi-slicks op as dit 'n enduro is?  Wil ook weet.

Het hulle jou nie dalk n stel ou bande op die fiets verkoop nie?

Offline Bill the Bong

• Coffee Monster
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Cagiva Elefant 900
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2013, 04:09:38 pm »
Nee, fok.  Splinternuut.  Lyk soos cut-slicks.  Werk mega goed op my 2km grondpad na my huis toe.  Veral met ABS nog aan.  Unstoppable is presies die regte naam.  Hy stop eenvoudig glad nie.  Gee wel jou regter voet 'n massage...

Google Pirelli Scorpion Trail
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 04:11:14 pm by Bill the Bong »

Offline billy-joe

« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2013, 04:11:01 pm »

Hook line n sinker! Pity some boys take it seriously. To be fair, this should be in te comedy section!

Btw, what is the tuning forks blurb for the S10?
-There is no road to happiness...Happiness is the road.
-One cannot drink beer all day long if you do not start early in the morning says Welsh!!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2013, 04:16:35 pm »

Hook line n sinker! Pity some boys take it seriously. To be fair, this should be in te comedy section!

Btw, what is the tuning forks blurb for the S10?

Nee, nog nie gesien nie, triple tuning forks is Yamaha se embleem, afkomstig van hul oorsprong in musiekinstrumente.

Offline Karel Kat

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • 'Burn Babilaan an de wicked'
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2013, 04:27:25 pm »
Aaah ... the sweet music of brand bashing.  :biggrin:

I like the fact that that Yamaha makes musical instruments and bikes

Years ago in Pretoria there was a guy called Neels van Niekerk who was one of the best two-stroke tuners around. He also made backyard expansion boxes under the name "Vannik" and had a very good scientific understanding of pressure waves. Anyway, he was a Yamaha man through and through and always said that nobody could build better 2-strokes because Yamaha also made music instruments and therefore they were the only ones who really understood sound waves.
Proudly colonialist dog walker and brannewyn libtard

Offline Eddy81

« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2013, 04:30:43 pm »
It's all in good fun, a chance to have a little laugh and get some sarcasm practice in... If it weren't for these type of posts the wild dog adventure forum will be half empty and seriously boring!!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2013, 05:13:43 pm »
Aaah ... the sweet music of brand bashing.  :biggrin:

I like the fact that that Yamaha makes musical instruments and bikes

Years ago in Pretoria there was a guy called Neels van Niekerk who was one of the best two-stroke tuners around. He also made backyard expansion boxes under the name "Vannik" and had a very good scientific understanding of pressure waves. Anyway, he was a Yamaha man through and through and always said that nobody could build better 2-strokes because Yamaha also made music instruments and therefore they were the only ones who really understood sound waves.

Never met them, but guys like Neels and Arno Stoffberg were 2stroke boffins of note!!

Oh yes, BMW= Bullshit Media Works.

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2013, 08:01:00 pm »
Eddy, please just stop in time!!! :imaposer:

It is a marketing pitch, as clairvoyantly seen by a WD member :imaposer:, but it is false advertising.

At least when Yamaha says; "Someday you'll own a Yamaha" it is true. Ask multiple KTM warrior Despres. :ricky:

Kom Danie. False advertising - almal doen dit.

A few examples:

::)

Are you serious?

Forward thinking? Kak man.

WTF?? (translation: Some have a think for the street, others for the jungle...) That's false advertising!!  :dousing:  :imaposer:  :imaposer:  :spitcoffee:  :snorting:  :lol8:

Kak man, this is false advertising ;D
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline DSNewbie

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2013, 08:04:57 pm »
The GS thing is such old and really crappy bait, but 2SD certainly knows how to present it too keep on catching  :imaposer:

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2013, 08:06:08 pm »
 :imaposer: :imaposer:

Come now Neil, difference is that the YZ/WR REALLY does have reverse cylinders, and Kent Anderson WAS REALLY world champion on Yamahas.

I do not know what to make of the rhinopotamus talking on his cell while riding a green scooter though. :eek7: