Touwsrivier Run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KiLRoy

You said it, man. Nobody fucks with the Jesus!
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Touwrivier Run
We met up in Durbanville at Charlie?s house early Friday 20 January 2006 - Rocco (Dakar), Charlie (KTM 950) and me (KLR).
RoccoandhisDakar.jpg

CharlieandhisKTM.jpg

From Durbanville we took the back roads via Philadelphia (?Streets of Philadelphia? were playing in my head ? without an Ipod) to Malmesbury where we filled up.

Phily.jpg

From Malmesbury we experienced some strong crosswinds on the N7. My speed dropped to between 120 and 140km/h while the KTM and Dakar still seemed happy at 140km/h. It was noticeable while riding behind the two bikes that the wind affected the Dakar more than the Katoom. From Piketburg we rode via Eendekuil up the pass towards Citrusdal, but at the top of the pass we took a gravel detour of about 50 kms to Citrusdal. We decided to have a quick breakfast next to the road, courtesy of yours truly. [author?s note: don?t store food items like cheese in the saddlebag next to the exhaust]

breakfast.jpg

The detour was worth our while since it was a scenic route on top of the mountain, which I haven?t travelled before

scenic1.jpg

scenic2.jpg

scenic3.jpg