Where does this go?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AntVan

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
So, there I am fitting a power socket to the LC. (I've been dutifully packing the compressor in when going offroad but soon realized I had nowhere to plug the CanBus-unfriendly compressor).

I removed both seats, and both black covers (covering and close to the battery) to route the cable.

After I was satisfied I did a decent job I struggled a bit with the grommets that's supposed to hold the black cover, which kept on popping out.

After a while I got her as I wanted and rode her to the back where she sleeps.

Before parking the car in the spot where, moments before, my Hildr was stripped to the battery, I found a little rubber bumper on the floor.

Eish. It's 23:00 hours and the SWAMBO is asleep. Certain things are best done in better light, I tell myself and go to bed. Only to have a restless, worried night of obsessing about body panels rubbing against each other.

So, only thing is to open her up again and look-see.

Well, this afternoon I popped her seats, both covers, and removed the battery again. This little bugger does not fit anywhere I can see. It takes me a good 30 minutes or so. So I take a step back and challenge my assumptions. (Assumptions are best challenged with a tot of Jack Daniels.) And true as Bob; Jack inspires me and in a moment of clarity shows me the true way.

The little bumper belongs to my soldering iron, which was used in the process of creating the cable!