gearing up for Spain and France

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lestutu

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Heading across the ocean is not our usual way of holidaying, but the opportunity  to visit Spain and southern France, and do some riding, is too good to pass up. This is the key motivation, but as anyone doing the research and planning will know, the decision is the easy part. Tracy and I have settled on an itinerary, well, sort of; she's keen on the art, architecture and other noble things, I have a a special interest in those hopelessly romantic South Africans who joined the Republican cause during the Spanish Civil War. It's a relatively harmonius compromise as that will allow us plenty of opportunity to see Spain, and hopefully do plenty of riding. As serious foodies and part-time hedonists, we also fully intend to sample the food and and wine on offer. In fact, the French leg structured around a red wine rout.
I'm therefore starting this topic in the hope that more knowledgable WDs will contribute some suggestions, and that I'll be able to share information about the trails and tribulations of organising a bike in Spain...
So, here's the plan: On September 14 we're flying out of KSI, via Dubai, to Barcelona. We're spending three days in Barcelona, cross the Pyrenees into France for a week, then hop back into Spain, and conclude the trip in Salamanca to attend the International Wilderness Conference in early October.
But first, there's the %$&#* Shengzen visa ...