New Routes North of Cullinan. Report back.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blazes

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Saturday a group of 4 WD'S left Pretoria East and headed on tar.(Boring.) to Cullinan to explore some new routes for next year. By tar? Yes the other routes would take us about 1 to 2 hours. Not enough time in a day. The party consisted of.

Aquatic. 650 Dakar.
Splash. 640 KTM.
Waghond. 1200 GS
Myself. Took the Dakkie out for a ride.

After breakfast i took out copies of maps i printed of the area and we all headed North. The first road for some reason was closed off by a farmer. The second. JACKPOT. Rode through this small village and found a two track white plaster sand, The local GPS call it PARRAVLEI. Hmmmm leading through a what once was a Bluegum plantation. It even had its own little river crossing. Connected up with the Sybranskraal
road and headed north west. Found another scenic section of road with Zebra and Widebees and some of the most amazing rock formations. Switched off the bikes and enjoyed the SILENCE.
Headed futher north and came upon 4 Rhino. As Waghond calls them.... Horned Dog's. I call them HORNY DOG'S. 4 at one spot. What a treat. Saw some Eland, Wildebees, Kudu, Tooooo Many Giraffe, Blesbuck, Springbuck and impala. Time fly's while you are having fun. Headed back for lunch and decide to go after lunch along the railway tracks as Waghond knew where Plothond stays and Waghond was kind enough to show Splash where he lives as Splash will be meeting up with them for the Wakkerstroom trip. Great to have been with a willing and not whining group. Great to have met you also Waghond. He is not scared of that 1200. Scares me though. Planning a ( GAME ) ride for next year. What a awesome country we live in. Just a few kilometers from our doorsteps we can enjoy some of the most amazing gravel roads and scenery and meet Great likemindedness people. Here are a few pics. Total distance plus minus 270km

Attachments

• DSC01592.jpg
    DSC01592.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC01593.jpg
    DSC01593.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 190
  • DSC01597.jpg
    DSC01597.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 191
  • DSC01599.jpg
    DSC01599.jpg