Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Camera Trapping  (Read 76080 times)

Offline Offshore

Re: Camera Trapping
« Reply #280 on: June 29, 2015, 08:50:47 am »
@ Offshore, awesome and congrats. I knew you'd finally get it.

And with a cub, you must be so stoked  :thumleft:

I am indeed. Thanks Bailey.

Offline elandsrider

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #281 on: October 11, 2015, 06:44:26 am »
This wandered past the deck yesterday morning,
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 07:29:06 pm by elandsrider »
KLR 650, KDX 200, XTZ 750, XL 500

Offline Piet

« Reply #282 on: October 27, 2015, 12:12:10 pm »
Some interesting night time visitors!

Offline Piet

« Reply #283 on: October 27, 2015, 12:14:53 pm »
And spinning through the photos I spotted this little "video"!  ;D

It's not that obvious with the pictures underneath one another, but there is a clear trail of prints running across the 2nd pic. The camera was too slow for the hunted, by it caught the hunter! (leopard?)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 12:24:06 pm by Piet »

Offline immigrant

« Reply #284 on: October 27, 2015, 10:31:45 pm »
A few from my part of the world

Yamaha Super Tenere, Yamaha R1, Yamaha FZ8, Yamaha Grizzly, Yamaha Viking, Honda CRF250L

Offline silvrav

• Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #285 on: October 28, 2015, 08:04:07 am »
Nice immigrant...that is one nice photo of the black wolf!

Offline 0012

• Double-oh-Tkwarf
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • Race the rain. Ride the wind. Chase the sunset.
« Reply #286 on: October 28, 2015, 03:55:39 pm »
schweet pics julle  :thumleft:

->    TransAlp 650 - sold
:(    Yamaha XT1200Z - written off - R.I.P.

Offline Offshore

« Reply #287 on: January 10, 2016, 02:01:40 pm »
Again. ;D
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 02:06:49 pm by Offshore »

Offline Offshore

« Reply #288 on: January 10, 2016, 02:20:27 pm »

Offline bud500

« Reply #289 on: January 11, 2016, 08:44:09 am »
 :thumleft: :thumleft:

Love it!
May the bridges I burn light the way...

Offline Offshore

« Reply #290 on: March 16, 2016, 03:58:17 pm »
Found this on my Download the past Weekend. What a nauseating Experience. A little further I rigged another Camera on a Raft to see what was eating the Crabs, when I got there the Camera was gone, broken off. Then the red Mist really descended on me. My Farm falls under the Derestriction of Haenertsburg but my Gut told me that these Fuckers were from the Mathabatha side as they are only about 20 km from us and could come in undetected. So on Monday Morning I travelled from Pietersburg to Mathabatha which is about 10 km after you take the Mafefe Turnoff. There I went to the Maliepsdrift Police Station and laid a charge of Theft and Poaching. Imust tell you that it is the cleanest and most Professional Facility I have seen in my Life. I handed the Fodies in with a Picture of the Camera and they took a Statement. Thereafter I met the Investigating Officer who in turn introduced me to the Station Commander. I coul see that they were very curious about me having a Farm in the Bewaarkloof and I think I was the only White Man that laid a charge there ever. After chatting for about 2 Hrs we parted ways with a Promise that they would do their best.  Funny, the Commander told me that they would probably get them by identifying there Dogs as they were real Specimen.
Last Night, 30 Hrs after we laid a Charge WO Thobeyane phoned me to inform me that he retrieved my Camera and that the Guy in Green gas been arrested and that two more Suspects were to be taken in Today. I am impressed. :biggrin:

Offline Offshore

« Reply #291 on: March 16, 2016, 04:12:01 pm »
The previous Month I rigged a Camera to the Raft to see what eats the Crabs on the Raft as the was a lot of Crab Shells Lying on it. Something came on klapped it (probably an Otter) and the Camera was upside down holding on with one Cabletie. I rerigged it higher on the Gantry but that was a mistake as the Poachers saw it and took it

Offline Offshore

« Reply #292 on: March 16, 2016, 04:15:50 pm »
This the Critter that broke the Cable tie.

Offline Gingerball

« Reply #293 on: May 04, 2016, 05:03:21 am »
Found this on my Download the past Weekend. What a nauseating Experience. A little further I rigged another Camera on a Raft to see what was eating the Crabs, when I got there the Camera was gone, broken off. Then the red Mist really descended on me. My Farm falls under the Derestriction of Haenertsburg but my Gut told me that these Fuckers were from the Mathabatha side as they are only about 20 km from us and could come in undetected. So on Monday Morning I travelled from Pietersburg to Mathabatha which is about 10 km after you take the Mafefe Turnoff. There I went to the Maliepsdrift Police Station and laid a charge of Theft and Poaching. Imust tell you that it is the cleanest and most Professional Facility I have seen in my Life. I handed the Fodies in with a Picture of the Camera and they took a Statement. Thereafter I met the Investigating Officer who in turn introduced me to the Station Commander. I coul see that they were very curious about me having a Farm in the Bewaarkloof and I think I was the only White Man that laid a charge there ever. After chatting for about 2 Hrs we parted ways with a Promise that they would do their best.  Funny, the Commander told me that they would probably get them by identifying there Dogs as they were real Specimen.
Last Night, 30 Hrs after we laid a Charge WO Thobeyane phoned me to inform me that he retrieved my Camera and that the Guy in Green gas been arrested and that two more Suspects were to be taken in Today. I am impressed. :biggrin:

That is great news - nearly impossible to believe that our SAPS are able to handle a case so well. Kudos to them. Glad you got your camera back. Now go upload some more photos  :deal:
Time for an Adventure

Offline Gingerball

« Reply #294 on: May 04, 2016, 05:05:23 am »
A few from my part of the world

Those are some awesome pics  :thumleft: :thumleft:
Time for an Adventure

Offline immigrant

« Reply #295 on: May 31, 2016, 07:31:04 am »
Looks like I have some people snooping around my yard.....

Yamaha Super Tenere, Yamaha R1, Yamaha FZ8, Yamaha Grizzly, Yamaha Viking, Honda CRF250L

Offline immigrant

« Reply #296 on: May 31, 2016, 07:31:04 am »
Double post
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 07:33:52 am by immigrant »

Offline immigrant

« Reply #297 on: May 31, 2016, 07:31:12 am »
triple post  :patch:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 07:39:28 am by immigrant »

Offline silvrav

• Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #298 on: May 31, 2016, 07:51:21 am »

Some buckshot should resolve this issue  :lol8:

Offline Gingerball

« Reply #299 on: May 31, 2016, 07:55:31 am »

Pitty you did not get a registration number.

PS: Does your camera throw a flash when it takes a photo, or does it merely take a infrared/night/or whatever-its-called photo?
Time for an Adventure