KTM 1190 Adv problem collection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bundu

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Super Adventure
I've just joined the European (German) KTM forum (https://www.ktmforum.eu/forum3/wbb/950-990-1190-adventure-superenduro/1190-adventure-technik/59835-ktm-1190-adv-problemsammlung/) and noticed that they have a thread where they list problems that some of the guys have experienced.

On WD numerous threads have been started about small issues on the 1190 and perhaps the list below can get us to check our bikes and strengthen our case when we report any problems to the dealer.
Excuse some of the language below, as I've just done a Google translate of the 1st post on the German forum  :thumleft:

"KTM 1190 Adv problem collection
I have created an unordered list that represents the data in the forum our problems in a compressed form.
Some problems can be resolved by simple reflection, some technical skill or within the warranty merchants.
For some problems, there are still no real solution. The list is certainly not exhaustive.
So my plea to the victims here to attach additional, multi occurred, problems and possible solutions in the text.

-----------------------------------------------
Center stand drags on compression in an inclined position

Side stand and center stand designed to be weak, therefore fracture risk

Side stand spring breaks or goes off.

Driver seat gets too much heat from the engine
Specifically in T, because the R has a different seat (@ 1190R KTM'ler thanks for the hint)

Tank vent some mopeds insufficient, thereby increasing activity of the fuel pump.

Spoked front with side and height shock, vibration and thereby commuting 180 kmh
Solution: let the merchants Center

Loss of coolant due to not strong enough be delayed clamps on the hose connections.

Crankcase breathers, oil leak at the elbow
Let new improved elbow installed on warranty from the dealer solution

Turbulence around the helmet from 80kmh.
Solution: There are a total of three windshields with different heights.
Nevertheless, the adjustment is difficult.

Different software issues that affect, among other things on the automatic transmission of daytime running lights.
The brake light flashes when accelerating
Alarm sucks some 1190ern empty the battery
unconfirmed solution: software updates

Porous hoses. e.g. Oil filling tube and hose for air supply
Solution: replace

@ Marty
Loose brake fluid tank cover the rear brake - risk of loss
Solution: take Locklite or PP lid

Loose nuts in the main frame side stands - Screw is loose or can be lost
Solution: take longer to screw and counter nut from the rear with additional
-----------------------------------------------

Of course, not all problems occur on any motorcycle and really seem serious