Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Nyoka Ridge Vulture Centre - Help required.  (Read 945 times)

Offline DouglasN

• Vendors
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
Nyoka Ridge Vulture Centre - Help required.
« on: August 20, 2013, 08:30:40 am »

Hi All,

I am looking for a little assistance for Nyoka Ridge Vulture Centre near Skeerpoort/Harties, they have been upgrading their public areas over the last while and in preparation for International Vulture awareness day on 7th Sept, they need a little extra help.

1. Electrician to connect up and put in lights in for the toilets and boma? We will have all the parts ready, just need someone who knows electricity and a handyman or two to help install the fittings...

2. Some labour stuff, plant poles for banners etc...

One or two weekends..... any of weekends 24/25; 31/01.... remembering Int Vult day is the following weekend...

We can camp over but it is close enough for a day trip being just past Hartetebeespoort dam. Saturdays the vultures are fed so you will get to see some 200 vultures as well and have Prof Paul Bartells on hand to give an informal lecture on Vultures, their habitat, dangers facing them etc.

We only have the next 2 weeks to do this in, but with a reasonable group, this work can be done in a day, or max a weekend.

Thanks in advance.

Douglas
-----------------------
Douglas Norval

Offline laurika

• hoessenaam van hydrabad...
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • helmet hair is very cool....everyone says so
Re: Nyoka Ridge Vulture Centre - Help required.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 08:36:10 am »
I can help around the 31st? If u need hands with anything..i can rig lights but it wont be legal.try lourens") - he is a good guy, based in east rand and fully qualified,to help...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 08:38:28 am by laurika »

"There is no happiness for him who does not travel...Therefore, wander... The fortune of him who is sitting sits, it rises when he rises, it sleeps when he sleeps, it moves when he moves... Therefore, wander!"...The Rig Veda - 800 - 600 BC..

bmw F650GS/ XT 660 R

Offline DouglasN

• Vendors
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 09:10:08 am »
I can help around the 31st? If u need hands with anything..i can rig lights but it wont be legal.try lourens") - he is a good guy, based in east rand and fully qualified,to help...

Thanks Laurika,  Your name has been put on the list, will contact you during soonish to let you know the details etc.
-----------------------
Douglas Norval

Offline DouglasN

• Vendors
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 10:47:53 am »
Hi all,

A little update.. We had an electrician out there this weekend and he will have everything sorted this week I believe.

We still need to erect a couple of signs and as such are organising a workparty on  the 31st.  If you can, bring some tools to dig holes, pick, spade, Gwala.

I will be there from about 7:30, you can arrive anytime from then onwards, there will definately be a vulture feeding at about 10/10:30 as well.

GPS Co-ords for the main gate:  S25 48 22.3 E27 43 17.2

https://www.facebook.com/events/506303166124801/

Attending:

Douglas
Laurika
Henry
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 11:35:10 am by DouglasN »
-----------------------
Douglas Norval

Offline DouglasN

• Vendors
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 09:39:56 am »
thanks to Danie Malan & family who came out to help us on Saturday, we got the sign assembled and planted

It was also good to see a bunch of bikes riding past during the day, thanks to those who waved back!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 09:40:20 am by DouglasN »
-----------------------
Douglas Norval