Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Made a new side stand for my 610  (Read 702 times)

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
    • www.extinction.co.za
Made a new side stand for my 610
« on: August 29, 2013, 07:32:36 pm »
As we all know the std side stand is a piece of junk which breaks if it experiences any sort of force, like a butterfly landing on it!

TK had a mate of his weld a few alternatives up and very kindly offered me one of the spare prototypes he had lying around.

It didn't quite fit due to the angle between the "head" and the tube being slightly wrong.  I was in a rush and decided to just quickly bend it a bit with a sledge hammer  :P.

When I was finished all I had was a useless piece of spaghetti  :biggrin:

So I cut it up a started again.  But thankfully I hadn't ruined the headpiece.

I got some 25x1.6mm tubing which was slightly larger in diameter than the standard stand and this time took my time measuring and making the cuts etc.

Took it all off to the craftsman welder I found and now I have a really nice, strong side stand.  Its still quite light, only 100g heavier than the standard stand, but much stronger as well as 1cm longer  :thumleft:

« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 07:34:01 pm by alanB »
Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.

Offline Straatkat

Re: Made a new side stand for my 610
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 09:26:23 pm »
When my bike was new I welded up a section behind the head part to make it stronger, but never really had confidence in it, so last month I bit the bullet and splurged R1200 on a 630 stand, ordered it from Puzey and had to wait a month! and found it does not fit, it does not go back enough and the foot is at an awkward angle, so massaged the part where the stand stops so that it can move further to the front, the end plate is still not right, but a lot better. The footplate is also ridiculously small and will sink into even dry soil......should probably just have made my own!
18 till I die.
If hard work pays, show me rich donkey.

Offline swart skaap

• Deleted Users
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 10:59:05 pm »
neat  :thumleft:

-- Jou lekke ding! --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 07:06:57 am »
I just bought 2 new 630 side stands for both my 610TE's ;)

People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 08:03:58 pm »
The 630 stand can be made to fit properly by cutting the foot a bit shorter and adjusting the angle some. I picked up a used one and works great. Blazes your bikes are going tp topple over me thinks  ::) (well when you get them out the lounge)  >:D  You can also grind the hinge stop to allow it to position at a more forward angle which is also more stable.  :thumleft:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701R  Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  Yamaha YZ250X BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 08:35:06 am »
The 630 stand can be made to fit properly by cutting the foot a bit shorter and adjusting the angle some. I picked up a used one and works great. Blazes your bikes are going tp topple over me thinks  ::) (well when you get them out the lounge)  >:D  You can also grind the hinge stop to allow it to position at a more forward angle which is also more stable.  :thumleft:

never had any topple with the 630 stand --YET -- Just used a dremel tool in front to get the angle right on the hinge stop and tapped a stainless screw in the back to work as a buffer so that it does not swing to far back
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 11:40:35 am »

never had any topple with the 630 stand --YET -- Just used a dremel tool in front to get the angle right on the hinge stop and tapped a stainless screw in the back to work as a buffer so that it does not swing to far back

OK - thinking again about it I think I got a 510 one that was longer. Certainly the OEM one is some form of mozzarella.
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701R  Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  Yamaha YZ250X BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 03:42:25 pm »

OK - thinking again about it I think I got a 510 one that was longer. Certainly the OEM one is some form of mozzarella.

Think they made the original one from --cockcheese ::)
Current Scooters --