DR750 rebuild (Ride report pics!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IanF

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR 750S
A couple of weeks ago I picked up this DR750. A bit tatty but not too bad but with a colour scheme I couldn't live with! I toyed with the idea of just spraying the tanks and plastics as time and finances are tight, but 5 minutes into stripping those things from the bike I knew I couldn't just stop there. So tonight I'm starting to strip the bike completely. Monday hopefully the frame and some bits and pieces will go in to be sandblasted and the motor will be beadblasted. While it's apart I'll obviously replace all the bearings and rebuild the brakes. The motor seems fine but I'll check it out properly once it's out. I'm going to be working on a tight budget and timeframe but I'll do the best I can and not take shortcuts with the important things. I know my way around the garage and have restored some classic cars but this will be my first bike rebuild so brace yourselves for some noob questions!

Attachments

• 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    276.7 KB · Views: 1,313
  • 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    286 KB · Views: 1,294
  • 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    314.7 KB · Views: 1,306
  • 031.JPG
    031.JPG