BMW LC 1200

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COLES

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Saturday morning woke to real Port Elizabeth weather wind howling at the speed of an old Harvard the air force used to have

Well there was one good reason to get out of bed and that was to fetch a brand new GS 1200 L C from Joel at the local BMW dealer    after reading some of the report on the forum i was a little apprehensive about the bike.

After a introduction from Joel about all the buttons on the bars I set off along the N2 to watch a leg of the Regional Rally The L C was set in Rain mode man what a pleasure as I rode down Van Staadens Pass I realized  I was on a real new motor cycle just so much better than my GS 1200 Triple black which i bought last year in April

I found a nice area to take a few photo,s off the cars coming up the Pass

DSCF2539.JPG

DSCF2541.JPG

I sat for a good half hour before the cars started coming up the pass time i spent admiring this beautiful motor cycle    there just seem to be a lot of hole one is faced with when you look at the bike but so what

DSCF2546.JPG

Then it arrive one of the best sounding rally cars made famous by Super Van {Sarel van der Merwe and Dumpy {Serge Damseaux} the great men of rallying

DSCF2548.JPG

DSCF2560.JPG

Ant that a beaut

DSCF2576.JPG

DSCF2567.JPG

I spent most of the day riding the L C in the howling wind but what a pleasure did a short ride on good gravel in Enduro mode very difficult to explain how well the bike handled must admit I reduced the Tyre pressure REAR 2.4 FRONT 2.2 was good for me

I returned the LC this morning and waiting on a trade deal with Joel I want one      not to worried about the write ups on the forum nearly forgot did not get tank slap at 140 km as has been reported maybe the tires where incorrectly inflated for the dirt   

DSCF2582.JPG

For me its a great bike will have one