Errands for excuses…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Veldbrand

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
Slabbed it to Oudtshoorn today to collect some much needed medicine from the closest vet for my poor Springer Spaniel whose vertebrae are calcifying.
Poor thing is in huge pain due to a nerve that is being pinched.
Since CG is halfway to Mosselbay from us I decided I might as well pick up some roasted coffee beans from Barush the friendly Israeli who has a fantastic coffee shop/roasting operation next to the Langeberg Mall.
While loading the 5kgs of beans in my top box I noticed my rear left indicator had melted from the exhausts heat and not only was the lens missing but the bulb fitting and the housing a sorry sight. Again!
So after trying in vain to find a replacement from the local Zook shop in CBS, Lonerunner told me to come fetch a spare lens and some maak-‘n-plan bits and pieces from him. While there he of course couldn’t help but fiddle with my bike with those magic hands of his. Have I mentioned that the man previously tuned that Pig so sharp that it has developed an orange tinge and has morphed into a 1150 GSE. Not this bike nor the GSA I had before ever ran with so much enthusiasm as it is has now, and that with all the Schlowy, Y-piece and Remus farkles that have been added all along. A tank on steroids I tell you.
Anyway, from where Lonerunner lives I could either slab it back to Come Back Later (CBL or Ladismith) over the Robertson Pass as I’d riding to CBS or take the well known more scenic route. I’d had enough of tar for one day thank you very please.
So I took the Haelkraal road to Herbertsdale, over Cloetes Pass, along the northern side of the Langeberge and turned right towards Vanwyksdorp and on to CBL.
Nothing new but the countryside was just so clean, green and crisp after the rain we’ve had and the light was just fantastic.
I’m just loving the area we’re living in.
Here a few shots along the way.

Attachments

• Haelkraal road.jpg
    Haelkraal road.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 299
  • Haelkraal road 2.jpg
    Haelkraal road 2.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 293
  • Near Atakwaskloof.jpg
    Near Atakwaskloof.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 303
  • Gourits rivier.jpg