Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: This is hardcore...and old  (Read 2099 times)

Offline michnus

• PikiPiki Overland
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
    • Pikipiki Overland
This is hardcore...and old
« on: May 24, 2006, 08:33:14 pm »
Found this on UKGser.com these men traveled around the world in 1955

Lennox Cook and Tim the farmer on two Norton Dominator Twins. 19,150 miles overland in 93 riding days and 31 days at sea.

Some sexy adverts. :D

How about these choice of tyres :shock:
:D

masehare

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 07:07:47 am »
That Grasshopper tyre nogal looks like an Anakee...  :P

Offline Grootseun

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 08:15:54 am »
I see they bypassed Africa completely.... Sissies :D

Offline LuckyStriker

• Stealthy Camper
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
  • Bellville Rock City
    • LuckyStriker's Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 08:28:08 am »
Looks like they wanted to stick to civilization and the colonies. Every one of the places they passed through probably sells gin.

It must have been a most excellent adventure, even though it looks a bit like the chicken route :wink:  :P

Offline Grootseun

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 08:40:31 am »
Quote from: "LuckyStriker"
most excellent adventure,

No, that would have been Bill and Ted.....

shark_za

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 08:43:33 am »
Looks like they enjoyed the cruise ships more than the riding.

But damn, what an adventure.

Offline krazy-eyes

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 10:14:21 am »
hitler on a bike?
ride hitler!..er..i mean..heil hitler!

ps. is that a norton anti-virus?

Offline LuckyStriker

• Stealthy Camper
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bellville Rock City
    • LuckyStriker's Blog
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 10:37:00 am »
Adolf and Heinrich - The early years

Ai crazy... what have you been smoking? :lol:

Kev

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 02:53:06 pm »
Adolf and Heinrich - The early years

Ai crazy... what have you been smoking? :lol:

The good drugs!! Very good Krazy!  :D  :lol:

Offline krazy-eyes

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 03:25:11 pm »
unbeknownst to many, hitlers hatred for poland, and polish jews in particular, was directly caused when a polish jewish petrol attendant unwittingly put low grade petrol instead of high octane into hitlers' motorcycle, during a sigh seeing trip in the 1920's, resulting in sluggish performance for the rest of the trip.  :lol:

Offline Grootseun

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2006, 03:36:56 pm »
You have to give it to him... he was a marketing GURU...he managed to convince a huge amount of people to try and ERASE a religion from the face of the earth...it takes some passion to force your personal beliefs onto a people using polotical propoganda.

Offline BlouVark

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2006, 03:45:05 pm »
This lady did it in 2000 days. Respect.

http://www.benkapulko.com/eng/
You can always rinse the surface
but the stain will remain.

Offline LuckyStriker

• Stealthy Camper
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bellville Rock City
    • LuckyStriker's Blog
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2006, 03:54:04 pm »
Quote from: "BlouVark"
This lady did it in 2000 days. Respect.

http://www.benkapulko.com/eng/

RESPECT

I love this pic:

Kev

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2006, 04:54:15 pm »
She did good! This is a part of her journal concerning South Africa:

"" To chek out what the South Africans would like me to be and posesed before I would be allowed to enter their precious country, I swung by the South African High Comission in Islamabad. Being told I would need a visa I returned next day with the filled up form, a photograph, the photocopy of sufficient funds, insurance and international driving licence.

Huge surprise, as until the next day they had changed either their minds or the low and told me the visa was surely not requred for Slovene cityzens. Traveling for quite some time have tought me a simple golden rule (that does not necessarely work out all the time...) not to trust anyone completely, especialy if they are governmental officials, biroctars, customs or any other "paper dealing" people.

So I requested the letter stating whatever I was told. The letter was issued and off I was, keep adventuring (not even aware to what extend...).

Dubai airport. The bike is ready to be put on the same plane as I will fly with to Johannesburg. For 700$ including airfare, crating and all additional expenses. After a smooth and organised procedure I was released all went well. The bike was on board and I took a taxi to the terminal. We will be laving in a couple of hours.

Chek in brought a huge surprise - can not be exepted on the flight as I need a entry visa for South Africa and do not have it in my passport. I almost feated in front of the counter! Pulling out the letter from South African High Commision did not help much. Calling the telephone number for the immergencis on South African konsulat in Dubai did not work, as the fricks were holidaying.

Needless to say I was furious to death and no less determined I wont leave the konsulate before I do not have a required visa in my passport.
Waiting from 6 a.m. in front of the door they were positively warned on their arrival I was ready for a battle with no chance to lose this one. And they were right. No hassle, no troubles, accepted their mistakes and issued a visa in one short hour. Not much questions, just a sorrow. Fair enough they did not a single argument to lean on. Just gave them instruction that I want one single visa for a duration of 6 month, multiple entry, no charge. It was accepted with the smile on the secretarys face and warm wish that I should have a pleasent stay in her countrly.

I better do! I have deserved it after so much troubles coused by the highly disorganised, probably iliterate poeple that South African authosirys let working and present their country.

Very curiously ready to explore the very last continet of the globe. ""

:lol:  Seems she met Afreeeka early!  :lol:  :lol:

Kev

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2006, 05:00:40 pm »
Her journal entry about South Africa is here:

http://www.benkapulko.com/eng/index.php?id=journey&name=november2001

And I have a claim to fame!!! The Mandy she talks about was in my class for most of high school!! I will e-mail her and see if she wants to join us here!  8)

Offline Maverick

• Slacker Extraordinaire
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R100GS / Kalahari
  • Some multi-task. I multi-slack.
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2006, 05:49:22 pm »
I  then left for Lesotho, for some fun in the mountains. I did avoid eating cat though (I was told this is a great local delicacy). Lesotho was beautiful, a tiny country and really unspoiled

Unbelievable she did not get the rock treatment :D
Maverick Disclaimer: This thread is intended for the use of the individual(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this thread is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas.

Offline LuckyStriker

• Stealthy Camper
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bellville Rock City
    • LuckyStriker's Blog
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2006, 09:29:16 am »
Quote from: "Maverick"
the rock treatment

You know... that could become a popular phrase.
Three words to describe a whole scenario.

Offline Maverick

• Slacker Extraordinaire
  • Race Dog
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2006, 10:46:58 am »
Quote from: "Maverick"
the rock treatment

You know... that could become a popular phrase.
Three words to describe a whole scenario.

Well in that case I better speak to my prokerower :D

"The Rock Treatment"

?© Maverick copyright 2006
The wording "The Rock Treatment" featured on this site is subject to Maverick copyright protection unless otherwise indicated. The Maverick copyright protected material may be reproduced or used free of charge in any format or medium provided it is reproduced accurately and not used in a misleading context. Where any of the Maverick copyright items on this site are being republished or copied to others, the source of the material must be identified and the copyright status acknowledged. The permission to reproduce Maverick protected material does not extend to any material on this site which is identified as being the copyright of a third party. Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained from the copyright holders concerned.
Maverick Disclaimer: This thread is intended for the use of the individual(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this thread is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas.

Offline LuckyStriker

• Stealthy Camper
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bellville Rock City
    • LuckyStriker's Blog
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2006, 12:10:39 pm »
I thought my wife was going to give me the rock treatment ?© Maverick copyright 2006 when she found out that I was planning to buy a new bike

Offline Maverick

• Slacker Extraordinaire
  • Race Dog
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2006, 12:50:24 pm »
:D  :D I hear you LS, with my bad rep buying bikes on ebay and then discuss the matter won't even say that's a nice looking bike in the near vicinity of my wife :lol: