Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: BEWARE - ALL POTENTIAL BMW BUYERS  (Read 6701 times)

Offline TheBear

• Time for a free lunch! *buuurpp*
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
Re: BEWARE - ALL POTENTIAL BMW BUYERS
« Reply #100 on: September 25, 2013, 05:58:53 pm »
Dit begin al hoe meer klink soos 'n supplier wat sy kliente skoef!!! :deal: :sip:

Om die kliŽnt the skroef moet jy iets,  teen 'n vet wins aan hom lewer.  As jy dit nie kan doen nie skroef jy net jou eie winsmarge en reputasie.
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Straddle

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
« Reply #101 on: September 25, 2013, 09:10:35 pm »
Dit begin al hoe meer klink soos 'n supplier wat sy kliente skoef!!! :deal: :sip:
BMW is besig om my te skroef en my moer te strip
KTM 1290 R -
KTM 1290 Super Duke R
KTM 640

Offline Straddle

« Reply #102 on: September 27, 2013, 10:42:13 pm »
BMW moved to new premises. No word from BMW.
KTM 1290 R -
KTM 1290 Super Duke R
KTM 640

Offline 2StrokeDan

• I've been to paradise, but i've never been to me....
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2013, 08:43:45 am »
Almal weet erk is n Yamaha fan, maar nie n blinde een nie. As Yamaha my ooit kak sou probeer verkoop, of soos die arme BMW skepsels vir onderdele laat wag, stuur ek hulle in hul moere. Verseker.

BMW was al die jare kundiges op die gebied van die klient laat dink dat dit n besondere voorreg is wanneer Duitse "kundiges" hul tyd opoffer om aan kliente aandag te bestee.
Ek het dit gesien baie jare gelede by Trefco, en dit gaan steeds voort hier en nou.
R1000 vir 4 liter olie is n onlangse voorbeeld, en wat se die BMW fanklub? "As jy n R150 000 fiets koop, moet jy sulke duur onderdele kan bekostig"  :xxbah: :patch: :eek7:

Soos die ekonomie stywer trek, sal kliente ook meer krities begin kyk na wat hul ontvang vir hul geldjies, en dit is wanneer hierdie kunsmatige borrel gaan bars.

BMW het GEEN verskoning, ek het onlangs R10 000 se onderdele bestel tussen n 1983 RD350, en n 1976 175 Enduro, en het alles behalwe die RD se versnellerkabel binne 48ure gekry.
Die versnellerkabel moes ek verdomp 7 dae voor wag! :patch:

Offline J-dog

• Bike: Boss Hoss (all models)
« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2013, 08:54:52 am »
zye arr germans remembr............. :imaposer:

german?

Mr. Bethuel Thembinkosi Shabalala
Customer Care Representative

:imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

Offline Straddle

« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2013, 09:05:34 am »
Almal weet erk is n Yamaha fan, maar nie n blinde een nie. As Yamaha my ooit kak sou probeer verkoop, of soos die arme BMW skepsels vir onderdele laat wag, stuur ek hulle in hul moere. Verseker.

BMW was al die jare kundiges op die gebied van die klient laat dink dat dit n besondere voorreg is wanneer Duitse "kundiges" hul tyd opoffer om aan kliente aandag te bestee.
Ek het dit gesien baie jare gelede by Trefco, en dit gaan steeds voort hier en nou.
R1000 vir 4 liter olie is n onlangse voorbeeld, en wat se die BMW fanklub? "As jy n R150 000 fiets koop, moet jy sulke duur onderdele kan bekostig"  :xxbah: :patch: :eek7:

Soos die ekonomie stywer trek, sal kliente ook meer krities begin kyk na wat hul ontvang vir hul geldjies, en dit is wanneer hierdie kunsmatige borrel gaan bars.

BMW het GEEN verskoning, ek het onlangs R10 000 se onderdele bestel tussen n 1983 RD350, en n 1976 175 Enduro, en het alles behalwe die RD se versnellerkabel binne 48ure gekry.

As n KTM ryer het hierdie gewag vir parte darem een voordeel, ek kan dit onder die BMW meerkatte se neuse vryf om die kampvuur.
KTM 1290 R -
KTM 1290 Super Duke R
KTM 640

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2013, 09:05:57 am »
zye arr germans remembr............. :imaposer:

german?

Mr. Bethuel Thembinkosi Shabalala
Customer Care Representative

:imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

... ja and English is not his home language - you try some written isiXhosa then critisise his English  :3some: I have seen MUCH worse from mother tongue souties!
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701 Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Offline DSNewbie

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2013, 09:07:06 am »

As n KTM ryer het hierdie gewag vir parte darem een voordeel, ek kan dit onder die BMW meerkatte se neuse vryf om die kampvuur.

Provided the KTM is not in the workshop and makes it to the campfire without breaking down of course.

Offline Pete HK

« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2013, 09:09:14 am »
Just to throw in an international twist... Here in Hong Kong all the BMW dealerships are one franchise, with the head office the only motorad dealer. I had to wait 4 weeks for parts. If I can, I buy from Motoworks or Wemoto in the UK. Cheaper, even including shipping, and the parts are in the mail within 24hrs, and usually arrive within a week!

Not only that, the BMW stealership refused to sell me the flywheel puller ( BM part for removing flywheel, even has a part no. ) "only dealers can buy tools ". They're quite happy to sell you the parts inside the engine, but not the tools you need to open it up !!!??

Just as well, 'cause Suzi DRZ one fits, also 1/3 the price!

NOT impressed with BMW dealership service at all!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• Castrated Dog
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #109 on: September 28, 2013, 09:21:09 am »
The sad and absolute truth is that it is only one factor that has enabled BMW to have this haughty and arrogant attitude towards the client that keeps them in business;

The client. :imaposer:

Even the client satisfied with BMW service, is also satisfied with paying too much for most things.

Offline J-dog

• Bike: Boss Hoss (all models)
« Reply #110 on: September 28, 2013, 09:21:29 am »
sounds like BMW is the new Kak To Maintain.

Glad to hear that BMW's get to the campsites, despite all the slapping and pinging

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #111 on: September 28, 2013, 09:22:05 am »
I also had a protracted wait for parts more than a year back and purposefully rode my Husky to the BMW Annual gathering as my BMW was not on the road and parked it right outside and was happy to tell Mr Rob Holder himself what a shyte parts system they have. I must say while he responded with the normal corporate politeness he was unmoved and less than helpful ... I was waiting for weeks for a clutch pressure plate on a 1200 (the most popular seller globally!!) and there was NOT ONE in the country. This is considered a service item and not even one on a shelf I asked him?  ... his reply was that they use a special logarithm to determine stock holding depending on supply and demand and that this can see them even not having items like airfilters if there has not been a demand for them ... real WTF! I told him BMW should forget the logarithms and calculus and go back to the fooking abacus ... he just smiled and quaffed another Jonny Walker Black. Unfortunately Rob has also just become a suit singing from the same hymn sheet as all the other corporate twatwaffles.  :dousing:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701 Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Offline Straddle

« Reply #112 on: September 28, 2013, 09:22:29 am »

Provided the KTM is not in the workshop and makes it to the campfire without breaking down of course.
At least the spares is there to fix it
KTM 1290 R -
KTM 1290 Super Duke R
KTM 640

Offline DSNewbie

« Reply #113 on: September 28, 2013, 09:26:11 am »

Maybe

Offline Straddle

« Reply #114 on: September 28, 2013, 10:12:51 am »

Maybe
I never mentioned Kawasaki, so are you a BM rider in diguise?
KTM 1290 R -
KTM 1290 Super Duke R
KTM 640

Offline DSNewbie

« Reply #115 on: September 28, 2013, 10:13:46 am »

Maybe
I never mentioned Kawasaki, so are you a BM rider in diguise?

:imaposer: no, just pulling your leg

Offline eikeboom

• Bike: Suzuki DR650
« Reply #116 on: September 28, 2013, 10:41:22 am »
The sad and absolute truth is that it is only one factor that has enabled BMW to have this haughty and arrogant attitude towards the client that keeps them in business;

Even the client satisfied with BMW service, is also satisfied with paying too much for most things.

This is an economic fact. How else would the brand survive?
Let's go into the mountains...there's likely to be peace and quiet

Offline 2StrokeDan

• Castrated Dog
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #117 on: September 28, 2013, 12:21:04 pm »

In really great economic times, brands can get away with being exorbitant, because the client has more spending money and is generally more forgiving over paying too much.
When people are forced to turn the penny over, they start noticing these overcharging and looking down on the client.
This is happening now, thus the sharp rise over BMW complaint posts.

If you have enough money, and is ignorant enough in a certain field, you get ripped off without knowing. This is why these forums, and the complaints on it, can help the ignorant.

Offline TheBear

• Forum Whore
« Reply #118 on: September 28, 2013, 03:19:55 pm »

They will survive and remind the top seller because of providing excellent products and excellent service as they have in the past.   Just like any other manufacturer they will hit glitches,  resolve them,  carryon,  hit glitches,  resolve and carry on.    Their existence and growth, just like that of any other manufacturer does no test with screwed perceptions on Internet forums.  

I ride a Beemer for one reason only.  It was my 2nd choice of bike,  but after Yamaha who could apparently produce a accelerator cable for north's ark for 2SD in 7 days,  could not produce a S10 for me to test ride in a month.  That I could live with,  but it seems all phones in Yamaha dealers went out during that period as well.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 03:23:23 pm by AMZ »
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline TheBear

• Forum Whore
« Reply #119 on: September 28, 2013, 05:57:45 pm »
Just to throw in an international twist... Here in Hong Kong all the BMW dealerships are one franchise, with the head office the only motorad dealer. I had to wait 4 weeks for parts. If I can, I buy from Motoworks or Wemoto in the UK. Cheaper, even including shipping, and the parts are in the mail within 24hrs, and usually arrive within a week!

Not only that, the BMW stealership refused to sell me the flywheel puller ( BM part for removing flywheel, even has a part no. ) "only dealers can buy tools ". They're quite happy to sell you the parts inside the engine, but not the tools you need to open it up !!!??

Just as well, 'cause Suzi DRZ one fits, also 1/3 the price!
r
NOT impressed with BMW dealership service at all!

Yet,  here in Pretoria a BMW dealer loaned a customer their workshop tool, free of charge,  to help him complete a DIY job on his GS.   The same dealer have also fitted tire pressure sensors, free of charge.  The TPS units were not bought from them. 
#33 #BRADICAL!