Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: BEWARE - ALL POTENTIAL BMW BUYERS  (Read 6639 times)

Offline Rough Rider

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Hang time
Re: BEWARE - ALL POTENTIAL BMW F800GS BUYERS
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2013, 08:24:42 am »
I have also heard that BMW have pulled a dirty on Husqvarna and are refusing to sell spare parts for Husqvarnas with BMW engines, I also heard that they have withdrawn the diagnostic tools (Moss Tool) from all Husqvarna agents worldwide.
Current rides: 2015 WR250F / 2016 690R / 2017 701SM

Offline Sparky

• a darkside
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2013, 08:28:04 am »
I have heard that BMW SA will not supply any parts to any bike which has been written off. They have a policy that only they can buy and repair written off bikes.
I heard this from a friend who had a similar issue after he bought a written off 800.

How would they know what bike the parts are for ??? Surely you are allowed to buy any part you want.

"Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Offline sheldyn

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • dictum meum pactum
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2013, 08:29:38 am »
I have heard that BMW SA will not supply any parts to any bike which has been written off. They have a policy that only they can buy and repair written off bikes.
I heard this from a friend who had a similar issue after he bought a written off 800.

How would they know what bike the parts are for ??? Surely you are allowed to buy any part you want.

+1
Regards,

Sheldyn

Offline Rough Rider

• Hang time
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2013, 08:30:58 am »

They ask you for the serial numbers when you buy major parts.

But I agree 100% you should be able to buy any part you want.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 08:32:15 am by Rough Rider »

Offline Jcee

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2013, 08:33:06 am »
Yea..watch out for Atlantic. Recently got a quote for 1200ADV 50,000 service. Bill was R800.00 more than the Quote. I complained and they said I must present proof they sent me a quote. I did and they said I was in credit for next service. Asked for the cash or deposit into my account which they said cannot be done. Asked if I  can use credit to buy another set of gloves ...no problem only in January next year no stock. Will not be going back there...snakes
jcee

Offline Crankshaft

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2013, 08:43:58 am »
Problem is that I had to pay for the parts already and im not going to accept the fact that I wasted 2 months waiting already. Auto Atlantic blames BMW. They say BMW cannot supply these panels. They are a BMW Dealer and I accept that they speak for BMW as a approved representative. I will take this matter up with BMW South Africa and see if I have any luck.

Ek het 'n service issue met Donford gehad.  Hulle wou nie die probleem uit sort nie, toe kontak ek BMW Motorrad SA en stuur vir hulle 'n KAK email om te se hoe swak die handelaar se diens is en hoe hulle BMW se naam deur die modder sleep.

Dit was nie eers 2 dae nie, toe kry ek eers 'n email om te bevestig dat hulle my klagte ontvang het en is besig met 'n ondersoek.  Die volgende dag het BMW SA my self gebel en die dag daarna het Donford my gebel.

So my advies is, moenie wag nie, kontak BMW Motorrad SA.  Kyk op hulle website, die details is daarop.

Laat ons weet wat hulle se van die saak.
KDX 200
YFZ 450
BMW R1200GS LC
BMW R1200GS ADV LC
Current: R1200GS ADV LC

Offline The Artful Dodger

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2013, 08:58:09 am »
Sorry Sorry Sorry !!!

I have worked at Atlantic Motorrad for the past 8 years and yes we are experiencing huge problems with parts from Germany. BMW Germany in order to improve parts delivery changed the the company that distributes their parts. The new company is having theething problems and are busy sorting the problem out.

Please accept our apologies and if you are still having problems please contact me so that I can follow up and communicate back to you.

david.higgs@ bmwdealer.co.za

Please be gentle on me as I am only trying to help!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 09:25:49 am by The Artful Dodger »

Offline lecap

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2013, 09:01:59 am »

What I said on another thread. Don't flog the dealers for they are not the culprits.
They actually might suffer more than you.
You might just get pissed off with your toy and sell it or throw it into the next farm dam.

For the dealer and their staff it's their job and existence.
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." (Red Adair)

Offline AdrianL

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2013, 09:20:39 am »
Sorry Sorry Sorry !!!

I have worked at Atlantic Motorrad for the past 8 years and yes we are experiencing huge problems with parts from Germany. BMW Germany in order to improve parts delivery changed the the company that distributes their parts. The new company are having theething problems and are busy sorting the problem out.

Please accept our apologies and if you are still having problems please contact me so that I can follow up and communicate back to you.

Dave, you should change your Forum name if you want to be taken seriously !! That name sure applies to a Salesman  :laughing4:

Offline The Artful Dodger

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2013, 09:26:45 am »
Guilty as charged!!

Thanks

Offline J3THRO

• Yzerfontein WC
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2013, 10:18:55 am »

What I said on another thread. Don't flog the dealers for they are not the culprits.
They actually might suffer more than you.
You might just get pissed off with your toy and sell it or throw it into the next farm dam.

For the dealer and their staff it's their job and existence.

Hi lecap I respectfully disagree there. Why then do they not state that when you ask for the parts to be ordered? Why did they say 6 weeks initially and if they only started having problems after he ordered it why did the dealer not contact him to say that they are having a problem? I think 1 phone call would have made a huge difference. They are way too eager to take our money and then comes the uhm and ahh after you have had to go on the forum to moan about it. This is not Tata, this is BMW for heavens sake. You would expect a phone call at least. We pay big bucks for these bikes because it is BMW and if something goes wrong you know they have your back. I realise he did not buy the bike from them but still he is a customer and in future he will be returning for services etc.
Vat jou pak soos n man BMW.
Rant off
DO NOT FOLLOW WHERE THE PATH MAY LEAD.
GO INSTEAD WHERE THERE IS NO PATH AND LEAVE A TRAIL.
2019 Husqvarna TE 300i

Offline the_BOBNOB

• is not a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2013, 10:57:45 am »
Sorry Sorry Sorry !!!

I have worked at Atlantic Motorrad for the past 8 years and yes we are experiencing huge problems with parts from Germany. BMW Germany in order to improve parts delivery changed the the company that distributes their parts. The new company is having theething problems and are busy sorting the problem out.

i want to support the local dealers but you guys are not making it easy or pleasant for us to support you

my parts was/is a good example

how can bmw north america get parts from bmw germany overnight and we have to wait 3months+ ???

this is not the teething problems for the new company now - when i ordered my parts it was end of last  year

auto atlantic told me 3 months but they cannot gaurantee it will be here in 3 months ???

thats just ridiculous my motorcycle is not a toy its my main transport - i cannot wait 3 months for parts

so asked max bmw in north america

they said

we have this
we have this
we dont have this need to get it from bmw north america
we dont have this need to get it from bmw germany

3 days later they had everything and i had a tracking number ???

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2013, 11:08:39 am »
I heard elsewhere, there is not a single R1150 clutch plate to be found in the UK, INCLUDING from the independents..... huge problems ::) ::)
A founding member of the Witwatersrand Anchor Society.

Offline lecap

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2013, 11:21:55 am »
I heard elsewhere, there is not a single R1150 clutch plate to be found in the UK, INCLUDING from the independents..... huge problems ::) ::)

Your problem you and your WWII scrap! :lol8:
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." (Red Adair)

Offline TheBear

• KilRoy se haas!
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2013, 12:03:01 pm »
To all potential BMW F800GS Buyers and current owners the following word of caution - you wont get any parts backup from the dealers. I bought a 2013 F800GS with minimal damage from a auction house earlier this year. Ordered parts from Auto Atlantic in Capetown. I had to pay for the parts before it was ordered on the 10 th of July 2013. I was promised delivery within six weeks seeing these parts were on backorder. Up to date no parts and no clue from Auto Atlantic of when the parts are arriving. I came to the conclusion that Auto Atlantic must have taken my money and never ordered the parts from Germany or BMW cannot give any backup whatsoever for these bikes. Auto Atlantic does not respond at all, only promise to have a look at it and never reply back to me. BMW can learn from KTM in this respect, so my advice is never ever let your bmw fall over, you won't get parts.

It does seem your issue is with Auto Atlantic and not so much BMW itself.  Why not call another BMW dealer and ask them about the availability of parts?
.#BRADICAL!

Offline TheBear

• KilRoy se haas!
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2013, 12:06:39 pm »

Can't see this being true as they would not know the status of the bike you are buying parts for.  I have never been asked for a chassis number when ordering parts. 
.#BRADICAL!

Offline TheBear

• KilRoy se haas!
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2013, 12:13:29 pm »

HAHAAAAAAAAA!  And your forum name is The Artful Dodger.  Super ironic.  ;-)

.#BRADICAL!

Offline Rough Rider

• Hang time
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2013, 12:39:55 pm »

Can't see this being true as they would not know the status of the bike you are buying parts for.  I have never been asked for a chassis number when ordering parts. 

I was just relaying what I was told; next time I see my friend I will get more details from him.

Offline Straddle

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2013, 01:03:03 pm »
Lets open that can of worms. Say I have an accident with my new GS 800 2013 model 1340km on the clock. I take it to a BMW dealer for a quote. The bike is then written off because the quote exceed say R 75 000,00. I then price the damage through another reputable workshop and find out that I can fix the bike for R 40 000,00 with parts quoted by BMW. I submit this quote and the insurance is happy to pay but here is the catch - BMW cannot supply the parts - So what do I do - I keep my mouth shut, take the new bike and let the Insurance take the knock. Im not saying this is the case but it can well be.
KTM 1290 R -
KTM 1290 Super Duke R
KTM 640

Offline Straddle

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2013, 01:18:52 pm »
Sorry Sorry Sorry !!!

Thanks David, I spoke to you if you can recall on Tuesday, you promised feedback yesterday, got an email this morning (not yesterday as promised) in which you apologize. I accept your apologies but still have no dates of when parts arriving. It can still take another 8 weeks and all BMW do is apologize. Please give me dates. If you want me to lodge my complaint with BMW MOTORAD directly Im more than willing to do so and put pressure to get this resolved but will gladly leave it with you if you say so.  ;DI will naturally be very impressed if BMW supply me with a bike that my son can use (he already missed 4 trips) while awaiting the arrival of these parts. ;D
KTM 1290 R -
KTM 1290 Super Duke R
KTM 640