Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: BEWARE - ALL POTENTIAL BMW BUYERS  (Read 6652 times)

Offline TheBear

• KilRoy die haas!
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
Re: BEWARE - ALL POTENTIAL BMW BUYERS
« Reply #220 on: October 02, 2013, 05:58:50 pm »
I can't believe the stupidity of some people . The chap with the Sertao  that has been a disaster has just ordered a GS800 and feels cool about it because BM have guaranteed him a loan bike if/while he waits for repairs and parts. ( they put it in writing)

I think his choice in bikes is impeccable  :pot:

Could not have been better!
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline sheldyn

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • dictum meum pactum
« Reply #221 on: October 02, 2013, 05:59:02 pm »
Blah.  :sip:
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 09:28:31 pm by sheldyn »
Regards,

Sheldyn

Offline Straddle

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
« Reply #222 on: October 02, 2013, 06:31:09 pm »
Perhaps just a bum dealer. Here in Cape Town we have a great dealer , Helderberg Yamaha in Somerset West and Paarden Eiland.

So, if Yamaha have bum dealers and great dealers, would it be, in any way possible, do you think, that BMW may well also have bum and great dealers?
I think in this thread with my experience it is established that the problem lies with BMW, not their dealers, so BMW is actually bringing harm to their dealers with their lack of parts backup. Just look in the workshops how many bikes is waiting for parts months on end. AMZ I wonder if your bike was standing if you would still share the same views? But, nothing any of us can say or do will speed up the process and that is frustrating.
KTM 1290 R -
KTM 1290 Super Duke R
KTM 640

Offline TheBear

• KilRoy die haas!
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #223 on: October 02, 2013, 06:56:23 pm »
Perhaps just a bum dealer. Here in Cape Town we have a great dealer , Helderberg Yamaha in Somerset West and Paarden Eiland.

So, if Yamaha have bum dealers and great dealers, would it be, in any way possible, do you think, that BMW may well also have bum and great dealers?
I think in this thread with my experience it is established that the problem lies with BMW, not their dealers, so BMW is actually bringing harm to their dealers with their lack of parts backup. Just look in the workshops how many bikes is waiting for parts months on end. AMZ I wonder if your bike was standing if you would still share the same views? But, nothing any of us can say or do will speed up the process and that is frustrating.

This is the second time you ask about my bike.  Well,  first my bike is not standing.  Neither is my wife's.  Or any of my friends.  Or any of the Think Bike. Marshals.  See where I am going? All I have said (after clearly expressing that I feel for you in your situation)  was that this issue will not sink BMW because they still have more positive than negative customers.

If my bike was standing,  I'd be as unhappy as you. There is a difference though.  If my bike shorted two fairing panels and an air box snorkel,  I would have cable tied it into riding condition and rode and I would not have expected everyone else to be angry with the manufacturer.
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline eikeboom

• Bike: Suzuki DR650
« Reply #224 on: October 02, 2013, 09:24:18 pm »
All (bike) manufacturers have products with flaws, or business systems that at times don't function optimally, or branches that seem to operate less efficient regarding their customer service.

When an expensive/premium/elite brand strikes more of these hickups, then the general public/average customer would seem to be less forgiving towards the company, because of the high expectations that were held. Or maybe not if you are a blind follower of the brand or product.

Maybe that is what this thread is about - people from "outside" BMW who notice all this and are mildly amused by everything; BMW customers who are fed-up and voice their frustration here; other BMW followers who don't care about the apparent dip that the company takes and prefer to go on with life as it is.

In the end it is just a matter of perspective, where you stand. Nobody is right or wrong. And it comes down to personal choice which product you are going to buy and what you want to do with your money.
Different courses for different horses.
Let's go into the mountains...there's likely to be peace and quiet

Offline 2StrokeDan

• I've been to paradise, but i've never been to me....
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #225 on: October 02, 2013, 09:29:03 pm »
What relevance does it have where Yamaha parts are being manufactured?? :ricky:

Clue; Yamaha motor corporation is Japanese.

AMZ, I will never understand this Jannie-Jammerbal attitude of; "I wanted a so and so but they would not sell me one" ???????

If I wanted a S10, or whatever bike, car, house, I will ensure that I find someone who I can buy one from.

Jannie Jammerbal?  Nee wat ek is minder Jannie Jammerbal as wat jy Sarel Suurgat is. Yamaha se diens in die geval was kak.  Super kak en ek het gekies om met my geld te stem. Vir BMW gestem.  Uitstekende besluit.

O ja,  ingeval jy dit gemis het,  Yamaha se diens was kak.

Jy het nie vir Yamaha "gespite" nie, net jouself. Nou sit jy met 2de keuse, omdat jy te slapgat was om n salesman te gaan vasvat.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• I've been to paradise, but i've never been to me....
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #226 on: October 02, 2013, 09:31:01 pm »
Sheldyn, wyse besluit om daai bloubul "challenge" af te haal.  ???

Offline Straddle

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
« Reply #227 on: October 03, 2013, 07:48:47 am »

This is the second time you ask about my bike.  Well,  first my bike is not standing.  Neither is my wife's.  Or any of my friends.  Or any of the Think Bike. Marshals.  See where I am going? All I have said (after clearly expressing that I feel for you in your situation)  was that this issue will not sink BMW because they still have more positive than negative customers.

If my bike was standing,  I'd be as unhappy as you. There is a difference though.  If my bike shorted two fairing panels and an air box snorkel,  I would have cable tied it into riding condition and rode and I would not have expected everyone else to be angry with the manufacturer.
Valid point taken
KTM 1290 R -
KTM 1290 Super Duke R
KTM 640