Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: BEWARE - ALL POTENTIAL BMW BUYERS  (Read 7795 times)

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
Re: BEWARE - ALL POTENTIAL BMW BUYERS
« Reply #120 on: September 28, 2013, 06:01:35 pm »

If you have enough money, and is ignorant enough in a certain field, you get ripped off without knowing. This is why these forums, and the complaints on it, can help the ignorant.

Not so.  These forums actually help the dealers.  On this forum,  for instance,  anything negative you say about a Beemer,  even when fact,  is summarily dismissed as trolling.  BMW dealers should pay you commission.
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Straddle

• Bike: KTM 1290 Adventure R
« Reply #121 on: September 28, 2013, 07:28:57 pm »
The sad and absolute truth is that it is only one factor that has enabled BMW to have this haughty and arrogant attitude towards the client that keeps them in business;

The client. :imaposer:

Even the client satisfied with BMW service, is also satisfied with paying too much for most things.

This is an economic fact. How else would the brand survive?

They will survive and remind the top seller because of providing excellent products and excellent service as they have in the past.   Just like any other manufacturer they will hit glitches,  resolve them,  carryon,  hit glitches,  resolve and carry on.    Their existence and growth, just like that of any other manufacturer does no test with screwed perceptions on Internet forums.  

I ride a Beemer for one reason only.  It was my 2nd choice of bike,  but after Yamaha who could apparently produce a accelerator cable for north's ark for 2SD in 7 days,  could not produce a S10 for me to test ride in a month.  That I could live with,  but it seems all phones in Yamaha dealers went out during that period as well.

Wait until your BMW fell over or you have a bit of an accident. Im sure you still pride yourself in your steed if you have to wait months on end to get it fixed. Or otherwise just claim a new bike. BMW cannot supply spares, so write it off and BMW sell another bike without aftermarket service, and insurance company is paying. Im sure Bethual will phone you within minutes of taking delivery of your new bike to assure you of their excellent service and customer support.
KTM 1290 R -
KTM 1290 Super Duke R
KTM 640

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #122 on: September 28, 2013, 07:55:58 pm »
The sad and absolute truth is that it is only one factor that has enabled BMW to have this haughty and arrogant attitude towards the client that keeps them in business;

Even the client satisfied with BMW service, is also satisfied with paying too much for most things.

They will survive and remind the top seller because of providing excellent products and excellent service as they have in the past.   Just like any other manufacturer they will hit glitches,  resolve them,  carryon,  hit glitches,  resolve and carry on.    Their existence and growth, just like that of any other manufacturer does no test with screwed perceptions on Internet forums.  

I ride a Beemer for one reason only.  It was my 2nd choice of bike,  but after Yamaha who could apparently produce a accelerator cable for north's ark for 2SD in 7 days,  could not produce a S10 for me to test ride in a month.  That I could live with,  but it seems all phones in Yamaha dealers went out during that period as well.

Wait until your BMW fell over or you have a bit of an accident. Im sure you still pride yourself in your steed if you have to wait months on end to get it fixed. Or otherwise just claim a new bike. BMW cannot supply spares, so write it off and BMW sell another bike without aftermarket service, and insurance company is paying. Im sure Bethual will phone you within minutes of taking delivery of your new bike to assure you of their excellent service and customer support.

Well,  like I said way earlier in this thread,  for every one disgruntled customer there are hundreds very happy with their bike and the service and that is their success.

We can run example after example,  but it won't resolve your problem,  nor your justified anger. 
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Straddle

« Reply #123 on: September 28, 2013, 08:49:07 pm »

Well,  like I said way earlier in this thread,  for every one disgruntled customer there are hundreds very happy with their bike and the service and that is their success.

We can run example after example,  but it won't resolve your problem,  nor your justified anger. 
We are all BMW customers and although I have a KTM, I also have 2 BMW's. I still think they have a great product BUT their customer support sucks. I was hoping that someone in the BMW organisation would pick up on this thread and just convey their problem to me and show me that they are serious to try and resolve their problem but instead BMW is ignoring me, THEIR CUSTOMER captive if I might add. As an example look at of WOA, if someone complain about their service, within a few hours Hentie would be openly explaining what is happening. BMW is advertising on this forum, why dont they answer to complaints openly.
KTM 1290 R -
KTM 1290 Super Duke R
KTM 640

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2013, 09:01:28 pm »
BMW as a company is unlikely to respond on a forum.
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Straddle

« Reply #125 on: September 28, 2013, 09:19:28 pm »
As a company they are unlikely to respond to anything especially to their customers.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 09:23:03 pm by Straddle »
KTM 1290 R -
KTM 1290 Super Duke R
KTM 640

Online 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #126 on: September 28, 2013, 10:41:13 pm »

If you have enough money, and is ignorant enough in a certain field, you get ripped off without knowing. This is why these forums, and the complaints on it, can help the ignorant.

Not so.  These forums actually help the dealers.  On this forum,  for instance,  anything negative you say about a Beemer,  even when fact,  is summarily dismissed as trolling.  BMW dealers should pay you commission.

This is when brandlove is indeed blind, when even fact is dismissed as trolling, and the BMW fanboy has lost the ability to see fact.
Like you rightly point out, anything negative said on this forum is dismissed as trolling.

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #127 on: September 29, 2013, 07:03:53 am »

This is when brandlove is indeed blind, when even fact is dismissed as trolling, and the BMW fanboy has lost the ability to see fact.
Like you rightly point out, anything negative said on this forum is dismissed as trolling.

THE Brandboy himself has spoken!  :notworthy:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #128 on: September 29, 2013, 07:05:31 am »

This

Wrong on all counts.   First,  I have no brand loyalty at all.  Second I very clearly stated whatever YOU say is seen to be trolling.  Even if responding to this post of yours I am not sure if you are serious,  or just trolling.  You do have the tendency, to a few posts into a discussion to suddenly say:" haha,  I caught them again".  Trolling behaviour, don't you agree?

The only person here,  blind to facts are you my dear Uncle.  BMW are experiencing global issues with parts.  No secret,  it is even in the mainstream world press for all to see.  I have no ideas (neither do you)  how many people in SA are affected.  You use the words "huge increase"  in complaints.,  so I assume you do have some idea.  Fact is,  total complaints on this forum? 2 or 3. Think Bike Forum?  0.  

It remains that a proper business model will solve the problem eventually and although BMW will take some strain and loose money,  sales and customers,  they will survive and continue being a top seller.  You can take a rest from the grave digging for now.  There are still way more happy than disgruntled customers.

You may not be able to make the distinction,  but I am talking company here,  not the bike.  You can go and change BMW in what I say above with Yamaha or Opel or Venter.  It remains true.  As long as their please many more customers than they piss off,  they will grow.
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #129 on: September 29, 2013, 07:06:52 am »
As a company they are unlikely to respond to anything especially to their customers.

Well,  that is the thing,  my experience so far has been exactly the opposite.
#33 #BRADICAL!

Online 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
« Reply #130 on: September 29, 2013, 08:31:47 am »
AMZ, really.

Check what you state on your own reply no 128.

Here you say that it is no secret that BMW is experiencing a worldwide parts "issue". 

Then you go on defending BMW by stating 2 or 3 complaints on WD's, and 0 on Think Bike forum.

So, in your eagerness to defend your BMW brand, you say there is both a parts crisis, and that there is none????

Who's the troll, baby who's the troll? :imaposer:

Online 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
« Reply #131 on: September 29, 2013, 08:33:51 am »

THE Brandboy himself has spoken!  :notworthy:

BUT......Yamaha brandboy's loyalty are formed naturally. It is an abomination of nature not to be a Yamaha fan. A blind one. :pot:

Offline Straddle

« Reply #132 on: September 29, 2013, 08:49:46 am »
The sad part is that like AMZ rightly stated is the fact that no matter how much i complain, I just have to except the fact that as a BMW customer (sadly by my own choice) im to their mercy for needed parts. In future before spending money on any brandname  i will do some homework first and hopefully find a thread like this one to steer me away from suppliers like BMW.
KTM 1290 R -
KTM 1290 Super Duke R
KTM 640

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #133 on: September 29, 2013, 08:51:38 am »
AMZ, really.

Check what you state on your own reply no 128.

Here you say that it is no secret that BMW is experiencing a worldwide parts "issue". 

Then you go on defending BMW by stating 2 or 3 complaints on WD's, and 0 on Think Bike forum.

So, in your eagerness to defend your BMW brand, you say there is both a parts crisis, and that there is none????

Who's the troll, baby who's the troll? :imaposer:

No Uncle Dan.  Word twisting is not doing it for you.  All of the above clearly supports my point that forums do not damage a company.  BMW have a parts supply problem.  A big one.  This is clear from international press.  Complaints on forums, almost nada.  Not difficult to understand.

You are the troll, baby you are the troll.   :laughing4: 
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #134 on: September 29, 2013, 08:56:23 am »
The sad part is that like AMZ rightly stated is the fact that no matter how much i complain, I just have to except the fact that as a BMW customer (sadly by my own choice) im to their mercy for needed parts. In future before spending money on any brandname  i will do some homework first and hopefully find a thread like this one to steer me away from suppliers like BMW.

The issue for me is that BMW have a problem with parts supply.  However hard they try (and I am not saying they are trying hard enough) it remains a problem.  This problem affects you very negatively and I feel for you in that regard, but to go forward and make your choice of product based on a thread like this on a forum, will almost certainly cause you to make the wrong choice.  It may steer you away from "suppliers like BMW" straight to one that is even worse! 
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline ptashark

• Bike: BMW F700GS
Re:
« Reply #135 on: September 29, 2013, 08:58:47 am »
Yep, every brand has its hiccups. Just sucks if the branches give bad customer service.

Online 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
« Reply #136 on: September 29, 2013, 08:59:57 am »
At this moment nobody is worse than BMW.

And AMZ , you would be surprised how scared business are of bad press on the internet.

Hello Peter.

Online 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
« Reply #137 on: September 29, 2013, 09:03:02 am »

Well,  that is the thing,  my experience so far has been exactly the opposite.

Well, how about we stop dillying and dallying here, AMZ you put your money where your mouth is, and if your experience is so wonderful, why then do you not organise the parts all these Wilddogs are waiting for?
Maybe we'll see you back here complaining too? :ricky:

Offline Straddle

« Reply #138 on: September 29, 2013, 09:11:22 am »

The issue for me is that BMW have a problem with parts supply.  However hard they try (and I am not saying they are trying hard enough) it remains a problem.  This problem affects you very negatively and I feel for you in that regard, but to go forward and make your choice of product based on a thread like this on a forum, will almost certainly cause you to make the wrong choice.  It may steer you away from "suppliers like BMW" straight to one that is even worse! 
Over the last 12 years of motorcycle ownership i had the following brands and I rate their support as follows - Suzuki - 9 out of 10 - Yamaha - 10 out of 10 - Kawasaki - never had one - KTM - 9 out of 10 - BMW - 0 out of 10 -  
KTM 1290 R -
KTM 1290 Super Duke R
KTM 640

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #139 on: September 29, 2013, 09:12:56 am »
At this moment nobody is worse than BMW.

And AMZ , you would be surprised how scared business are of bad press on the internet.

Hello Peter.

Nobody worse than BMW?  Typical 2SD statement that is trolling bait.

Ah yes, Hellopeter is NOT a internet forum, is it?  Anyway, BMW SA is not a "company who respond" on Hellopeter so they are not taking that very seiously either. It seems, most vehicle manufacturers are with BMW on that.

Interesting, current complaint versus compliment ratios:

BMW:  333 mentions. 12% compliments.  (It stinks huh?)
Yamaha:  20 mentions.  30% compliments. (Also not a company that responds)
Toyota:  359 mentions. 19% compliments. (Also a company that do not respond)
Mercedes Benz:  219 mentions. 10% compliments.  (Don't respond) (Worse than BMW, eh?)

#33 #BRADICAL!