Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: BEWARE - ALL POTENTIAL BMW BUYERS  (Read 7091 times)

Offline TheBear

Re: BEWARE - ALL POTENTIAL BMW BUYERS
« Reply #140 on: September 29, 2013, 09:14:26 am »

Well, how about we stop dillying and dallying here, AMZ you put your money where your mouth is, and if your experience is so wonderful, why then do you not organise the parts all these Wilddogs are waiting for?
Maybe we'll see you back here complaining too? :ricky:

Wow!  What a silly, trolling remark!  Whose the troll baby? 
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline TheBear

« Reply #141 on: September 29, 2013, 09:17:38 am »
Over the last 12 years of motorcycle ownership i had the following brands and I rate their support as follows - Suzuki - 9 out of 10 - Yamaha - 10 out of 10 - Kawasaki - never had one - KTM - 9 out of 10 - BMW - 0 out of 10 -  

Clearly BMW stinks for you. 

Over the past years, in my experience, I would rate them as follows:

Yamaha:  10 out of 10   (support and customer service on a 700 Raptor quad)
Yamaha:  0 out of 10 (trying to buy a S10)
Suzuki:  6 out of 10
BMW:  10 out of 10
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline TheBear

« Reply #142 on: September 29, 2013, 09:18:07 am »
Deleted double posting.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 09:44:38 am by AMZ »
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Straddle

• Bike: KTM 1290 Adventure R
« Reply #143 on: September 29, 2013, 09:20:19 am »
BMW as a company is unlikely to respond on a forum.
As a company they are unlikely to respond to anything especially to their customers.

Well,  that is the thing,  my experience so far has been exactly the opposite.

Well, how about we stop dillying and dallying here, AMZ you put your money where your mouth is, and if your experience is so wonderful, why then do you not organise the parts all these Wilddogs are waiting for?
Maybe we'll see you back here complaining too? :ricky:

AMZ just try and organize a email or phone call to keep the customer up to date of what is happening. BMW is not only having a parts problem, they are experiencing a complete breakdown in communication to their customers. Obviously a cashflow problem too otherwise the customer would not have to pay for parts upfront which they dont have in stock, not even in Germany.
KTM 1290 R -
KTM 1290 Super Duke R
KTM 640

Offline TheBear

« Reply #144 on: September 29, 2013, 09:22:38 am »

AMZ just try and organize a email or phone call to keep the customer up to date of what is happening. BMW is not only having a parts problem, they are experiencing a complete breakdown in communication to their customers. Obviously a cashflow problem too otherwise the customer would not have to pay for parts upfront which they dont have in stock, not even in Germany.

I agree with everything you say, but this points more to the specific dealer, rather than BMW SA, but that does not in anyway diminish your frustration. 

Have you tried getiing second hand parts from someone like Acme?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 09:26:28 am by AMZ »
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Straddle

« Reply #145 on: September 29, 2013, 09:32:30 am »

I agree with everything you say, but this points more to the specific dealer, rather than BMW SA. 
No it does not, I lodged my complaint with BMW SA, so we are beyond the dealer. The Artfull Dodger which is an employee of Auto Atlantic advised me on this forum that the problem is with BMW SA and i should follow up with them which i did. They responded to me once and never again. Im glad to see we are in agreement though.
KTM 1290 R -
KTM 1290 Super Duke R
KTM 640

Offline TheBear

« Reply #146 on: September 29, 2013, 09:40:16 am »
No it does not, I lodged my complaint with BMW SA, so we are beyond the dealer. The Artfull Dodger which is an employee of Auto Atlantic advised me on this forum that the problem is with BMW SA and i should follow up with them which i did. They responded to me once and never again. Im glad to see we are in agreement though.

Keep in mind, I have never said that you do not have a case to be really pissed off.  My points have always been that:

- BMW bikes are excellent products and owning one, riding one is a great experience. 
- BMW has always given me great service. 
- BMW will not fold and fall apart because they pissed off some customers. 

As for your specific case, there is no doubt that:

- BMW SA not responding is criminal.
- BMW Atlantic passing the buck is even worse.
- BMW Atlantic charging you for the parts prior to ordering is even worse!

Have you thought of sourcing the parts second hand from someone like Acme?

#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Straddle

« Reply #147 on: September 29, 2013, 09:44:22 am »

Keep in mind, I have never said that you do not have a case to be really pissed off.  My points have always been that:

- BMW bikes are excellent products and owning one, riding one is a great experience. 
- BMW has always given me great service. 
- BMW will not fold and fall apart because they pissed off some customers. 

As for your specific case, there is no doubt that:

- BMW SA not responding is criminal.
- BMW Atlantic passing the buck is even worse.
- BMW Atlantic charging you for the parts prior to ordering is even worse!

Have you thought of sourcing the parts second hand from someone like Acme?

That is the problem, this bike is a 2013 model, nobody got these parts, tried acme and everyone else in SA and also on ebay and other sites.
KTM 1290 R -
KTM 1290 Super Duke R
KTM 640

Offline TheBear

« Reply #148 on: September 29, 2013, 09:46:45 am »
That is the problem, this bike is a 2013 model, nobody got these parts, tried acme and everyone else in SA and also on ebay and other sites.

What a bummer! 

Is the bike rideable, or can you just sit there and drool?  (can't remember if you mentioned the parts in the thread)
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Straddle

« Reply #149 on: September 29, 2013, 10:02:40 am »

What a bummer! 

Is the bike rideable, or can you just sit there and drool?  (can't remember if you mentioned the parts in the thread)
Parts and part numbers is mentioned earlier in this thread. This bike was bought to fix so that my son could join me in DS riding to get him away from superbikes. We actually sold the 660 thinking that the GS would be the better option. Since March he could not do one trip with me so he actually gave up on me to get this bike back on the road.
KTM 1290 R -
KTM 1290 Super Duke R
KTM 640

Offline TheBear

« Reply #150 on: September 29, 2013, 11:09:46 am »
Parts and part numbers is mentioned earlier in this thread.

Oh.  Okay.
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• A Virus expert
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #151 on: September 29, 2013, 12:30:24 pm »

Well, you are here, are'nt you? :3some:

Offline TheBear

« Reply #152 on: September 29, 2013, 12:41:17 pm »

Indeed.  I am.  I was recently appointed the BMW Troll Removal Manager.   :lamer:

I fear I may get fired as I am failing miserably with you.   :ricky:
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• A Virus expert
  • Castrated Dog
« Reply #153 on: September 29, 2013, 01:06:47 pm »

Indeed.  I am.  I was recently appointed the BMW Troll Removal Manager.   :lamer:

I fear I may get fired as I am failing miserably with you.   :ricky:

To be a successful BMW troll remover, BMW need to get you on a Yamaha.  :imaposer:

Offline badseed

• Ride the adventure
  • KTM 990S, KTM690R , Vespa 200GT
    • www.wildwood.capetown
« Reply #154 on: September 29, 2013, 01:26:20 pm »
Not only the dealer!
With my scooter debacle they casually said parts available perhaps only next year , so tough cheese and suck eggs for six months. But we won't give you a refund on your six month old bike we have been trying to fix for ..err , five months already. Oh and your buddy's scooter that has been standing over there for six months with the same issue will also just have to stay standing there. Now fuck off and be happy with your loan bike ( with R100000,00 rand insurance excess) .

Request to the factory for a refund or a swop on a similar priced alternative bike also denied.
Owner WildWood Motorcycle Tours South Africa

Offline badseed

• Ride the adventure
  • KTM 990S, KTM690R , Vespa 200GT
    • www.wildwood.capetown
« Reply #155 on: September 29, 2013, 01:30:21 pm »
Not only the dealer!
With my scooter debacle they casually said parts available perhaps only next year , so tough cheese and suck eggs for six months. But we won't give you a refund on your six month old bike we have been trying to fix for ..err , five months already. Oh and your buddy's scooter that has been standing over there for six months with the same issue will also just have to stay standing there. Now fuck off and be happy with your loan bike ( with R100000,00 rand insurance excess) .

Request to the factory for a refund or a swop on a similar priced alternative bike also denied.
Owner WildWood Motorcycle Tours South Africa

Offline 2StrokeDan

• A Virus expert
  • Castrated Dog
« Reply #156 on: September 29, 2013, 05:17:44 pm »
BMW has, in a pathetic attempt to make even more money out of zobos, began to outsource cylinder heads to Malaysia, cranks to Korea, casings to China, electrics to Britain,
bearings to Spain, frames to China, plastics to a colony of China, handlebar grips to Haiti, forks to China, swingarms to Zanzibar, chains to Turkey, clutches to farmworkers in China,
gearbox clusters to children of farmworkers in China, and so forth.

Now, when any corporation do the above, it is always wise to make notes as to who does what for you where. So you can order correctly to at least keep the client happy
for receiving stuff.

The client is still gonna be pissed about the quality.

Offline TheBear

« Reply #157 on: September 30, 2013, 08:13:44 am »
BMW has, in a pathetic attempt to make even more money out of zobos, began to outsource cylinder heads to Malaysia, cranks to Korea, casings to China, electrics to Britain,
bearings to Spain, frames to China, plastics to a colony of China, handlebar grips to Haiti, forks to China, swingarms to Zanzibar, chains to Turkey, clutches to farmworkers in China,
gearbox clusters to children of farmworkers in China, and so forth.

Now, when any corporation do the above, it is always wise to make notes as to who does what for you where. So you can order correctly to at least keep the client happy
for receiving stuff.

The client is still gonna be pissed about the quality.

Well now, why would a zobo even know what quality is, to be pissed about it?

Did you call me a zobo?

What the hell is a zobo? Which one are you refering to!?

- Zobo is also the word in the Hausa language for the edible plant Hibiscus sabdariffa.
- Zobo Funn Band, a rock 'n roll/jazz band
- "Zobo" is the nickname of Abdulkadir Mohamed Adan, a leader of the Somali Democratic Movement, a faction in Somali Civil War
- Zobo was the project codename for the Triumph Herald
- Zobo is a track from the album Tokyo 2674, published by the Italian composer of contemporary music Niccolo Faraci

Did you mean Zozo?

Did you mean Bozo?

SPEAK UP MAN!

:imaposer:
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 08:17:38 am by AMZ »
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline lecap

« Reply #158 on: September 30, 2013, 08:31:35 am »
Misspelling of Bozo the clown isn't that obvious?
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." (Red Adair)

Offline Straddle

« Reply #159 on: September 30, 2013, 08:59:46 am »
Followed up on parts this morning - reply made my blood boil - BMW is too busy manufacturing bikes, they can't supply certain parts at the moment, nobody has got any idea of when parts will be available - Not even Germany.
KTM 1290 R -
KTM 1290 Super Duke R
KTM 640