Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: I love my LC!!  (Read 7788 times)

Offline jj le roux

• Bike: AJS (all models)
I love my LC!!
« on: September 15, 2013, 11:25:11 am »
Tell us about your LC. What you've enjoyed most about it. Sadly circumstances have led to a lot of negative criticism and publicity but I'm sure it can't be all bad??

Tell us your story even post some pictures if you will. 
1981 BMW R80G/S, 1984 BMW R80G/S, BMW 1955 R50, BMW R80 Kalahari

Offline laurika

• hoessenaam van hydrabad...
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • helmet hair is very cool....everyone says so
Re: I love my LC!!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 11:28:13 am »
are u thinking of changing over JJ?

"There is no happiness for him who does not travel...Therefore, wander... The fortune of him who is sitting sits, it rises when he rises, it sleeps when he sleeps, it moves when he moves... Therefore, wander!"...The Rig Veda - 800 - 600 BC..

bmw F650GS/ XT 660 R

Offline jj le roux

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 11:33:26 am »
are u thinking of changing over JJ?

Yes Laurika I am.

Offline laurika

• hoessenaam van hydrabad...
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • helmet hair is very cool....everyone says so
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 11:51:18 am »
speak to sgb and jan staal and hoofseun..i have only heard them say good things. :thumleft:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 11:52:24 am by laurika »

"There is no happiness for him who does not travel...Therefore, wander... The fortune of him who is sitting sits, it rises when he rises, it sleeps when he sleeps, it moves when he moves... Therefore, wander!"...The Rig Veda - 800 - 600 BC..

bmw F650GS/ XT 660 R

Offline jj le roux

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 12:02:01 pm »
speak to sgb and jan staal and hoofseun..i have only heard them say good things. :thumleft:
Haven't spoken to Jan yet but having said that this thread is not a attempt to convince me otherwise but rather to hear all the good things, the positive riding experiences. Most of the time this and other forums can become so negative, an ego flinging mud swinging arena. Yes we can't ignore what's being said but no reason for it to overshadow such an awesome bike. I tested it and its been keeping me awake. It's a beautiful bike if anything.

Offline SGB

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • 1190R / 1200 GS LC / Husaberg TE 300
    • DS Rider Training
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 01:31:59 pm »
Did a ride with some customers and friends of Sovereign, our local dealership this morning.  It was not about fast riding, more single track stuff with a bit of railway ballast and sporadic up and down and sideways fun.  Although we did clear the throats a little in the linking gravel road sections.  The bike's performance is incredible and the suspension in the Enduro Pro mode for this kind of riding is impressive.  I can't wait for the Karoo 3's, which I will fit in time for the ECO - still have a track day at Phakisa before that.  My take on this bike is - it may not be perfect, but it is (s)miles better in every way than the previous GS.  With all our slow, fast, technical and tar riding today, I always felt fully in control, and the operating the potentiometer on the right side handle is a positive experience every time.  This bike is winning the awards out there.  It is not by chance.   :thumleft:
www.countrytrax.co.za

Riding a bike is not just about riding the bike....
Do not believe everything you think....

Offline >Herman<

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • If not now, when?
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 01:40:01 pm »
Did a ride with some customers and friends of Sovereign, our local dealership this morning.  It was not about fast riding, more single track stuff with a bit of railway ballast and sporadic up and down and sideways fun.  Although we did clear the throats a little in the linking gravel road sections.  The bike's performance is incredible and the suspension in the Enduro Pro mode for this kind of riding is impressive.  I can't wait for the Karoo 3's, which I will fit in time for the ECO - still have a track day at Phakisa before that.  My take on this bike is - it may not be perfect, but it is (s)miles better in every way than the previous GS.  With all our slow, fast, technical and tar riding today, I always felt fully in control, and the operating the potentiometer on the right side handle is a positive experience every time.  This bike is winning the awards out there.  It is not by chance.   :thumleft:

I concur. The LC is a lekker ride.  :thumleft:

Offline Slaaiblaar

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 06:10:43 pm »
Came from riding an 800, I love my LC the wife loves my LC. Only think I do not like is the loud clunky gearbox. Have not been  on gravel yet, can not decide on with crash bar to buy and those knoppe on the side will not take a drop well without bars

My 800was better going over speed bumps,  never needed to slow down

Offline Crankshaft

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2013, 07:26:44 pm »
My LC het nou 2000km op.  Loop soos 'n droom. Sit ook lekker op die grond pad sowel as op teer.  En wat lekker is, as jy daai regter oor draai, dan laat loop hy.

My vrou ry ook gereeld saam en is baie impressed hoe lekker die bike ry op grond en teer.  Net een ding, ek dink BMW kon dalk 'n groter screen opgesit het.
 :thumleft:
KDX 200
YFZ 450
BMW R1200GS LC
BMW R1200GS ADV LC
Current: R1200GS ADV LC

Offline jj le roux

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 08:55:21 am »
My LC het nou 2000km op.  Loop soos 'n droom. Sit ook lekker op die grond pad sowel as op teer.  En wat lekker is, as jy daai regter oor draai, dan laat loop hy.

My vrou ry ook gereeld saam en is baie impressed hoe lekker die bike ry op grond en teer.  Net een ding, ek dink BMW kon dalk 'n groter screen opgesit het.
 :thumleft:

I must say I love the white. It's so happens I have my eye on one.

Offline HermanH

• Bike: Italjet (all models)
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2013, 09:29:23 am »
I have had mine for approximately 3 or 4 months! 9,500 km and the only issues I have are with the crappy Metzeler tyres they fit, oh and availability of replacement tyres, other than Metzeler!

I love the bike!

Offline Davew

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2013, 03:33:39 pm »
100% happy with the bike so far.
No mechanical or ride issues in 3-odd thousand km
Better ride and real life riding/performance than the previous generation. I had occaision to borrow a 2010 model for a day after a few months on my LC - I wont be going back...

Lovely to cruise on, one up or two;
Great on gravel and good single tracks;
Can't comment on anything more technical than that, not done it yet;
Ride modes do seem to work well, though I admit to being lazy to use them most of the time;
Fuel consumption pretty good, much better than my last two oil heads.

Had gripes initially on accessory availability initially, but I expected that.

All in all a good bike for my needs and riding style.

Cheers

Offline BikerJan

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2013, 04:30:31 pm »
My 1200 LC.

I love the smooth power, the wet clutch, the fact that the suspension, traction control and ABS can be switched between modes without the need to stop. I love the steering feel, light but sure footed.

I love the fact that the bike do not bottom out, and will therefore not require a suspension upgrade like my 2012 model.

Here is mine, showing some of the farkles sold to me by Pauli!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 04:41:18 pm by BikerJan »

Offline jj le roux

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2013, 10:23:33 pm »
My 1200 LC.

I love the smooth power, the wet clutch, the fact that the suspension, traction control and ABS can be switched between modes without the need to stop. I love the steering feel, light but sure footed.

I love the fact that the bike do not bottom out, and will therefore not require a suspension upgrade like my 2012 model.

and all along I was under the impression the grey/charcoal was the popular color...

Offline jj le roux

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2013, 10:27:53 pm »
I have had mine for approximately 3 or 4 months! 9,500 km and the only issues I have are with the crappy Metzeler tyres they fit, oh and availability of replacement tyres, other than Metzeler!

I love the bike!

9500 km in just 3 months on a bike is good going. I reckon more then most will do in a year. Awesome!! Hope you get the tyres soon. Maybe Pauli wanna post some pictures of his LC with the Karoo 3's???

Offline GSing

• Direct Your Adventure
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2013, 11:11:43 pm »
Vanmiddag daai Karoo's gekry........LEKKER MAN....LEKKER!! Nou lyk daai ou die besigheid!! Sal more bietjie foto opsit!

Offline Crankshaft

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2013, 10:50:38 am »
Vanmiddag daai Karoo's gekry........LEKKER MAN....LEKKER!! Nou lyk daai ou die besigheid!! Sal more bietjie foto opsit!

JAAAAA, wys ons ASB man!!!  :biggrin: :lol8: :thumleft:
KDX 200
YFZ 450
BMW R1200GS LC
BMW R1200GS ADV LC

Offline Crankshaft

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2013, 10:51:52 am »
My 1200 LC.

and all along I was under the impression the grey/charcoal was the popular color...

Nee ek dink die wit is by verre die mees populerste van die lot.  Toe ek een wou koop het ek omtrent gesukkel om 'n wit een te kry.
KDX 200
YFZ 450
BMW R1200GS LC
BMW R1200GS ADV LC

Offline Davew

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2013, 07:01:38 am »

We want a detailed RR on those tyres on the LC, please!  :sip:

Offline COLES

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2013, 08:14:34 am »

ONE SATURDAY DEMO RIDE AND I WAS HOOKED NOW OWN A RED LC ALL ROUND GREAT BIKE

THANKS JOEL