West Coast with the Old Boy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubiblue

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 790 Adventure R
I always recall my old man being my hero. Still is. He put me on my first bike when I was probably 4 or 5 (cant really recall the order of them though: ItalJet, pw50, pw80, yz80, kx80, dt50, cr125, kx125, kdx200, ktm 250sx, then a gap in my riding career, then 2 x BMW F800GS's). Been fun, besides the many broken bones, injured body and torn ligaments, drown bikes at our holiday house, etc. I am sure the same applies to my 4 brothers as well.

He has given me the gift of true freedom. And for that I am truly thankful. The ability to get away from all my troubles, deafening wind in my ears, seeing places that most will not have the oppertunity to and the want to explore the world (not only on bikes, but personal and business journeys). The need/want to see what else is out there and not be afraid to do things, regardless of the outcome (within boundaries).

I have had the pleasure of riding with him many times, some longer trips included. With the upcoming birth of my son, I knew I had to get away for a few days, because when the second kid comes, I have heard life gets a "little" hectic. I was toying with the idea of heading to Zambia + Moz, but was battling to find a side kick. After a recent JHB visit form the old boy, we decided to head up the West Coast, as neither of us had really seen that part of the country. And so it was on, My Dad and me, some bonding time, doing what we both love, for 6 days. See some flowers if we were to be some lucky, kill some kilos, stay at decent B&B's (this was a holiday after all), drink some beer and wine, bond a little and of course have some fun.

We decided to both trailer to Beaufort West, and then head North West. To be honest not much was planned, other than secured Accomodation at various places and a rough route (T4A pulled some beauties out for us - more about Tracks4Africa later).

9lnl.jpg

mbtm.jpg

4u3a.jpg

3zo3.jpg