WILD DOG Bash 2008

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boertjie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
OK, the 2007 year end Bash at Hoggsback was a great success. It was my first official event with the fellow WDs, excluding a local ride here and there. I want more.

I do not normally make new yearâ??s resolutions, but this year I definitely want to do a few thingsâ?¦.

1. I will go to the 2008 BASHâ?¦ where-ever;
2. Lovy agreed to me doing a (soloâ?¦ Boertjie along with other WDs hopefully) weeklong trip anywhere any time;
3. I want to do more rides with the local WDs on weekends.
4. OHHHâ?¦ and world peace!

Back to the bashâ?¦

When does the discussion of the next venue dates etc start to happen? I started working again today and am looking at the planning for the year... first things first. I decided to first plan my leave, then everything else around that.

At the 2007 Y-E Bash, there was talk of a fully self-sufficient Bash for 2008â?¦ you bring everything you need and consume on the bikeâ?¦ no support vehicles or shops around. Michnus did promise ice.

When? Where? and what is the account number to pay for my attendance?

I liked the fact that most WDs had to do a roughly equal amount of riding to get to the Bashâ?¦ except the PE guys who rode more hours on less kms. I think the same rational should again be used. May I suggest somewhere next to the Orange river near Upington or somewhere out there. Lots of gravel travel in that part of the world.

Then alsoâ?¦

How about a regional Bash midyear or earlier to avoid the wettest period of the year for Capies? Or do we just organise that at a local level... start a threat and run with it?

Let's hear the thinking please.