BRAAI NOU....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vis Arend

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-250 Rally
It was National Braai Day and what better way than to enjoy it on our bikes and with family and friends.

The “kuiken” was at our place on holiday and we thought it would be a good idée to go on a scenic ride to Gubu dam and enjoy a braai there.  JMOL heard of our plans and ask if he and his wife could join us.  The more the merrier.

The days ride would be roughly 150 kays and we had plenty time to get there.  JMOL came from East London and we left King William’s Town at 09:00.  3 Kays outside King we were on the gravel towards Rooikrans dam and Pirrie dam.  From there it was a short stint on tar and then a short route through the forest to Gubu dam.  At Gubu we had a lovely braai en just chilled.  We took the same route back home and were 16:00 back home. 

As always,  wifey had a field day with the camera.

Let the picture do the talking.

Ready for the road and filling up

Waiting for JMOL

3 Kay’s out town the first gravel

On route to Rooikrans dam

Rooikrans dam

Gubu Dam

Sexy ass

Flattie, I don’t know what happened here.  I was doing around 80 km/h and all of a sudden the wheel went flat, like in flat, running of the rim.  I had my hand full keeping the scoot in a straight line, but managed.  We stopped and pump the wheel.  I couldn’t find a puncture.  We carried on and had no problems thereafter.

On our way to the forest.

We were stopped by and official and asked to take an alternative route to Gubu dam, they were working in the forest and were afraid of fires.  We obliged and took the alternative route.