Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Bike Lisensie  (Read 1436 times)

Anonymous

Bike Lisensie
« on: February 01, 2006, 09:02:52 am »
Hi almal,

ek wil net gou hoor of julle ouens weet watse boek ek kan koop wat die bike lisensie roetine mooi verduidelik en duidelik uitwys vir mens.

Ek gan die 24 Februarie vir my lisensie?

Dankie
Martin :)

Offline Grootseun

Bike Lisensie
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 09:23:36 am »
Martin,

BMW bied 'n k35 kursus aan (2 ure dink ek) dis R200 of so, ek het nog net goeie terugvoer gehad daarvan  (http://www.bmw-motorrad.co.za/xtra/academy/default2.asp) Ek dink dit is die beste opsie, en gaan dit definitief binnekort self doen.

Groete

Offline JCP777

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • www.jcphoto.co.za
Bike Lisensie
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 09:33:07 am »
Martn

Is this a learners you going for??

The BMW course for the actual test is gr8, also helps if you not goign in PTA/ Centurion to go with a local driving school as they know what each test grounds is looking for, but learners is quite easy.

Where have you booked?
JCP777

Offline JourneyMan

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • Pretoria
Bike Lisensie
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 09:33:49 am »
Martin

Bla-Bla Black Sheep's got my book so you can get it from him if you want to. Just Pm him and make arrangements.  

Is this learner's or the practical?

If learner's, do your study work! Do not think you can do it without doing studying. It gets confusing once you have to choose an answer between three options and all are close to the truth. Its not a simple matter of Easily identifiable signs which we see in everyday commuting. Theory/rules/signs/combinations of signs/road marks etc.

I still have to do the practical and would definately do a course for this. Most licensed guys I know advised this. It's not about you not able to ride and handling the bike but rather being prepared for the specific tests that you need to pass. They are very strict on certain things and fail you immediately for example, if you let the bike move backwards at any stage and touch/cross any of the lines on the test sections.

Good luck!
He who angers you, controls you.

Offline wino

• Old Boys Club
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
Bike Lisensie
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 09:35:25 am »
i'm doing the bmw session next week wednesday. R150. hopefully i don't need to buy any book then.

Anonymous

Bike Lisensie
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 09:56:23 am »
thanks guys, its for the License, and it is at Centurion test centre!

Offline Reg

• Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Failure is not an option.
    • GDI
Bike Lisensie
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 10:37:37 am »
Hi

I did my test at the Centurion test center.  They are a reasonable bunch, and will not fail you unless you pay them. (Like some other testing centers I have heard of)

Have a look at
http://www.flamesonmytank.co.za/navigation.htm

Find a parking lot and practice your emergency stops and lane switching. The important this is your speed, practice this. Most of it will be in first gear.

Good luck.

Later
Regards

Reg

To fly is great, to hover is awesome. Ex- Helicopter Pilot.. for now. Past Bikes: XL650V XL1000V (Dero)

Anonymous

Bike Lisensie
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 11:10:51 am »
aa thanks man, hopefully I will pass it the first time!

Offline Reg

• Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Failure is not an option.
    • GDI
Bike Lisensie
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006, 11:15:54 am »
Pleasure, please excuse the typo's, was not concentrating, just got back from a solo flight where I had an engine failure.... not fun, but I am still alive, and the helicopter is unharmed. Happened about ten feet of the ground, so I just needed to land.
Regards

Reg

To fly is great, to hover is awesome. Ex- Helicopter Pilot.. for now. Past Bikes: XL650V XL1000V (Dero)

Offline Lootch67

• Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
Bike Lisensie
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2006, 01:27:07 pm »
Quote from: "Reg"
Pleasure, please excuse the typo's, was not concentrating, just got back from a solo flight where I had an engine failure.... not fun, but I am still alive, and the helicopter is unharmed. Happened about ten feet of the ground, so I just needed to land.

Holy S***!! Glad to hear you're OK.
98 Black AT & the wheel from a 04 KLR 650.

Offline chrisB

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
Bike Lisensie
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2006, 05:23:53 pm »
I have booked my BMW course for 6 March, R150 and will attempt the license 16 March, to prepare for the learners you could also use http://www.salearners.co.za register there for 45 bucks or so and practise the learners exam!
G650 Xchallenge - uBerThuMper II

Offline droffarc

• Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
  • Cape Toon
    • http://droffarc.wikispaces.com
Bike Lisensie
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2006, 05:30:41 pm »
Quote from: "Reg"

REG! I TOLD YOU NOT TO WHEELIE THE CHOPPER!
Glad to hear you made it without harm - now you know what it is like to deal with that kind of sit u ation. :tongue8:
http://droffarc.wikispaces.com
"..explore the beautiful surroundings via some of the roads less travelled. "
It is far easier to destroy than to create.
I came, I saw, I came again!
Biking since 1978