BMW Atlantic Motorrad - I was taken for a ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moonhicken

Pack Dog
Reaction score
FirstlyI had an accident on my bike 3 months ago; the bike was not in riding condition.

It was dropped off at Altantic motorrad and I asked them to do a quote for the insurance.
I got the quote 2 hours later.

After negotiations with my insurance, it was decided they would pay me out and I would have the bike fixed privately. (This was 10 days after dropping the bike off).

When I picked up the bike , they wanted to charge me R7000 for storage and quoting!!! After enquiring as to how they could charge me so much, they dropped it to R5000. They would not release the bike without payment,

I was really upset after that and I posted a complaint on Hello Peter. I got a call from Ruan the next day, or 2 days later, and he said that if I post on Hellopeter and Facebook (by the end of the day) that the matter had been resolved, and if I called BMW Motorrad and told them the matter had been sorted, that they would reimburse me R3000.00. I did what they asked immediately, and thanked them.

It is now 2.5 months later.

For all this time I have been calling endlessly. Leaving numerous messages for Ruan to call me back. He NEVER did.
When I DID manage to get hold of him he would say 'Oh, haven't they paid you yet? I was told you had been paid. I will chat to them now and call you back'. THAT never happened.

Last week Ruan eventually said I should speak to Johnny. I did. And he said he would investigate and call me back.
He never called back.

Today I called him again and he is blatantly refusing to refund me.

I am SO DISGUSTED at them. I am surprised that a company can still be in business after offering such shocking service and lies.