Who is the crook and......................?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lakey

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Who else is being ripped off?
I need to explain the whole story
A contact at a car dealership(they dont do any bike deals) happened to mention that they had a bike they were trying to get rid of.
The story is  that on closing down a branch they came across a receipt book with a BMW GS800 in it.
On further investigation, it turned out their branch manager had accept it as a trade in ( +-R76 000)
He then proceeded to use it as his "company car" on weekends etc.
He was subsequently dismissed. the dealership then sent the bike to a bike dealer to be sold but becase of iside info , I could deal direct with car dealer at 10k less than bike dealers price.
No info on history of bike was available. They just wanted it off their books and would take a 10k loss.
thank goodness for BMW. traced the owner to FS and in conversation, he says"But I was insured by BMW insure and I had an accident with said bike. They decided to write it off and payed me out".
The bike also had the name ACME attached to its service history.
Now this bike is not registered as a code 3 on registration papers but "used". Basically, it was never scrapped.
I contacted my connection and explained the situation which caused some serious mayhem as this bike has already cost them. I told them I would still be interested if the bike was checked out and found ok
but with arevised offer including service etc. BMW checked it out and their finding was that frame was out by 25mm and tolerance is between 5 and 11 mm. Opinion: Dont touch it!

Now. How do they get away with this? Is it insurance or salvage companies or licencing dept?
Surely if insurance write it off, it is atoumatically a code 3?
Is this not fraud?
How many others have benn caught out?

Im just glad BMW s have tracability and I did my homework
Chris