Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: 2014 Huskies drool!  (Read 1984 times)

Offline swart skaap

• Deleted Users
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
2014 Huskies drool!
« on: October 06, 2013, 12:12:52 am »

"Husqvarna have returned to their Swedish roots as they launch their 2014 model range in Sweden.

Husqvarna, the brand with Swedish origins and a rich history of racing success on Saturday October 5, 2013 presented its new 2014 model range of motocross and enduro bikes to the international media in Uddevalla, home of the annual MXGP of Sweden.

By choosing the Swedish venue for the model launch, Husqvarna Motorcycles paid homage to the brand’s long and distinguished associations with the country."

"Husqvarna was a major protagonist in the pioneering era of motocross especially in the late 1950s and 1960s with legends like Bill Nilsson, Torsten Halmann and Rolf Tibblin. This tradition continued in the 1970s with riders like Bent Aberg and Heikki Mikkola, and era when American heroes like Malcolm Smith also chose Husqvarna as their racing weapon of choice.

In keeping with the brand’s core business, the new Husqvarna model range focuses on offroad competition bikes for both motocross and enduro racing disciplines. The range underlines the Husqvarna tradition of top quality as expressed in the seven enduro models."

"Now with the re-launch of the brand, Husqvarna is set to satisfy today’s leading riders by delivering a full range of high performance machines. All Husqvarna motorcycles are manufactured in the production hub of Mattighofen in Austria, a plant considered one of the most advanced in Europe.

All of the 2014 Husqvarna bikes feature a super light chromium molybdenum steel frame with polyamide rear subframe (not carbon fiber as suggested), a completely new innovation for motocross machines. They all have advanced, fully adjustable WP suspension and are driven by powerful and reliable engines ensuring they are firmly positioned at the top end of the offroad segment.

Enduro Model Range

For 2014 Husqvarna offers a big range of very competitive two and four stroke high-tech enduro bikes.

The TE125, 250 and 300 cc with two stroke engines goes together with the four stroke FE250, 350, 450 and 501 cc. All models feature the advanced WP 4CS closed cartridge front fork with four separate chambers, which represents a premium class, front-end suspension system. The enduro range – except the TE125 – feature electric starters.

The rear features an advanced shock with linkage system especially developed for enduro use, which is robust and effective for easy handling over rough terrain and for absorbing big hits. At the same time, the bikes are designed to provide optimal traction over smaller ruts and bumps."

All Husaberg bikes with minor tweaks.. nice

FE350

FC350

FC250

TC85

TC300
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 12:25:19 am by swart skaap »

-- Jou lekke ding! --

Offline Tuareg

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Braap....
Re: 2014 Huskies drool!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 08:13:56 am »
I wonder how long it will be before someone starts selling Husaberg sticker kits for the Husqvarna range....??
Present: Yamaha TW 200Husaberg FE 650KTM 990 Adv RHonda XR650R
Past: KTM 450 XC-WKTM 950 Adv

Offline Berm_Rooster

• is childish hooligan, not a
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • Mossel Bay every other 6 weeks
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 08:15:40 am »
:drif:

Offline Berm_Rooster

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 08:17:43 am »
I wonder how long it will be before someone starts selling Husaberg sticker kits for the Husqvarna range....??

So, for the unenlightened, what does this mean? Did Hq buy Hb? or the other way round?

Offline Tuareg

• Braap....

Offline Berm_Rooster

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 08:33:27 am »
Thanks. :mwink:

Offline Fenderbender

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Robertson
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 08:53:13 am »
I liked the red and white colours .  :xxbah:

Offline Tuareg

• Braap....
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 11:47:00 am »
I was ad to hear that the Husaberg brand was being incorporated into Husky, but I quite like the look of the bikes
I think they've done well to appease both camps, without completely alienating either side

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 06:02:39 pm »

Think the days of Red and White are Over --for now -

Maybe later one or two models with those colors to come out.

They have done Pretty Ok I mho to have a few bikes out for the 2014 range with all the take over issues etc. 2015 will most probably be the real true reflection as to what they have planned for Husky with Husaberg being swallowed up -

The ROOF Of Africa will be interesting this year if things pan out

Maybe even have a Husky on the podium --

Jarvis ---- Wade Young --- or Lettinger   ::)
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline Rough Rider

• Hang time
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 06:22:08 pm »

They have done Pretty Ok I mho to have a few bikes out for the 2014 range with all the take over issues etc. 2015 will most probably be the real true reflection as to what they have planned for Husky with Husaberg being swallowed up -

What about Altus ??
Current rides: 2015 WR250F / 2016 690R / 2017 701SM

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2013, 06:28:55 pm »

What about Altus ??

Still on Husky --Husaberg ---but by the looks of it he will be riding his old bikes --Doubt that he will get the new one just yet --- Still issues with Husaberg - Husqvarna and KTM to be sorted in SA.--

hopefully Altus has a good mechanic in his pits this year --been a bit of a laugh how things went wrong for Lettie last year on the Roof with mechanics ???
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline Fenderbender

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Robertson
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2013, 06:42:38 pm »

What about Altus ??

Julle kan hom maar dophou , hy gaan nog groot dinge doen . Lyk my hy het nou ook n baie beter sponsor as wat hy gehad het .

Offline sidetrack

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2013, 08:24:15 pm »
The bikes looks great but I really hope they bring us something for the dual sport crowd. Luckily with KTM now in charge it will be more 690 and less Terra Strada, or so we hope.
Little by little, one travels far

J.R.R Tolkien
Ride reports :
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=134175.0 Penge's pass and the Old Forest http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=9421.0 - Orange Atlantic adventure http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=7514.0 - 805 km day trip http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=20260.0 - East Cape Bash http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=70199.0 - Two KTM thumpers head north

Offline Rough Rider

• Hang time
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2013, 09:36:27 am »
The bikes looks great but I really hope they bring us something for the dual sport crowd. Luckily with KTM now in charge it will be more 690 and less Terra Strada, or so we hope.

The new Husky are just Husabergs, and there were no dual sport Husabergs, so don't hold your breath.

I will never buy one of these new Husqvarnas :xxbah: and if KTM sells them in SA I will be even more pissed off.
I will rather spend my money on Sherco, Beta or Gas Gas  :thumleft:
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 09:38:06 am by Rough Rider »

Offline sidetrack

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2013, 09:54:16 am »

The new Husky are just Husabergs, and there were no dual sport Husabergs, so don't hold your breath.

I will never buy one of these new Husqvarnas :xxbah: and if KTM sells them in SA I will be even more pissed off.

Well if there is any hope of a proper offroad worthy light dual sport except the 690 I guess it would be the company that produced the 610 era bikes - MV Augusta / Cagiva. Not sure what their financial situation is like but I would like to see an updated 650 class bike from them.
Little by little, one travels far

J.R.R Tolkien
Ride reports :
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=134175.0 Penge's pass and the Old Forest http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=9421.0 - Orange Atlantic adventure http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=7514.0 - 805 km day trip http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=20260.0 - East Cape Bash http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=70199.0 - Two KTM thumpers head north

Offline swart skaap

• Deleted Users
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2013, 11:50:00 am »

Why are you against the new Husky?
It's much closer to its origin than before. Perhaps you miss the Italian influence it used to have?

Only negative in my view, is that it looses its unique factor.

+1 for Beta and Gas Gas. Did you see how cool the dash of the Beta RS range is?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 11:50:47 am by swart skaap »

-- Jou lekke ding! --

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2013, 01:18:36 pm »

I suppose it all comes down to what the original intention was when he bought Husky from BMW.  I'm not sure what he paid, but what ever it was, it must be a lot of money just to enable him to call a Husaberg a Husky!  I dont see the advantage he gained by doing that, if thats all it was about.

I tend to agree with Blazes what you are seeing is just a temporary measure to keep things going the year after the acquisition, and the real strategy (if any) will unfold in the future.

I for one am a lot happier with Husky going back to proper dirt bikes, even if that means a leaning on Husaberg designs in the short term, than the BMW philosophy of "its a cheap road bike with some off-road capability".

Of course the key question for us is what about the DS models, will they update them?

I suppose only time will tell.

But imagine a 610 with Husaberg orientated improvements!
Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.

Offline swart skaap

• Deleted Users
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2013, 02:08:13 pm »
Exactly.

It is obvious that KTM re-brands the same bikes with relatively subtle changes (sub frame/ forks/ plastics) They will most likely offer a white/blue 690 :(

-- Jou lekke ding! --

Offline Rough Rider

• Hang time
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2013, 02:18:21 pm »

Why are you against the new Husky?

Because it is a KTM and not a Husky; if I want a KTM I will buy a KTM.

Offline Rough Rider

• Hang time
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2013, 02:26:59 pm »

I suppose it all comes down to what the original intention was when he bought Husky from BMW.  I'm not sure what he paid, but what ever it was, it must be a lot of money just to enable him to call a Husaberg a Husky!  I dont see the advantage he gained by doing that, if thats all it was about.

I tend to agree with Blazes what you are seeing is just a temporary measure to keep things going the year after the acquisition, and the real strategy (if any) will unfold in the future.

I for one am a lot happier with Husky going back to proper dirt bikes, even if that means a leaning on Husaberg designs in the short term, than the BMW philosophy of "its a cheap road bike with some off-road capability".

Of course the key question for us is what about the DS models, will they update them?

I suppose only time will tell.

I think he got it very cheap, BMW wanted out at whatever the cost, even giving it away would have saved them a truck load of money.

What KTM has gained is one competitor out of the way which sold +- 10,000 units a year. They will now inherit most of those 10,000 units with a couple of Husky die hards going to Beta, Sherco or Gas Gas.

I don't believe there will be any changes to the KTM based bikes now, next year or in 10 years time.  

At least when KTM took Husaberg over they continued with the Husaberg 70 degree engine bikes for a couple of years. There was nothing wrong with the Husky X-Lite bikes, why not rather continue with them until they have developed their own Husqvarnas?

Fuck KTM and the horse they rode in on  >:( >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 02:27:53 pm by Rough Rider »