Pinned down by stupidity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slaaiblaar

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
After working night shift Sunday morning just past 7 it was time to fill up before going home as the range on the 1200GS LC already showed  - - - -.  On the small uphill about 150m from the garage the bike dies, luckily I’m almost at the top off the small hill and then I can free to the garage. Gear down to N, bike still freeing. Plan- will get of just before it comes to n dead stop and the assist by pushing it over the top……yeh right….. Bike in Neutral, engine not running, standing on left peg swinging right leg over…….oh f#$^&& %$##$%^ …..I kicked it into first gear , bike stops DEAD and start falling over to the left…..My first thought- “Why didn’t you buy those crash bars”  ended up with right leg over left leg with cylinder head on my foot…..nothing touching the tar road. Lifting the bike from that position is impossible, removing feet from under the cylinder head possible but not an option as this will cause some scratches. Waited like that for about 5min until passerby offered some help.  Luckily no damage to bike but my ego is “moer toe”

So I did the test 4km after 0km range is EMPTY. 20.3 liter in tank.
This thing is flippen heavy