TE 610 Custom Mods & Farkles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Straatkat

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 SE
My TE 610 is a 2009 model that I bought new in 2011,and since then I did a lot of modifications, maybe the most significant being the custom bashplate, which was a work in progress for long, but it is now finished with the latest addition of the bracket to tie the Giant Loop Coyote bag on. Some of the features include 2 tool tubes, completely waterproof, protection for the rear brake/gearshifter to prevent them from poking a hole in a casing. It also has some holes to make the trial stand easy to use. Then I also did a cover for the front sprocket that serves a triple purpose, firstly a case saver should the chain break... secondly it aids in holding the top chain roller on, which is welded rather flimsily to the frame, and lastly an anchor point for the left hand side GL bag.
Some points still to solve/consider, the tool tubes tend to sweat when the engine warms up and cools down, making the tools rust....I have removed the tools for now, but will fit them when going on a long ride or expedition, probably just squirt some Q20 in and see if that helps.
Also have a small concern about the bashplate shielding the motor from the breeze and the motor might run hot...looking at the Halls plates that are full of holes...on the other hand the motor is liquid cooled...It also sounds a bit hollow, but I am used to that by now.
Will post more mods when time permits.

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 599
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 579
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 587
  • 6.jpg