Took my new camera to Teratopia yesterday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanB

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
I took a chance and ordered a second hand Sony A700 body from Amazon a few weeks ago.

It arrived last Friday.  I was itching to try it out so I went past Teratopia yesterday to try it out.

I must admit its really nice :thumleft:  The reason I ordered it was that it was the successor to my trusty Minolta 7D, and still retained a large portion of the Minolta DNA.

But its a big improvement over the 7D having a much faster shutter, a very detailed screen to review the photo's on the back and some nice advanced features like Dynamic Range Optimisation, and of course double the resolution.

But happily it also retains Minolta's ergonomics (mostly) and very high quality optical viewfinder.

At five frames a second and 8-10mb per image, it didnt take long to fill a 2Gb memory card!  I dont really like using the "point and squirt" approach for photographing sport because you just become lazy, machine gunning all and sundry and you tend to miss the "decisive moment" and end up with hundreds of also-ran photo's - which is what I have from yesterday (150 odd images), but here are a few anyway:

sm_DSC0066.jpg

sm_DSC0091.jpg

sm_DSC0118.jpg

sm_DSC0125.jpg

sm_DSC0130.jpg

smDSC00163.jpg

smDSC00186.jpg