Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Anyone ride a terra 650?  (Read 4814 times)

Offline WP

Re: Anyone ride a terra 650?
« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2014, 09:07:02 am »
WP,ok now its a bit dodgy, also see a crack in the plastic on my rear Numberplate/light carrier,matter of time and it will completely break off. did Sandstorm sove this issue for you?

No, it's been almost 10 weeks and I am still waiting for the "Warranty claim" to be processed...

Offline Jawjo

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2014, 09:15:51 am »
Hey Chaps,

Check out this thread from Cafe Husky about tail/license-plate holder replacement ideas.  From what i have read, even if you get the part replaced its most probably still going to break again.

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/tr650-fender-license-plate-holder-eliminator-ideas.28894/

All the best

George

Offline melior

• Bike: MV (all models)
  • Agusta Tourismo Veloce 800
« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2014, 01:04:56 pm »
I love mine more and more albeit it only halfbreed ...

especially since it has gone Stealth mode:

Offline shjakadi

• Show me something new
« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2014, 01:22:43 pm »
ooohhhhh, nice pipes...

If I may ask - where did you get and what they cost?

Offline melior

« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2014, 01:32:31 pm »
ooohhhhh, nice pipes...

If I may ask - where did you get and what they cost?

Get them if you want to see the red sea opening in traffic - they make the bike sound superserious!

Not as expensive as most others - around R6K
Talk to Mark of Dream Adventure Motorcycles www.dreamadventuremc.co.za he can arrange and oversee fitment.

Offline melior

« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2014, 01:45:37 pm »
Mark (Dream Adv MC) do all work on my bikes as far as possible.  Unfortunately he doesn't have the necessary computer updates for this one's electronics, but neither has Sandstorm.  Fortunately BMW could assist with the hiccup mine developed recently - and even showed me how to get the bike to 'relearn' the environment.  [Incidentally, it has much the same electronics as the new BMW700 and 800.]

Recently I had an overheating problem and Mark discovered that the cooling system was fighting against an airlock and had no coolant in the water - even though it has been for 1000km service recently ............. where I was also charged for adjustment of the gear lever although it wasn't done (I then did it myself).

Offline WP

« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2014, 02:23:02 pm »
Mark (Dream Adv MC) do all work on my bikes as far as possible.  Unfortunately he doesn't have the necessary computer updates for this one's electronics, but neither has Sandstorm.  Fortunately BMW could assist with the hiccup mine developed recently - and even showed me how to get the bike to 'relearn' the environment.  [Incidentally, it has much the same electronics as the new BMW700 and 800.]

Recently I had an overheating problem and Mark discovered that the cooling system was fighting against an airlock and had no coolant in the water - even though it has been for 1000km service recently ............. where I was also charged for adjustment of the gear lever although it wasn't done (I then did it myself).

Typical Husqvarna...

have you had anything break off yours yet?

I don't take mine offroad at all, because it keeps breaking parts onroad...

Offline shjakadi

• Show me something new
« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2014, 09:34:44 am »
WP, sounds like you got the crappy deal.

I have been offroad plenty, some wild stuff included. Also completed DP1 & DP2 with the bike, no parts other than the pilot ever fell off or broke...

Offline WP

« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2014, 12:02:33 pm »
Well on mine the numberplate holder broke off. After they replaced it under warrantee the tail light lens broke, but I suspect they might have broken it with fitment of the numberplate holder. But anyway both are being fixed under warrantee.  And best of all my bike hasn't even fallen over... yet.

Offline Jawjo

« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2014, 03:09:47 pm »
Quick Question:

Does anyone know of a TERRA owner in the western cape/Cape Town?

Still keen to have a look at the bike in real life and sit one one to get a feel.

All the best

George